ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1919 of 2683
« First < 919141918191869190919151916191719181919 19201921192219231929196920192419 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 09:31 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hopefully that's a lesson for Broussard. Don't bet against Mahomes!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:37 PM 09-29-2020

[Reply]
eDave 10:03 PM 09-29-2020
Do they yell at each other through the entire segment? Jesus.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 PM 09-29-2020
Rob Parker is Skip Bayless-level stupid.

Did you watch the fucking game, Rob? Is Aaron Rodgers doing THAT stuff?

No. He's not.

Shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:13 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rob Parker is Skip Bayless-level stupid.

Did you watch the ****ing game, Rob? Is Aaron Rodgers doing THAT stuff?

No. He's not.

Shut the **** up.
Aaron is looking pretty dang good right now. Hit some Mahomes level throws the last few weeks. It looks to me like he has turned back the clock about 5 years. He's still got some gas left in the tank. Drafting that new kid seems to be giving him a bunch of motivation.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:48 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I also think our fanbase needs to have her back. There are usually threads about her (and Jackson) on opposing forums and they’re pretty freaking gross. She’s definitely taken some heat on Twitter for stupid reasons and there have been times where you can tell it’s been a lot for her. The Patriot fan pile-ons are especially bad.

Unfortunately, there were quite a few Chiefs fans on social openly riffing about how Patrick and Clark were negotiating a “Gracie” clause in Patrick’s contract. That **** is gross and Brittany definitely saw some of those takes. Brittany has done nothing but embrace KC and support Patrick since coming here, and we need to have her back.
I agree. And I am almost 100% certain that Patrick sees a lot of that shit too. I am glad that they seem to have thick skin, and realize that the people acting that way are the minority, and that the vast, overwhelming majority support Patrick and through him support Brittany as well.

Patrick just gave an interview where he sited the bad fans in New York, who would boo his father when he would come into the game because he had a poor ERA. He didn't like it, and said he that even though he was very, very young, he made a note that he didn't want to play in a place like that when he was a professional athlete.

As Chiefs fans we have waited 50 years for a QB good enough to get us to the Super Bowl, and we somehow hit the jackpot, and instead of getting a QB good enough to get us to the Super Bowl, we got a QB good enough to one day be the greatest football player ever, and a QB good enough to not only get us to a Super Bowl, but to win more than one. And as a bonus he seems to genuinely be one of the best human beings.

And instead of embracing him, and EVERYTHING about him, some jackoff assholes want to comment negatively on his long time girlfriend and fiance because they think she isn't as attractive as she should be, and they criticize the way in which she supports Patrick 100% because they think she can be obnoxious and embarrasses them in front of other fan bases.

And they attack and mock his little brother because he is effeminate and brash, and they criticize him because they think he is an attention seeker & just "cashing in" one Patrick's fame and fortune.

These jackoffs seriously think it's their place to make these negative, misogynistic, high school mean girl comments & criticisms of Brittany, and these negative, borderline bigoted, homophobic comments & criticisms of Jackson because her boyfriend/fiance and his brother, just happens to play for a professional sports team they root for.

Its pathetic.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:10 AM 09-30-2020

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:35 AM 09-30-2020
Somewhere in this thread, I talked about Marcellus Wiley always choosing Lamar Jackson over Patrick Mahomes, and the fact that he can barely disguise his colorism/shadeism, because he associates Jackson's darker skin tone as being a true representation of the black QB, and the true role model for Africa American kids from the ghettos or projects.

He has said several things in the past that allude or hint to his belief that the privilege afforded Mahomes based on his light skin color, and the fact that he has a white mother, as reasons for his success life.

And today that MFer was arguing that Lamar is not only as good as Mahomes at passing the ball, but that he was actually a BETTER passer than Mahomes based on statistics that showed Lamar Jackson as having more games with a perfect passer rating, and having more games with higher passer ratings than Mahomes.

He didn't mention that in those games Jackson threw the ball less than 30 times, and included mostly short completions, with average to low yards per attempt.

AND HE WAS ADAMANT THAT LAMAR WAS A BETTER PASSER THAN MAHOMES. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, and certainly the hottest garbage hot take of all time.

