ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1907 of 2678
« First < 907140718071857189719031904190519061907 19081909191019111917195720072407 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 02:18 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still wouldn't be the same. He'd vivisect them just as badly, but it would look so easy.

The 2018 Patrick who played with his hair on fire ain't coming back. It's not necessary for him.

Maybe in 2025 if his line has fallen to shit, Kelce has retired, Hill has aged and he's having to carry the team like Rodgers in that 2011-2016 range.
Hill is still gonna be a major problem for the league in 5 years if he stays healthy. DeSean Jackson is pretty old and still one of the fastest receivers in the league.

I know you guys don't like the game manager stuff, but I love it. I want Mahomes to play into his mid 40's like Brady. The dink & dunk crap will help him get there. Get the ball out quickly and avoid a ton of hits from the pass rush.

Plus I think we saw in the playoffs that Patrick will elevate his approach to the game on the biggest stage. His legs became a huge factor in all 3 of those games. A secret weapon for the team.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:26 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I gotta admit, I kind of miss the 2018 Patrick.

Never had more fun watching sports.

Maybe we could spot other teams 14.
I definitely hear that. So happy he got the MVP over Brees for that reason (because business Pat probably won’t hit 5,000 yards and 50 TD’s for a bit) We’ll still see that Pat - but more often than not it’ll be in January. I remember we all were kind of wondering if 2018 Patrick was gone after he returned from injury last year.

... and then 0-24 happened and we got 2018 Patrick + a Mahomes willing to use his legs to dazzling effect. We got 51-7, the Run, WASP and him going like, 5/5 for 65 yards and a TD down 3 against the best passing defense in the last decade.

We’ll still see him, and when we do, it’ll wreck the sports world just like he did in January - but most Sundays he’s going to look so business oriented he may as well be on the cover of a Fortune 500 mag.

And of course, we will eventually need to move to a new cycle. Once Kelce, Hill, Watkins and the vets on the D move forward, we may see Patrick ignite the sports world again every Sunday.

God this is such a great time to be a fan. I can not believe Pat is on our team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We’ll still see that Patrick - but more often than not it’ll be in January. I remember we all were kind of wondering if 2018 Patrick was gone after he returned from injury last year.

... and then 0-24 happened and we got 2018 Patrick + a Mahomes willing to use his legs to dazzling effect. We got 51-7, the Run, WASP and him going like, 5/5 for 65 yards and a TD down 3 against the best passing defense in the last decade.

We’ll still see him, and when we do, it’ll wreck the sports world just like he did in January - but most Sundays he’s going to look so business oriented he may as well be on the cover of a Fortune 500 mag.

And of course, we will eventually need to move to a new cycle. Once Kelce, Hill, Watkins and the vets on the D move forward, we may see Patrick ignite the sports world again every Sunday.

God this is such a great time to be a fan. I can not believe Pat is on our team.
WASP wasn't 2018 Patrick.

That was a called shot. He asked for the play and knew full well at the snap he needed that insane drop-back to get the ball out.

I didn't realize how much he'd grown until that Mahomes Monday thing that NFL Network did last spring where they showed something like 8 Mahomes games in a row. Watching the kid that was running around guys in '18 vs. the guy that was just calmly dissecting them in '19 was night and day.

He's just so calm and so in control. He was making it up on the fly in '18 and he's a prodigy so it worked. In '19, OTOH, cat knew exactly what he was doing at all times.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:45 PM 09-17-2020
WASP wasn't 2018 Patrick.

That was a called shot. He asked for the play and knew full well at the snap he needed that insane drop-back to get the ball out.

I didn't realize how much he'd grown until that Mahomes Monday thing that NFL Network did last spring where they showed something like 8 Mahomes games in a row. Watching the kid that was running around guys in '18 vs. the guy that was just calmly dissecting them in '19 was night and day.

He's just so calm and so in control. He was making it up on the fly in '18 and he's a prodigy so it worked. In '19, OTOH, cat knew exactly what he was doing at all times.
Fair point. Lemme offer an addendum. I think 2018 Patrick has a type of jaw-dropping magic associated with him when I think of his performances. I felt like that little kid on the tricycle from The Incredibles who saw Mr. Incredible’s superpowers - every week Pat would bring something new and amazing to the table. Not only that, he was never deterred by the moment. When facing an unexpected challenge against Lamar Jackson, we got the no-look pass and the 48 yard improvisational heave to Hill. Against the Rams (even in defeat) he responded to multiple two score deficits with on the fly creativity and constantly elevated his game to match the blows our defense was taking. It was such a change of pace from Alex. Who, if up 20 in the 4th or down by 10, seemed to operate with the exact same approach, urgency, and caution. In contrast, if someone cranked it to a 10 against Pat, he was going to take it to an 11 every time.

