ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 2678
« First < 85898104105106107108 1091101111121181582086081108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...-no-sure-thing

Mahomes will be given chance in preseason to win #2 spot.
2 years. :-)

Originally Posted by :
For his part, Mahomes said he didn’t think the transition to the Chiefs’ offense would be as difficult as others believe. Mahomes said that at Texas Tech, he called protections and routes and had the OK to change plays no matter the down, distance or game situation.

“I feel like a lot of [spread] quarterbacks haven’t had that before, so that’s definitely going to help the transition a little bit," Mahomes said. “The coaches that the Kansas City Chiefs have, with coach Reid and [quarterbacks coach Matt] Nagy and those guys, they’ll help me a lot and they’ll really push me to be the best quarterback that I can possibly be. That’s the biggest thing that’s going to help.”

[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 AM 05-04-2017
4 years from now, Pat Mahomes will be the best quarterback in the whole league.
Nah...but there is going to be a pretty big void in QB star power for the NFL soon. Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning, etc. All gone very soon. Rodgers not too far behind them either in that regard. This does present an opportunity for younger QB's to step up to the plate and fill the void. We have to see how it goes with Pat. He has potential to be a legit star at some point down the road.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:46 AM 05-04-2017
Feels like many in the national media are tripping over their dicks to shit on the Mahomes pick while praising Watson. Dafuq.

Yesterday on San Diego sports talk radio they had a guy on claiming that the Chiefs fucked up because now they've created a "locker room distraction" for Alex Smith and a playoff team, while praising the Texans for taking Watson because he's going to a franchise that has all the pieces in place for him.

WTF?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:48 AM 05-04-2017
McNabb was a probowler in years 2-6 of his career under Reid.

Favre was a probowler 6/7 years from his second year on...3 of those years he was all pro and league MVP.

I think Alex will either be traded, retire or take a paycut to stay in KC as a backup in 2018.

I just don't think they will cut him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:49 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Feels like many in the national media are tripping over their dicks to shit on the Mahomes pick while praising Watson. Dafuq.

Yesterday on San Diego sports talk radio they had a guy on claiming that the Chiefs fucked up because now they've created a "locker room distraction" for Alex Smith and a playoff team, while praising the Texans for taking Watson because he's going to a franchise that has all the pieces in place for him.

WTF?
Oh just wait. Watson will probably win the job, because Tom Savage is garbage, and he'll end up "leading" the Texans to the playoffs (10-6). Everyone will be shitting on the Chiefs for not taking Watson but they'll fail to realize that Watson's ceiling is just that....10-6 with a damn good defense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:52 AM 05-04-2017
McNabb was a probowler in years 2-6 of his career under Reid.

Favre was a probowler 6/7 years from his second year on...3 of those years he was all pro and league MVP.

I think Alex will either be traded, retire or take a paycut to stay in KC as a backup in 2018.

I just don't think they will cut him.
I know a lot of people disagree, but i think Smith has trade value. His contract isn't over the top and he's proven to be reliable and not turn over prone.

He's the perfect stop gap QB and there's always 3-4 teams every year looking for one of those.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 05-04-2017
I know a lot of people disagree, but i think Smith has trade value. His contract isn't over the top and he's proven to be reliable and not turn over prone.

He's the perfect stop gap QB and there's always 3-4 teams every year looking for one of those.
He won't have trade value if he lights it up for 15 TDs and 8 INTs again.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:58 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I desperately want it to be 2018
And it probably will be 2018. It should be if he is who he's projected to be. I know that's what we want as fans, but the Chiefs are in an excellent position here. They can afford to wait 2 years if necessary. Rodgers waited, what, 3?

I know we had to wait awhile (understatement of the year) to get our franchise QB, but the Chiefs did it right.

They have a suitable starter in place for up to 2 years, a damn near finished roster ready to go, a coach with a history of getting the most out of his QB's AND they're still a playoff contending team.

You could't ask for a more ideal situation for drafting a franchise QB.

If Mahomes doesn't develop here, then he was never going to develop anywhere.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 AM 05-04-2017

It would be awesome if Bortles tanks and the Jags decide to take a 1st rd QB, sit him early and trade with us for Alex.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:59 AM 05-04-2017

Sure would be amazing to see him ball out and for someone to move a 1 or 2 for him.

Send the guy to a team like Cleveland (who will have a lot of picks and uses analitics) that might give us a conditional pick in 2019 for him.

Second that goes to a first if they make the playoffs.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:02 AM 05-04-2017
4 years from now, Pat Mahomes will be the best quarterback in the whole league.
FUCK YES
[Reply]
carcosa 11:03 AM 05-04-2017
And it probably will be 2018. It should be if he is who he's projected to be. I know that's what we want as fans, but the Chiefs are in an excellent position here. They can afford to wait 2 years if necessary. Rodgers waited, what, 3?

I know we had to wait awhile (understatement of the year) to get our franchise QB, but the Chiefs did it right.

They have a suitable starter in place for up to 2 years, a damn near finished roster ready to go, a coach with a history of getting the most out of his QB's AND they're still a playoff contending team.

You could't ask for a more ideal situation for drafting a franchise QB.

If Mahomes doesn't develop here, then he was never going to develop anywhere.
I meant that I want it to be 2018 right now but yes
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:06 AM 05-04-2017
Even Jeff Chadiha said that Watson was going to the best situation because he'll have the best players around him.

If Houston has better players than the Chiefs how did we manage to steamroll their asses in the playoffs?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Even Jeff Chadiha said that Watson was going to the best situation because he'll have the best players around him.

If Houston has better players than the Chiefs how did we manage to steamroll their asses in the playoffs?
Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe said the same thing

:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

I heard on the radio yesterday that the Chiefs have the 3rd most talented roster in the AFCW...

:-)
[Reply]
Page 108 of 2678
« First < 85898104105106107108 1091101111121181582086081108 > Last »
Up