I do not consider myself a POC (I am Native American) so I really don't know how offensive or hurtful colorism or shadeism is amongst light skinned POC, but to me it seems like plain old regular racism, and not only do I think Wiley is disgusting for this obvious racism, but I think he can take his Ivy League education and just fuck the hell off.

FS1 should give Speak for Yourself to Lavar Arrington and Emmanuel Acho, and fire Wiley's ass. I will never take another thing that Wiley says seriously, and I will always view him as a disgusting racist.

[Reply]
ARROW2 07:11 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Somewhere in this thread, I talked about Marcellus Wiley always choosing Lamar Jackson over Patrick Mahomes, and the fact that he can barely disguise his colorism/shadeism, because he associates Jackson's darker skin tone as being a true representation of the black QB, and the true role model for Africa American kids from the ghettos or projects.

He has said several things in the past that allude or hint to his belief that the privilege afforded Mahomes based on his light skin color, and the fact that he has a white mother, as reasons for his success life.

And today that MFer was arguing that Lamar is not only as good as Mahomes at passing the ball, but that he was actually a BETTER passer than Mahomes based on statistics that showed Lamar Jackson as having more games with a perfect passer rating, and having more games with higher passer ratings than Mahomes.

He didn't mention that in those games Jackson threw the ball less than 30 times, and included mostly short completions, with average to low yards per attempt.

AND HE WAS ADAMANT THAT LAMAR WAS A BETTER PASSER THAN MAHOMES. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, and certainly the hottest garbage hot take of all time.

I do not consider myself a POC (I am Native American) so I really don't know how offensive or hurtful colorism or shadeism is amongst light skinned POC, but to me it seems like plain old regular racism, and not only do I think Wiley is disgusting for this obvious racism, but I think he can take his Ivy League education and just **** the hell off.

FS1 should give Speak for Yourself to Lavar Arrington and Emmanuel Acho, and fire Wiley's ass. I will never take another thing that Wiley says seriously, and I will always view him as a disgusting racist.

If he is paid to be indifferent, than he needs to ask to take the other side sometimes because that was beyond ridiculous. Yeah, he is into the dark/light thing. Just like Deion. It's sad
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They tried to rush 4 several times. It didn't work either.

They simply didn't have any other choice. Nothing they did worked.
Its obvious by now that cover 3 with rushing 4 has the most success against Mahomes. But......Very few teams have the necessary 4 DL to get pressure on Mahomes to pull that off. I think there is going to be a buyers market to get those 4 DL on their team ASAP.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:12 AM 09-30-2020
Cowherd today:

Easy Street: The Patrick Mahomes Story

Starts at about the 4 minute mark:

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Aaron is looking pretty dang good right now. Hit some Mahomes level throws the last few weeks. It looks to me like he has turned back the clock about 5 years. He's still got some gas left in the tank. Drafting that new kid seems to be giving him a bunch of motivation.
He's great. So is Russ. There are other great QBs in this league.

What we're talking about with Mahomes, though, is that extra flash to his arm talent. Aaron can throw off his back foot and across his body and make plays as well, yes, but he doesn't quite do it with the same zip, and not to the high level of proficiency that Mahomes has.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Its obvious by now that cover 3 with rushing 4 has the most success against Mahomes. But......Very few teams have the necessary 4 DL to get pressure on Mahomes to pull that off. I think there is going to be a buyers market to get those 4 DL on their team ASAP.
It's going to drive up the value of interior DL by quite a bit. And the guys that actually pan out is so small, it's going to hyper inflate the market.

All the more reason it's great they got Jones locked up now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:17 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Very true but I think that applies to every NFL quarterback. That is how certain teams were successful vs Peyton.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:40 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's great. So is Russ. There are other great QBs in this league.

What we're talking about with Mahomes, though, is that extra flash to his arm talent. Aaron can throw off his back foot and across his body and make plays as well, yes, but he doesn't quite do it with the same zip, and not to the high level of proficiency that Mahomes has.

I love Mahomes but I think the arm talent between him and Rodgers is probably just about the same. If there’s a difference I don’t think it’s one that’s really noticeable.
[Reply]
Page 1919 of 2683
« First < 919141918191869190919151916191719181919 19201921192219231929196920192419 > Last »
Up