ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 501 of 2678
« First < 401451491497498499500501 50250350450551155160110011501 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:52 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Al Saunders had no audible options in his offense.
Really? Why does Trent always talk about when he had to audible at the line...looking for matchups...ect like he Always does? Is he talking hypothetically while sounding like, that is how he did it?

I believe you though. As many shifts and misdirections they did- it is amazing to me they did not Ever change the play once it was set.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:58 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What?

Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and became the Packers starter in 2008 with a record of 6-10.

In 2009, the Packers were 11-5 and 0-1 in the playoffs.

In 2010, the Packers were 10-6 and 4-0 in the playoffs, winning the Super Bowl.

He won the Super Bowl in his 3rd season as a starter and 6th year in the league.

Dumb
That's still six years before a playoff win. That's not what I want
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:00 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What?

Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and became the Packers starter in 2008 with a record of 6-10.

In 2009, the Packers were 11-5 and 0-1 in the playoffs.

In 2010, the Packers were 10-6 and 4-0 in the playoffs, winning the Super Bowl.

He won the Super Bowl in his 3rd season as a starter and 6th year in the league.

Dumb
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:19 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
That's still six years before a playoff win. That's not what I want
Doubt anyone would complain if he matches Rodgers' first 3 seasons as a starter.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:07 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We keep hearing how Andy's offense is the most complicated offense ever created - but what we Actually see on the field is an offense that is so predictable the defense seems to know what is coming on a majority of plays.

So how can it be both?

Be honest- who feels that Al Saunders offense was more complicated? Trent had to deal with multiple shifts, pre-count, then if he still didn't get the matchups he wanted, had to audible and go through more shifts.

We don't see that from Alex- and besides a few gadget plays here and there mostly involving Poe- it seems like the same game plan every week.

If Andy is an Offensive genius- how could he not design a game plan within Mahomes limited scope of knowledge, that is both within the current system but yet open ended to take advantage of Mahomes ability to extend plays for huge gains?
Really? Why does Trent always talk about when he had to audible at the line...looking for matchups...ect like he Always does? Is he talking hypothetically while sounding like, that is how he did it?

I believe you though. As many shifts and misdirections they did- it is amazing to me they did not Ever change the play once it was set.
The supposition of the "brain surgeon" QB in regards to Reid's offense is now revealed to be complete horse shit.
Having a fucking PHD is not required to be a winner.
Having a H-E-A-R-T most certainly is.

And the Frisco Flatboy lost his a LONG time ago.

Make no mistake: if the situation were less "complicated", Alex Smith would NOT be the starter for the 2017 season.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:29 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by ModCat:
Doubt anyone would complain if he matches Rodgers' first 3 seasons as a starter.
Of course not. I think the point is that sitting four years didn't help him be this instant force.

For instance, Wilson and Big Ben both won the super bowl in year two without sitting. Rodgers - arguably more talented - sat four years and it still took three years to win.

I just think there's no hard and fast rule for any of this.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:34 PM 09-02-2017
Of course not. I think the point is that sitting four years didn't help him be this instant force.

For instance, Wilson and Big Ben both won the super bowl in year two without sitting. Rodgers - arguably more talented - sat four years and it still took three years to win.

Only one that comes to mind for me. . . 'it's a team game.'
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:24 PM 09-02-2017
Did you ever notice that the team was demonstrably better when the QB was something more than a middling, cowardly, journeyman?

I did!

[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:27 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
they dont even need that much. They need 2 TDs and a field goal per game on average.
I guess you learned math where?

3 out of 4 games we lost as our opponents scored more than 2 TD and a FG!

2 L Houston Texans 12 19

11 L Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 19

15 L Tennessee Titans 17 19

I said "Average" because you have these games where it takes more than 4 to win.

1 W OT 1-0 San Diego Chargers 33 27

4 L 2-2 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 14 43

13 W 9-3 Atlanta Falcons 29 28

17 W 12-4 @ San Diego Chargers 37 27*

* took all 4
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:28 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Did you ever notice that the team was demonstrably better when the QB was something more than a middling, cowardly, journeyman?

I did!

Be ready for a lot of bitching about how awful Conley is and that Tyreek and Kelce are overrated because they drop too many passes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:28 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

I did!

Hope is a powerful motivator.

Pat MaHopes
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:33 PM 09-02-2017

Rodgers should be happy.

He sat for three years behind a Hall of Famer and had zero wear and tear on his body.

It won't be long before he's the highest paid player in the history of the game, which probably doesn't happen if he started in 2005.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:33 PM 09-02-2017
Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
Veach on Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith: "He’s so far ahead of where Pat is, I don’t think it’s even close right now."
5:03 PM · Sep 2, 2017

They are trying so hard to make this easier for Alex
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:35 PM 09-02-2017

Has Peters and Houston ever jumped around for Smith like they did Mahomes? Ever?

I am not sure why -(If Smith comes out and Fails) anyone would not want to see the Chiefs led by the most exciting and talented QB in the draft? :-)
Last year game one?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:39 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
Veach on Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith: "He’s so far ahead of where Pat is, I don’t think it’s even close right now."
5:03 PM · Sep 2, 2017

They are trying so hard to make this easier for Alex
Yes indeed. Alex is about 12 years ahead. Twelve worthless, unaccomplished, mostly pitiful years. A wasted career.
[Reply]
Page 501 of 2678
« First < 401451491497498499500501 50250350450551155160110011501 > Last »
Up