ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1026 of 3903
« First < 26526926976101610221023102410251026 102710281029103010361076112615262026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 04-02-2020

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine announced that the vaccine, when tested in mice, produces antibodies specific to the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that could be enough to fight off the virus. https://t.co/kS718NLwMU

— TribLIVE.com (@TribLIVE) April 2, 2020

We may get lucky and be a little ahead on this one since we had worked on Mers and Sars.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i don’t get the “ initial hit has to do with how bad it gets” line.

Maybe I don’t understand enough about viruses but don’t they just multiply once they start infecting you?
If your body has no immune system, yes.

But if your body does, their ability to multiply depends on how many 'living soldiers' they have left, so to speak.

So to put it in military terms, if the virus shows up at the gates with an overwhelming show of force and immediately flattens your front lines, the front lines have done little to slow them, they march through the middle, pick up supplies and strengthen and then beat the holy shit out of your reserve troops before ransacking the city.

If, however, the virus shows up with a much smaller force, your front lines battle it hard. In this scenario they eventually lose and you still have the virus penetrating the front and coming through your middle, but in the process your reserves have rallied, they show up and they squash the remaining troops before they can get to the city.

What your body is able to do EARLY in the infection seems to have a role in how your body handles it. When getting smoked with initial high viral loads, the body is either breaking down completely or trying to spin into overdrive and creating those cyotkine storms that are fucking up peoples lungs. But if you're hit with a relatively small/moderate dose, your body's early response gives it a strong fighting chance. The body doesn't respond with a cytokine storm (I dunno...the equivalent of throwing a tactical nuke in the middle of the field) but rather uses its reserves to put down what's left of the virus.

Clear as mud?
[Reply]
Cntrygal 11:00 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Our bars, restaurants etc are closed to public seating (some restaurants are doing takeout/curbside delivery etc). The parks/playgrounds are closed and they're recommending no gatherings above 10 and those should be people that you live with. All concerts/events have been cancelled through April.

SD: 129 cases
Recovered: 51
Hospitalized: 12
Deaths: 2

My county (Pennington) has had 2 of those cases so far (1 recovered).

The other day I got yelled at by some old bat because we didn't have the big biscuit Shredded Wheat in stock.

FFS... First toilet paper and now Shredded Wheat?!?!?!

24 hour update:South Dakota

Cases: 165
Recovered: 57
Hospitalized: 17
Deaths: 2

My county (Pennington) has had 6 of those cases so far (1 recovered).
[Reply]
petegz28 11:01 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Man I hope that is right. KC instituted thier lock down what 2 weeks ago?
https://www-kmbc-com.cdn.ampproject....ues%2F32010229
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:01 AM 04-02-2020
Yeah clear as mud lmao
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Man I hope that is right. KC instituted thier lock down what 2 weeks ago?
It's hard to really know, people around me are saying they know people with symptoms yet no one can get tested unless they're dying so they don't count in numbers.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:04 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's hard to really know, people around me are saying they know people with symptoms yet no one can get tested unless they're dying so they don't count in numbers.
So once again we don’t actually know anything
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:04 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If your body has no immune system, yes.

But if your body does, their ability to multiply depends on how many 'living soldiers' they have left, so to speak.

So to put it in military terms, if the virus shows up at the gates with an overwhelming show of force and immediately flattens your front lines, the front lines have done little to slow them, they march through the middle, pick up supplies and strengthen and then beat the holy shit out of your reserve troops before ransacking the city.

If, however, the virus shows up with a much smaller force, your front lines battle it hard. In this scenario they eventually lose and you still have the virus penetrating the front and coming through your middle, but in the process your reserves have rallied, they show up and they squash the remaining troops before they can get to the city.

What your body is able to do EARLY in the infection seems to have a role in how your body handles it. When getting smoked with initial high viral loads, the body is either breaking down completely or trying to spin into overdrive and creating those cyotkine storms that are fucking up peoples lungs. But if you're hit with a relatively small/moderate dose, your body's early response gives it a strong fighting chance. The body doesn't respond with a cytokine storm (I dunno...the equivalent of throwing a tactical nuke in the middle of the field) but rather uses its reserves to put down what's left of the virus.

Clear as mud?
Right now, my body is the Western Front in WWI?

Because I've had the same symptoms for almost two weeks with no change for the better or worse.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:06 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Mo is not even in the top 20 of cases. In fact, KMBC had an article this morning stating that as hospitals gear up, the virus itself is trending down in the KC metro area.
That's because the testing is way behind...I know of at least 10 people in my town alone that have all the symptoms and couldn't be tested, were given inhalers and told to stay home.

I think the numbers of people that actually have it are wayyyy more than what's being reported.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 04-02-2020
So once again we don’t actually know anything
Pretty much, if I was guessing I'd say the number of people that actually have it is staggeringly high.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:06 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

It has been like that everywhere especially in MO. Prior to the testing relaxation rules last week in order to get tested you had to have a doctor ask, along with 3-4 symptoms and you had to know if you encountered someone that already tested positive. So basically it was near impossible to get a test in MO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 04-02-2020
Yeah clear as mud lmao
Like Monticore said, it's a working theory with a lot more study to be accepted as fact.

But its intuitive as hell. If you do don't fall down by 24 points in the first quarter, it makes a comeback in the 2nd half a damn sight easier.

Not everybody has a Mahomes under center.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:07 AM 04-02-2020
Well NAPA just called and said they are having no new shipments to the warehouse. No shipping between warehouses. Basically said when the kc warehouse is out they are out and closing...
Hmmm, I wonder if Balkamp decided to lock her down for the time being, (which would neuter most of the parts you use) or if GPC itself made the call out of Atlanta?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:07 AM 04-02-2020
For anyone wondering where I live, I basically live in far north eastern independence, you know the nice part lol.
[Reply]
Donger 11:07 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Couple weeks ago. You can go see my posts in bayon's thread in DC where I was pointing out on almost a daily basis that we were dropping. Probably could even find some in this thread. Probably even find some of you ridiculing me for pointing it out as well.
I don't see you mentioning it higher than 1% in that thread. I do see you saying a lot of other things, though.
[Reply]
Page 1026 of 3903
« First < 26526926976101610221023102410251026 102710281029103010361076112615262026 > Last »
Up