ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1058 of 3903
« First < 585589581008104810541055105610571058 105910601061106210681108115815582058 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 07:00 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If I improperly remove or put on ppe at work I increase my chance of getting contaminated, she was doing everything wrong multiple times and not using proper hand washing , putting on a contaminated mask and gloves is worse than not putting a mask and gloves at all.
Gloves? Sure. Absolutely.

Mask? No. Masks protect you from droplets and shooting out droplets into the air to infect other people. Any ****ing idiot can wear a mask, and even if they wear it poorly, it will still HELP. And the contaminates are from YOU. So as long as you don't throw it at people after you are done using it there shouldn't be a huge deal about that.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:00 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's possible that more of New York's cases are mature, compared to more of the cases in California being newer. Since Washington and New York are the earliest out breaks. One can expect their deaths to be higher as a result.
How do you even begin to say their cases are newer? They are so much closer to the original hot spot of WA state than NY yet somehow their cases are just now starting?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:01 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm using Shipt down here. No issues, Get delivery's within hours or pick my time. Substitutions are only done for hoarder stuff.
Instacart was the only option for delivery and it'll be the last time, for sure.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:01 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
California is actually surprising the **** out of me. While they are number 3 in total cases which given their population is to be expected they are very low in total deaths and their daily new deaths seem to stay under 30. There was some chatter on the radio today that they are saying their curve is flattening. I sure hope so. Cause right now the east coast is scaring the **** out of everyone.
I live in the SF Bay Area and I am surprised as well. Buddy of mine works with the county emergency response team and tells me they are still anticipating our spike to be in 3 weeks from now. That is surprising because we have been sheltered in place for just over 2 weeks already. No way of knowing how compliant everybody has been but it feels like our curve has been softened big time. Some speculation is that California has already been hit with the bulk as early as January and we just all thought it was the normal flu. Many of us have had weird sore throats, coughs and low grade fevers since January and didnt think much of it. Time will tell I guess.....
[Reply]
Monticore 07:02 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
So is Donger the guy that most people know at least one who has to argue EVERY point?
He just likes to really understand stuff, it just takes him a few extra questions to get there sometimes.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:03 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I live in the SF Bay Area and I am surprised as well. Buddy of mine works with the county emergency response team and tells me they are still anticipating our spike to be in 3 weeks from now. That is surprising because we have been sheltered in place for just over 2 weeks already. No way of knowing how compliant everybody has been but it feels like our curve has been softened big time. Some speculation is that California has already been hit with the bulk as early as January and we just all thought it was the normal flu. Many of us have had weird sore throats, coughs and low grade fevers since January and didnt think much of it. Time will tell I guess.....
I completely agree with that and I think it was more widespread than people realize. Thus giving us the worse flu season ever. I hope it doesn't get worse there.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:05 PM 04-02-2020
Gloves? Sure. Absolutely.

Mask? No. Masks protect you from droplets and shooting out droplets into the air to infect other people. Any ****ing idiot can wear a mask, and even if they wear it poorly, it will still HELP.
High probability you touch your face with them , washing them is less effective than washing your hands and people will often times wear them multiple times and lose track of what was inside or outside.

Putting the mask on you dash and contaminating the inside by using dirty hands .if you contaminate the outside and then It gets moist from breathing .
[Reply]
eDave 07:05 PM 04-02-2020
Guy I know"

https://www.facebook.com/watchparty/...icit&ref=notif
[Reply]
BWillie 07:05 PM 04-02-2020
Everybody keeps saying that. I don't see how it could be true. If it was, the ICU's would have been much more full like they are in NY and Italy. But they weren't.

I got the flu for the first time in 10 years in early February. And it was the flu. It wasn't coronavirus.
[Reply]
Donger 07:05 PM 04-02-2020
Of course I do. If she takes the time to use gloves and mask it is because she wants to avoid contamination. How about this scenario:
Same women driving in her car sees a car wreck on the side of road and pulls over to help. She sees a person bleeding badly so she puts on gloves to protect herself from contamination and begins to help the person. Paramedics come and say thank you goodbye. Lady walks back to her car wearing her gloves completely bloody. Do you think she will rummage through her purse with the gloves on? Do you think she will touch her hair or shoulder with gloves on? Do you think she will remove her gloves in such a way as to not get blood on her clean hand? Do you think she will roll up her bloody gloves and put them in her jeans pocket?

I think being that she cant see anything on her gloves makes her feel clean and protected and complacent and therefore it increases her risk of getting truly infected. If you disagree, thats OK. I`ve had nothing better to do the last hour so Im just having fun. Cheers
Again, there's no need for alternative scenarios. If you can't explain why she's more likely to get infected in the scenario you posted about with gloves and masks than without, that's fine.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:07 PM 04-02-2020
Everybody keeps saying that. I don't see how it could be true. If it was, the ICU's would have been much more full like they are in NY and Italy. But they weren't.

I got the flu for the first time in 10 years in early February. And it was the flu. It wasn't coronavirus.
That is a gross assumption at best. You have absolutely no way of knowing that whatsoever.
[Reply]
Donger 07:07 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
So is Donger the guy that most people know at least one who has to argue EVERY point?
No. But I question things that don't make sense logically and rationally. Unfortunately, that's often.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I completely agree with that and I think it was more widespread than people realize. Thus giving us the worse flu season ever. I hope it doesn't get worse there.
Or maybe we have the "herd immunity" thing going on. Wishful thinking I know.....Not sure how much longer the shelter in place orders will last. The streets are busier with traffic this week from last week when they looked like a ghost town. People are getting antsy
[Reply]
BWillie 07:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
High probability you touch your face with them , washing them is less effective than washing your hands and people will often times wear them multiple times and lose track of what was inside or outside.
Even if you let someone else infected with the virus use your mask, then used it one day later. Which nobody would ever do in real life. But lets assume they did that. You could still use the mask one day later and have almost a 0% chance of getting the virus. The virus does not last on that type of material for as long as it does on solid surfaces. It only lasts on solid surfaces, like real solid non-porous surfaces to UP TO 24 hrs. In very rare cases and surfaces can it ever last longer than that. And even Much less on clothes and porous surfaces.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:09 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Again, there's no need for alternative scenarios. If you can't explain why she's more likely to get infected in the scenario you posted about with gloves and masks than without, that's fine.
I have

you dont agree

Thats OK

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1058 of 3903
« First < 585589581008104810541055105610571058 105910601061106210681108115815582058 > Last »
Up