ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:21 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
You seldom get a better example of someone who is their own worst enemy like Jerry’s ownership of the Cowboys.
Imagine if Jerry hired a GM and they go on to win a SB soon after.... Jerry would rather die than let that happen.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:18 AM 07-18-2020
Jones is a terrible owner.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:15 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Imagine if Jerry hired a GM and they go on to win a SB soon after.... Jerry would rather die than let that happen.
My Mom grew up a Washington fan, my Dad a Cowboys fan. Jerry Jones killed my Dad’s fandom outright. My Dad feels the same way you do, and feels Jones’ forcing Johnson out is proof that a competent coach will never be given the room to succeed under Jerry (he believes Switzer’s SB won was won largely from Johnson’s coattails). Said Jones would rather lose as a result of his own decisions than win by giving up control. For my Mom, I’m hoping beyond hope that Dan Snyder will finally be out the door for my Mom. She’s basically had to endure 20 years of Pioli like incompetence and it makes me so sad to see (she’s the person who got me into football).
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:30 PM 07-18-2020
My stepdad is similar. Except he went to HS with Jimmy Johnson, so he was ok for that era. But as soon as Switzer took over he lost his fandom.
[Reply]
eDave 02:41 PM 07-18-2020
Watching the Texans comeback again and just get awed every time I see Jones play at Q3. 9:12. Earned his money on that play IMO.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:56 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Watching the Texans comeback again and just get awed every time I see Jones play at Q3. 9:12. Earned his money on that play IMO.
Wat
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:20 PM 07-18-2020
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[Reply]
eDave 03:21 PM 07-18-2020
Did I fuck up my clock? lol
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:22 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I worry about Jerruh or someone offering him some ludicrous number that Clark can't match.
Tell me. Were you also one of those tweaky weirdo Chiefs fans who thought the Cowboys would somehow take Mahomes away from us in spite of everything that was said and done by the Chiefs and by Pat himself?

If you legitimately worry about this kind of thing in spite of the transformation the team has taken under Clark Hunt's ownership, you need to get some help, man.
[Reply]
eDave 03:26 PM 07-18-2020
Did I fuck up my clock? lol
hahaha. I see what I did. Pay Clark! (@9:20).

Knock knock.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:49 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So the cap number his first 2 years is 16 mil. and 21 mil. That's the 37 mil. right there. So his first two full years of salary were guaranteed at signing immediately.

His 3rd year cap # in 2022 is 23 million. That is also guaranteed if he were to sustain an injury and the Chiefs wanted to cut him prior to 2022. He still gets his money. Also, his 2022 salary is guaranteed if he is on the roster in 2021. That's the guarantee mechanism.

The fourth year cap hit is $20 mil. That's basically the only year that's not guaranteed. So the Chiefs could cut him prior to 2023 season with no cap implications.

So it's really a guaranteed 3 year deal.
Just quoting this in case people missed it. 2022 has no dead (guaranteed) money now but it will if hes still on the roster for 2021.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:18 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Tell me. Were you also one of those tweaky weirdo Chiefs fans who thought the Cowboys would somehow take Mahomes away from us in spite of everything that was said and done by the Chiefs and by Pat himself?

If you legitimately worry about this kind of thing in spite of the transformation the team has taken under Clark Hunt's ownership, you need to get some help, man.
No I was not worried about losing Mahomes.

I am not that worried about it, but we're talking hypotheticals here. Veech is a superstar now. The hope is he loves it in KC and doesn't care about making the absolute max he can make. The Cubs lured Epstein away from the Red Sox.

Maybe NFL owners have some kind of gentlemen's agreement not to poach GMs like that. I can't think of it happening too often.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 07-20-2020

Chirs Jones told me Patrick Mahomes texted him right after his deal was done and said "I left some on the table” and wanted him to get his deal done.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) July 20, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We’re beyond blessed.

Pat is like somebody out of a fucking movie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We’re beyond blessed.

Pat is like somebody out of a fucking movie.
There's like, one last potential stumbling block with this kid (well, notwithstanding my constant concussion fears).

It's the Rodgers disease. I mean what a churlish prick that guy turned into. But the seeds were there at the beginning with the shit with his family, etc... And he seemed to always have a chip on his shoulder regarding his own organization.

I mean it's easy to forget now how universally beloved Rodgers was in his 'superstar infancy' before he turned into the diva he is now.

But I think it's unlikely with Mahomes given some of the noted differences we've already seen. His teammates are tighter with him than they ever were with Rodgers (who always seemed a little aloof even before he went full-on prick). His personality seems a little more fully formed as well, so there's less likely to be a 'reversion' of sorts.

But man, did we strike the fucking lottery with this kid or what? Just unreal.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up