ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1140 of 3903
« First < 14064010401090113011361137113811391140 114111421143114411501190124016402140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:28 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You’ve missed a few.
We just need 1 more to create the group known as The Covid 19.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:30 PM 04-05-2020
:-) now that's funny
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:38 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Come on. He clearly wasn’t correct when he said that. A threat is not a present existent danger. It is a future possible negative outcome. Given what happened it was obviously a threat back then. We should have been worried about it. And as you said we should have been taking preventative measures. Unless something is a threat, you don’t take preventative measures. If he said it’s not affecting us right now or something he’d have been correct.

Yes we are talking with the benefit of hindsight as I think that was the context that jtubya is talking about with his thoughts on Dr. Fauci. If anyone probably should have been sounding alarms it’s Dr. Fauci. Of course I fully acknowledge he may well have been doing that behind the scenes.
He definitely underestimated it there is no denying that but we don't know what information he was getting from China where the virus originated. Despite what he says publicly it doesn't take a genius to realize obviously they didn't tell him or the world how dangerous this virus is like they should have.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:43 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And you're being a dick.

We all know why Fauci said it wasn't a problem in January.

We also know that China didn't fully disclose the extent of the disease back in November.

It's best to drop it.

Comment with an insult then say it’s best to drop it? Yeah okay nice work dropping it. I’m not even talking about the why behind what he said. The reasoning isn’t what makes the statement wrong. That being said I think he has mostly been trying to just play both angle to prevent over reactions in any direction to any one thing.
[Reply]
srvy 08:45 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why throw in the insult , seems a little childish and probably doesn’t do you any favours trying to convince people to see your point of view.
Who has the best maple syrup in Canuck land?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:45 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He definitely underestimated it there is no denying that but we don't know what information he was getting from China where the virus originated. Despite what he says publicly it doesn't take a genius to realize obviously they didn't tell him or the world how dangerous this virus is like they should have.
You would think being in his position over the course of 4 presidents he would have learned by now not to trust the Chinese :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:47 PM 04-05-2020
We went to the Wal Mart Market yesterday. How depressing. Security at the front door only allowing 20% capacity in at a time. Mostly half empty to empty shelves. No beef, TP, paper products. People with masks and gloves walking around like its the apocalypse. Tape on the floor keeping every apart. They said they going to 10% capacity on Monday, so expect long lines.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:49 PM 04-05-2020
People throwing their used surgical gloves down in the parking lots are rude assholes.
[Reply]
eDave 08:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
People throwing their used surgical gloves down in the parking lots are rude assholes.
Dude, they're everywhere. Hell, I found a full box of unused ones in the street a couple of weeks ago.
[Reply]
srvy 08:57 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Pat Robertson has always been on of the most ignorant person on the planet.
Just another example of an old 80+ year old no one should be paying attention to what they are saying.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:00 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You’ve missed a few.
Yeah, we're trying to be lenient....
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:02 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Dude, they're everywhere. Hell, I found a full box of unused ones in the street a couple of weeks ago.
They would have to be treated as medical waste at this point since the person cleaning them up is now at risk. They were all over the Walmart parking lot. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:06 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You would think being in his position over the course of 4 presidents he would have learned by now not to trust the Chinese :-)
It has nothing to do with trusting or not trusting the Chinese. How is he supposed warn the public about the virus if the Chinese didn't tell him the truth? There was nothing he could do.

If you don't want to follow what the guy says that is fine but to act like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about because he isn't right 100% of the time is ridiculous. A guy with his resume and his position doesn't get that by accident.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:10 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It has nothing to do with trusting or not trusting the Chinese. How is he supposed warn the public about the virus if the Chinese didn't tell him the truth? There was nothing he could do.

If you don't want to follow what the guy says that is fine but to act like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about because he isn't right 100% of the time is ridiculous. A guy with his resume and his position doesn't get that by accident.
He missed on the biggest issue in 100 years. Sorry, I can't just poo poo that one away and shrug my shoulders.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:20 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We went to the Wal Mart Market yesterday. How depressing. Security at the front door only allowing 20% capacity in at a time. Mostly half empty to empty shelves. No beef, TP, paper products. People with masks and gloves walking around like its the apocalypse. Tape on the floor keeping every apart. They said they going to 10% capacity on Monday, so expect long lines.
Really? I thought this type of thing was over. I live in a suburb of Wichita and our Dillons had everything but Lysol, hand sanitizer, chlorox wipes, and strangely enough....pasta, the other day. Full meat counter, mostly full TP aisle. Maybe I just went on a good day.
[Reply]
Page 1140 of 3903
« First < 14064010401090113011361137113811391140 114111421143114411501190124016402140 > Last »
Up