ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1913 of 2678
« First < 913141318131863190319091910191119121913 19141915191619171923196320132413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:48 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Pretty good analysis by Simms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHh...nnel=NBCSports
Didn't the Jags play the Seattle scheme? And yet Pat diced them up twice. We also put 30 points on the Chargers at home last season which he never mentioned. The scheme may be a challenge for our offense but the fact is we continue to win against it despite a few struggles early.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:50 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The notion that the Ravens have a soft schedule is a total myth imo.

Chiefs
Eagles
Steelers twice
Cowboys
Titans
Pats
Colts
Browns on the road

Plus trap games against that Washington d-line, two games against Burrow and a Minshew inspired Jags...anyone who calls that schedule "very soft" clearly doesn't have a clue about how dangerous many of those teams are imo.
You really think the Eagles, Colts, Cowboys, Browns & Titans are difficult games?

I'll give you the Chiefs, Steelers, Pats but the rest? Nah
[Reply]
DRM08 07:55 AM 09-22-2020
The notion that the Ravens have a soft schedule is a total myth imo.

Chiefs
Eagles
Steelers twice
Cowboys
Titans
Pats
Colts
Browns on the road

Plus trap games against that Washington d-line, two games against Burrow and a Minshew inspired Jags...anyone who calls that schedule "very soft" clearly doesn't have a clue about how dangerous many of those teams are imo.
Baltimore has the weakest schedule in the league when you look at win percentages from last year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:06 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You really think the Eagles, Colts, Cowboys, Browns & Titans are difficult games?

I'll give you the Chiefs, Steelers, Pats but the rest? Nah
Lol so the team who kicked their ass in their own building in the playoffs isn't tough? And say what you like about the boys and colts, but those are two decent rosters with playmakers on both sides of the ball. So again...their schedule is not "soft" at aĺl.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:08 AM 09-22-2020
Baltimore has the weakest schedule in the league when you look at win percentages from last year.
But we're not talking about "last year"...we're talking about THIS year..and anyone thinking logically would know that that schedule is far from soft.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:25 AM 09-22-2020
Didn't the Jags play the Seattle scheme? And yet Pat diced them up twice. We also put 30 points on the Chargers at home last season which he never mentioned. The scheme may be a challenge for our offense but the fact is we continue to win against it despite a few struggles early.
Half the league runs the Seattle scheme, it isn't so much that scheme it's that the 49ers and Chargers have a ton of money and high picks invested in the DL which is the one thing that gives the offense problems.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Half the league runs the Seattle scheme, it isn't so much that scheme it's that the 49ers and Chargers have a ton of money and high picks invested in the DL which is the one thing that gives the offense problems.
Yep. The key is to get pressure with 4 and play coverage on the back end. If you don't have the horses up front, the effectiveness can fall way off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. The key is to get pressure with 4 and play coverage on the back end. If you don't have the horses up front, the effectiveness can fall way off.
I cannot overstate how badly losing Derwin James crippled those guys.

Do the Chiefs put 10 on the board if he's there yesterday? They damn sure don't hit that bomb to Hill and there's an even chance that the blown coverage on Kelce on the corner TD doesn't happen either (though that ball placement was so good it may have been uncoverable either way).

Derwin James just does so much for them. He's peak Berry and maybe better.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:33 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Do the Chiefs put 10 on the board if he's there yesterday? They damn sure don't hit that bomb to Hill and there's an even chance that the blown coverage on Kelce on the corner TD doesn't happen either (though that ball placement was so good it may have been uncoverable either way).

...with a healthy Derwin James there’s a good chance a few of our members are in meltdown mode.

I think the touchdown to Reek could have still happened, but James likely blankets Kelce the entire game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:37 AM 09-22-2020
Here’s a few teams that look worse than last year so far:

Patriots
Jets
Texans
Broncos
Eagles
Vikings
Saints
49ers

Here’s a few teams that look better:

Steelers
Raiders
Chargers
Buccaneers
Cardinals

Point being, last years win percentage is very misleading. Remember when the 2018 Chiefs stomped the Jags? The Jags were in the AFCCG in the previous season. They finished 2018 5-11.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:38 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Shouldn’t you also consider that our defense would’ve been better with Saunders, Pennel, Breeland, Ward...?
[Reply]
Best22 11:48 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
...with a healthy Derwin James there’s a good chance a few of our members are in meltdown mode.

I think the touchdown to Reek could have still happened, but James likely blankets Kelce the entire game.
On the other hand, if we had Ward, Breeland, Clark, and Pennel, would the game have even gone to OT?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:40 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
On the other hand, if we had Ward, Breeland, Clark, and Pennel, would the game have even gone to OT?
That would have been a fun matchup. Guessing we may have seen the first Chiefs win in the teens in the Mahomes era (like, 17-14 or something close to that).
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:02 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yea I’d say us missing our two best corners cancels out the Chargers missing James

I mean we have a second year 6th round pick And the rookie fourth round pick out there playing every snap basically
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:45 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Yea I’d say us missing our two best corners cancels out the Chargers missing James

I mean we have a second year 6th round pick And the rookie fourth round pick out there playing every snap basically
This.

I'm not feeling a bit sorry for the Chargers in that game.

We have our own injury (and suspension) issues.

James IS very important for them, but I don't know that I'm trading out him for Breeland, Ward, Pennell, Saunders and Okafor. Give us those 5 back and the Chargers James and I don't think that game goes to OT. I don't think Herbert and the Chargers score PERIOD on that defense. Certainly not more than 10 points. Their offense is putrid and they had a rookie QB thrown into the mix last minute (supposedly), but if we have those 5 out there as well, then I believe it's a long ass day for the rook. Especially throwing the ball.
[Reply]
Page 1913 of 2678
« First < 913141318131863190319091910191119121913 19141915191619171923196320132413 > Last »
Up