ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1047 of 3903
« First < 47547947997103710431044104510461047 104810491050105110571097114715472047 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:48 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And where are they to get the masks from?

[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:50 PM 04-02-2020
New York will run out of ventilators within six days, governor warns

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com
[Reply]
Donger 03:51 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Serious question in case I missed it, but is there a link confirming the federal government intentionally advised the public masks wouldn't help protect them to suppress demand?

Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!
https://t.co/UxZRwxxKL9

— U.S. Surgeon General (@Surgeon_General) February 29, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 03:52 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That seems like a contradictory post.
[Reply]
Donger 03:52 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That seems like a contradictory post.
Contradictory with what?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yikes!

:-)

Our professional pundit class simply has no idea how the rest of the country actually operates. That is the ONLY explanation for these hushed tones.

"What - 350 million people can't just pack up their laptops and work from their couches....why not?"

And as more and more businesses fall short on fixed costs over the coming 2-4 weeks, they'll look to their variable costs. The biggest variable cost for the vast majority of businesses? You guessed it - labor.

The same people squealing about anyone who dares to leave their homes are now sitting there evidently shocked at the fact that tens of millions of people who aren't allowed to leave their homes will lose their jobs.

The staggering naivety should be eye-opening. So many people making these decisions or reporting on them have no earthly idea how 80% of this country lives.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:53 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'm glad to know that we'll have a vaccine ready right about the time everybody on the planet is already either recovered or dead.
Relax. You act like it is a half a year away... Oh wait...
[Reply]
O.city 03:55 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Our professional pundit class simply has no idea how the rest of the country actually operates. That is the ONLY explanation for these hushed tones.

"What - 350 million people can't just pack up their laptops and work from their couches....why not?"

And as more and more businesses fall short on fixed costs over the coming 2-4 weeks, they'll look to their variable costs. The biggest variable cost for the vast majority of businesses? You guessed it - labor.

The same people squealing about anyone who dares to leave their homes are now sitting there evidently shocked at the fact that tens of millions of people who aren't allowed to leave their homes will lose their jobs.

The staggering naivety should be eye-opening. So many people making these decisions or reporting on them have no earthly idea how 80% of this country lives.
Like I said. 3 weeks max. People are goin back to work.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:56 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't think anyone is shocked just sad to read about...

Fun fact - until last month, the worst week for unemployment filings was 695,000 in 1982.
[Reply]
O.city 03:56 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've watched quite a few TV programs about a vaccine, from Axios to 60 Minutes to CNN, et al, and in each and every instance, the scientists said it would be closer to 18 months for clinical trials to be completed and the vaccine to be ready for the public.

While it's great that so many different scientists have created a vaccine, it'll take a year, at least, before their true effectiveness and safety are known.
They'll streamline this one. They aren't having to start from scratch since they can piggy back off the SARS attempts.

I hope atleast.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:59 PM 04-02-2020
So what happens if the vaccine gets released and doesnt work like it's supposed to or it takes more than a year for one to come out?

Both seem kinda plausible no?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:59 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There will be a lot more dead mother fuckers too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:59 PM 04-02-2020
They'll streamline this one. They aren't having to start from scratch since they can piggy back off the SARS attempts.

I hope atleast.
Other interviewers have brought up that notion, only to be spurned.

Hopefully behind the scenes, the scientists are thinking differently.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:00 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yeesh that's a bad look.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:01 PM 04-02-2020
I don't think there's much of a chance that LA opens up in 3 weeks, especially since the governor closed down the schools for the remainder of the academic school year, which was to end on June 12.
[Reply]
Page 1047 of 3903
« First < 47547947997103710431044104510461047 104810491050105110571097114715472047 > Last »
Up