ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1018 of 3903
« First < 18518918968100810141015101610171018 101910201021102210281068111815182018 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
DJLN is definitely a smug douche but at least he explains his stance. I never leave a thread wondering how he feels about something because he's already posted a fucking dissertation.
Yeah...I try to apologize for that about once a year.

I'm fucking wordy, man. I don't like it - it just happens.

(So here's my annual apology. Sorry 'bout the yappin')
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:55 AM 04-02-2020
Y'all funny.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:55 AM 04-02-2020
How many new gun owners do you think there are?
[Reply]
SupDock 08:57 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah and you better have a plan for when you end this lock down. I shared my idea.

It seems we really had no plan initially when this all statted.
Sometimes you have to act based on the information you have, and wasting time waiting for more information will cost lives.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:59 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
this was a discussion about the 46 Americans that are asymptomatic that live in Florida. Both the cruise lines, the people and the govenor agree they show no symptoms. They are not sick.

You act like I was saying I personally had the military fly me out to the cruise ship. Checked them all out personally. Flew back in and gave my report to Chiefs planet?

Moot point, they are all getting off now.

I’ll not be responding to either one of your posts in the future. They seem to only have one negative purpose. There’s is enough negativity and bad shit happening all over the world. I’ll not participate in your posts that serve no purpose.
just because someone shows no symptoms doesnt mean they are not sick.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:01 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You can only hold back for so long. At some point, you can't keep everything locked down. We're buying time. You can only buy so much.

The end game here is a percent of the population gets this and either survives to become immune or doesn't.

The end game is obviously a vaccine and therapeutics. Be in the interim once we flatten the curve and start going down we need to be TESTING, TRACING, and QUARANTINING.
[Reply]
Donger 09:02 AM 04-02-2020
God, people suck:

(CNN)Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's top medical expert on the coronavirus pandemic and a member of President Donald Trump's coronavirus task force, is facing threats to his personal safety and now requires personal security from law enforcement at all times, including at his home, a source confirms to CNN.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:02 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The end game is obviously a vaccine and therapeutics. Be in the interim once we flatten the curve and start going down we need to be TESTING, TRACING, and QUARANTINING.
PPE and ventilators would be a great end-game too
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Sometimes you have to act based on the information you have, and wasting time waiting for more information will cost lives.
And sometimes swerving to avoid a stray cat sends you flipping down a highway.

An over-correction can be just as damaging as none at all. But whatever you do, you have to keep sawing that wheel to try to straighten out.

Nobody seems willing to try to saw the wheel right now.

If I got the impression from any leadership at any level that their approach right now is "look - the anchor brake has failed and we're just trying to stop this chain before it rips from the ship altogether. We'll worry about how to get it safely back on deck AFTER we keep it from ripping through the superstructure..." then I'd give them some latitude.

But who are we hearing that from? All we're hearing is "well we're just gonna need more and for longer and hey, you guys should probably just start planning for August at this point..."

It doesn't sound like any of them have a plan beyond the ends of their respective noses. They all to be operating from fear and political expedience. Which will invariably produce poor results.
[Reply]
Donger 09:05 AM 04-02-2020
Hoarded personal protective equipment seized by the FBI in a price-gouging investigation will be distributed to New York and New Jersey health care workers to help fight the coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced Thursday.

The equipment, including about 192,000 N95 respirator masks, was discovered on Monday as part of an investigation by the Department of Justice’s COVID-19 Hoarding and Price Gouging Task force.

HHS said it will pay the owner of the hoarded equipment the “fair market value” for the supplies, based on prices before the coronavirus was declared a pandemic. HHS said it used its authority under the Defense Production Act to order the supplies to be turned over to the government.

In addition to N95 masks, authorities seized 598,000 medical grade gloves, 130,000 surgical masks, as well as procedure masks, N100 masks, surgical gowns, disinfectant towels, particulate filters, bottles of hand sanitizer and bottles of spray disinfectant.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:05 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

An over-correction can be just as damaging as none at all. But whatever you do, you have to keep sawing that wheel to try to straighten out.

If I got the impression from any leadership at any level that their approach right now is "look - the anchor brake has failed and we're just trying to stop this chain before it rips from the ship altogether. We'll worry about how to get it safely back on deck AFTER we keep it from ripping through the superstructure..." then I'd give them some latitude.

But who are we hearing that from? All we're hearing is "well we're just gonna need more and for longer and hey, you guys should probably just start planning for August at this point..."

It doesn't sound like any of them have a plan beyond the ends of their respective noses. They all to be operating from fear and political expedience. Which will invariably produce poor results.
maybe thats because none of them have any idea what this thing is going to do. i'm not sure anyone knows much of anything about combating this thing. thats what is so worrisome
[Reply]
Sorce 09:06 AM 04-02-2020
https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...rnd/index.html
[Reply]
SupDock 09:07 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I imagine some people are analyzing what determines when we start reopening things, but if you notice, more things are being shut down, and to me, "not yet" is enough information for now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:08 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
PPE and ventilators would be a great end-game too

Should have been in hand at the beginning but yes I agree. We need enough masks for every American and was thinking about the possibility of the government sending care packs (masks, gloves etc) to each household.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah and you better have a plan for when you end this lock down. I shared my idea.

It seems we really had no plan initially when this all statted.
Scott Gottlieb posted a plan for the way out and he's working with the admin. So hopefully that'll help.
[Reply]
Page 1018 of 3903
« First < 18518918968100810141015101610171018 101910201021102210281068111815182018 > Last »
Up