ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1912 of 2686
« First < 912141218121862190219081909191019111912 19131914191519161922196220122412 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If the Chiefs defense is as shaky as it appears so far, he will need those type of 4+ TD games to have a shot at winning against Baltimore, New England, and Buffalo.
This is like deja vu. You did the same shit doubting the defense all season last year.

When will you learn?

This defense has been without their 2 starting corners for the majority of the first 2 games. They have a safety coming back from an ACL injury that is clearly rusty. They have an uber athletic rookie LB that they’re slowly working in. They get a run stuffer that brings a certain attitude to the defense back this week. There are multiple rookies playing a role (and playing well). Relax.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:41 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is like deja vu. You did the same shit doubting the defense all season last year.

When will you learn?
So you think they look great giving up 9-10 minute drives to the other team? They got their act together in the 2nd half of last season. Problem this year is some of their toughest games are pretty early in the schedule, and there is only 1 bye team in the playoffs. Basically no room for error if you want to get the playoff bye.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:42 PM 09-21-2020
So you think they look great giving up 9-10 minute drives to the other team? They got their act together in the 2nd half of last season. Problem this year is some of their toughest games are pretty early in the schedule.
I added a lot to my post.

They’ve given up 20 pts in both games and they clearly are still gelling. There was no preseason. Relax.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:44 PM 09-21-2020
Chiefs haters. Stephen A is a dick. "I have seen special before!"

Mahomes set record with 6 straight comebacks- no Stephen, you have not seen that.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:49 PM 09-21-2020
I added a lot to my post.

They’ve given up 20 pts in both games and they clearly are still gelling. There was no preseason. Relax.
Do you think the playoff bye is important? I do. There are all kinds of stats that show how important it is. I think the team has very little margin for error if they want to get that playoff bye week, especially when the Ravens have a very soft schedule.

I will happily eat a ton of crow if the defense suddenly does a really good job against Baltimore, New England, and Buffalo. They'll deserve a ton of credit if they are able to significantly slow down those teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:51 PM 09-21-2020
Do you think the playoff bye is important? I do. There are all kinds of stats that show how important it is. I think the team has very little margin for error if they want to get that playoff bye week, especially when the Ravens have a very soft schedule.

I will happily eat a ton of crow if the defense suddenly does a really good job against Baltimore, New England, and Buffalo. They'll deserve a ton of credit if they are able to significantly slow down those teams.
This defense is still better than the one that we had in the Ravens game last year and we get Pennel back who we also didn’t have last year.

The Pats offense isn’t the least bit scary considering how one dimensional they are, and we don’t play the Bills till week 6.

We’ll be fine.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:56 PM 09-21-2020
This defense is still better than the one that we had in the Ravens game last year and we get Pennel back who we also didn’t have last year.

The Pats offense isn’t the least bit scary considering how one dimensional they are, and we don’t play the Bills till week 6.

We’ll be fine.
Pennel is a difference maker for sure. The one they don't have this time around to help out is Suggs. Both of those guys had an underrated, major impact on the KC defense in 2nd half of last season. Sure hope Pennel is able to have the same type of impact as last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 PM 09-21-2020
Pennel is a difference maker for sure. The one they don't have this time around to help out is Suggs. Both of those guys had an underrated, major impact on the KC defense in 2nd half of last season. Sure hope Pennel is able to have the same type of impact as last year.
Yea but they didn’t have Suggs against the Ravens.

That veteran presence is invaluable, but Danna is probably more productive at this point if we’re being honest. Getting Okafor back would be a nice little boost to our pass rush.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:29 PM 09-21-2020
So you think they look great giving up 9-10 minute drives to the other team? They got their act together in the 2nd half of last season. Problem this year is some of their toughest games are pretty early in the schedule, and there is only 1 bye team in the playoffs. Basically no room for error if you want to get the playoff bye.
Well, let’s call it as we saw it. Pat under threw a few. Receivers dropped a couple more. The chargers have a great defense. It is week two. Without a preseason. They looked like last year during week 1. This is the ebb and flow of a season.

Relax. We good.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:32 PM 09-21-2020
Suggs joined late. From injuries. I love him. But he was not the savior on D. We had two or three injuries for DE he helped in spite of those injuries. But the DEs are back.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 PM 09-21-2020
Pretty good analysis by Simms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHh...nnel=NBCSports
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:50 AM 09-22-2020
Pretty good analysis by Simms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHh...nnel=NBCSports
That was a good watch. Thanks for posting
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:03 AM 09-22-2020
Yea but they didn’t have Suggs against the Ravens.

That veteran presence is invaluable, but Danna is probably more productive at this point if we’re being honest. Getting Okafor back would be a nice little boost to our pass rush.
They didn't have Suggs or Pennel. They had Clark nursing injuries.

The key to defensing the Ravens is for the defensive ends to set the edge and stay there. Yeah, you're going to give up a few yards up the middle but you can then contain the electric plays from Lamar.

That's exactly what the Chiefs did last year, despite the defense being worse than it is right now. The only reason the game was close at the end was because the secondary allowed a couple of prayers, one which was actually a DPI.

They'll be fine.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:57 AM 09-22-2020

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:42 AM 09-22-2020

The notion that the Ravens have a soft schedule is a total myth imo.

Chiefs
Eagles
Steelers twice
Cowboys
Titans
Pats
Colts
Browns on the road

Plus trap games against that Washington d-line, two games against Burrow and a Minshew inspired Jags...anyone who calls that schedule "very soft" clearly doesn't have a clue about how dangerous many of those teams are imo.
[Reply]
Page 1912 of 2686
« First < 912141218121862190219081909191019111912 19131914191519161922196220122412 > Last »
Up