Against the Patriots, we finally saw the offense shut down in the 1st half by Bill reinventing his defensive scheme and rolling it out against Pat and Andy. And yet it didn’t matter, Pat still scorched the Hall of Fame coach who shut down K-Gun in the 90’s for 31 points in a half.

WASP was Patrick bringing that type of magic back to the field at the most pivotal moment of the game. However, I completely agree with you. We saw Patrick take some of the skills we saw in 2019 and diagnose a weakness in the 9ers defense and then use his physical ability to launch a 57 yard ball without the need for him to step into the throw. How do you even scheme against someone who has this type of physical ability and mental aptitude to diagnose weaknesses even against a defense that had been putting hits on him all night and playing him as good as possible? That matchup and outcome still amaze me.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:56 PM 09-17-2020
He's just the total package. There is nobody like him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:28 PM 09-17-2020

Join @15andMahomies and @PatrickMahomes tonight at 7:30 for BIRTHDAY WITH THE MAHOMIES! By making a donation of $15 or more, you will be supporting 15 charities! pic.twitter.com/QqYydckxhK

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) September 17, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:47 PM 09-17-2020
"business Pat"

:-)

That might stick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:49 PM 09-17-2020
He was making it up on the fly in '18 and he's a prodigy so it worked.
But man, that Denver game was fun.

The NFL record for passing yards outside the pocket, was it? :-)

Elway looked like he'd just seen his own ghost.

The funny thing is we all saw "Business Pat" in his second start at Pittsburgh. Almost everything that day was from the pocket.

I think his first read was open on almost every play that day, though - I think that's what he told me last year. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 09-17-2020
"business Pat"

:-)

That might stick.
He's more "Assassin Pat"

He's essentially Leon from The Professional. Or really Jean Reno in any movie his was in in the '90s.

He's just there to calmly and smoothly murder some people. Oh sure, if things get hairy he can beat you to death with your own shoe, but it's probably not gonna happen often.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:05 PM 09-17-2020
But man, that Denver game was fun.

The NFL record for passing yards outside the pocket, was it? :-)

Elway looked like he'd just seen his own ghost.

The funny thing is we all saw "Business Pat" in his second start at Pittsburgh. Almost everything that day was from the pocket.

I think his first read was open on almost every play that day, though - I think that's what he told me last year. :-)
My favorite play of that Steelers game was the rocket he fired over the middle to Kelce. You could see the velocity on that ball as it slammed into Kelce's chest. Patrick chooses to throw the ball with a softer touch the vast majority of the time, which is good because it helps the receivers catch it. But that play was just spectacular velocity.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:10 PM 09-17-2020
Actually gonna disagree - he was taking the checkdown far too often Thursday night, as the tweet showed.

I saw him dump it in the left flat four times - quite uncommon for him.

I think a part of that was having a huge lead and him just thinking "better safe than sorry," which I get, especially with no preseason.

I think that's Business Pat, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:11 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
My favorite play of that Steelers game was the rocket he fired over the middle to Kelce. You could see the velocity on that ball as it slammed into Kelce's chest. Patrick chooses to throw the ball with a softer touch the vast majority of the time, which is good because it helps the receivers catch it. But that play was just spectacular velocity.
Yes. I'll never forget that game, because it made me quit my job at the postal service. :-)

Win-Win.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:28 PM 09-17-2020

This is hilarious!!! https://t.co/FZPsgZrhdr

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) September 17, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:34 PM 09-17-2020
He's more "Assassin Pat"

He's essentially Leon from The Professional. Or really Jean Reno in any movie his was in in the '90s.

He's just there to calmly and smoothly murder some people. Oh sure, if things get hairy he can beat you to death with your own shoe, but it's probably not gonna happen often.
Love it. I was totally thinking Mike Ehrmantraut/Gustavo Fring when I typed that.

“Nothing personal, just business”.

Compared to the Texans, where he pretty much entered the avatar state and obliterated his opponents existence.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
His TD to Hill up the seam in the titans playoff game was as much ass as I’ve seen him put into a throw.

That ball was a fucking missile.
[Reply]
Page 1907 of 2678
« First < 907140718071857189719031904190519061907 19081909191019111917195720072407 > Last »
Up