ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3030 of 3903
« First < 2030253029302980302030263027302830293030 30313032303330343040308031303530 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 09:11 AM 10-16-2020
People are fighting back against restrictive measures not only in the US, but in many areas of Europe as well.
[Reply]
loochy 09:17 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You asked what people are expected to do during flu season .
Your sentence didn't make sense.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:22 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
People are fighting back against restrictive measures not only in the US, but in many areas of Europe as well.
We are going on 7 months. People want their lives back. Most at this point aren't following restrictions or guidelines that I've seen.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:31 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Some people are. Again though I think more people are wearing masks now than ever. That being said there may be a realization of several factors one of which is masks are not as good as we are being told or hoped.

On one hand you see the CDC study showing how effective masks are...

On the other hand you see the CDC report that 85% of people who have had Covid wore masks most or all of the time....

There are political implications...

There is a constant effort here in Kansas to intentionally use data in misleading ways to stoke fear....

And then there is the obvious data that people can see for themselves.

For example the Governor of Kansas has railed against bars and restaurants but the fact is even though there have been 16 clusters and 278 cases of Covid only 4 resulted in hospitalizations and 0 deaths.

So there are various reasons from political to complacency and everything in between.

But I still see more people wearing masks more than ever.
[Reply]
Donger 10:25 AM 10-16-2020
A CDC study released in September, did not say that 85% of people who wear masks get infected with the coronavirus. In fact, it did not even attempt to figure out what percentage of people who wear a mask get infected with the coronavirus.

Rather, the study looked at the behavior of 154 symptomatic people who had tested positive for the coronavirus in July around the country and 160 people who reported symptoms but tested negative in July.

The study found that, of those 154 people, 85% said they had worn a mask either "always" or "often" over the 14 days prior to the onset of their illness. That's where the 85% figure comes from.

Of the 160 people in the study who had tested negative, however, 88.7% said they had worn a mask either "always" or "often." So there's really no difference between people who wore masks and those who didn't.

The suggestion is that the CDC found that 85% of all people who wear masks get the coronavirus. But the CDC was just looking at the behavior of these 314 symptomatic people who sought out testing at 11 particular sites around the country in July.

Here's how one of the co-authors, Christopher Lindsell, co-Director of the Health Data Science Center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, described the study's data on masks.

"The data suggest that among a group of patients who are already showing symptoms that prompted them to get testing for the virus, there was no statistical evidence of a difference in mask wearing behavior between those who tested positive and those who tested negative," Lindsell said in an email. "This is very different from the question of whether wearing masks prevents you becoming infected with the virus, and it is also different to the question of how many or what percentage of people who wear masks contract the virus. The study was not designed to answer these questions."
[Reply]
Donger 10:29 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
We are going on 7 months. People want their lives back. Most at this point aren't following restrictions or guidelines that I've seen.
I wonder if there's a correlation to that and the spike in cases we're experiencing. Again.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:38 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder if there's a correlation to that and the spike in cases we're experiencing. Again.
At this point I don't think many care.. at least where I live anyways.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:43 AM 10-16-2020
Pzifer says they won't apply for EUA until late November.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topi..._albert_bourla
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:44 AM 10-16-2020
On Thursday, about 20 residents gathered outside Fairacres Manor, many in wheelchairs, holding signs that read “Rather die from COVID than loneliness,” and “Prisoners in our own home,” and “Give us freedom.”
[Reply]
Fish 11:15 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
On Thursday, about 20 residents gathered outside Fairacres Manor, many in wheelchairs, holding signs that read “Rather die from COVID than loneliness,” and “Prisoners in our own home,” and “Give us freedom.”
They're wheelchair bound and living in a full time assisted care facility. What freedom are they demanding?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:36 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Your sentence didn't make sense.
He asked a stupid question , what do you expect.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:45 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
He asked a stupid question , what do you expect.
Just own what you said and quit blaming others

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kgrund 12:19 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Some people are. Again though I think more people are wearing masks now than ever. That being said there may be a realization of several factors one of which is masks are not as good as we are being told or hoped.

On one hand you see the CDC study showing how effective masks are...

On the other hand you see the CDC report that 85% of people who have had Covid wore masks most or all of the time....

There are political implications...

There is a constant effort here in Kansas to intentionally use data in misleading ways to stoke fear....

And then there is the obvious data that people can see for themselves.

For example the Governor of Kansas has railed against bars and restaurants but the fact is even though there have been 16 clusters and 278 cases of Covid only 4 resulted in hospitalizations and 0 deaths.

So there are various reasons from political to complacency and everything in between.

But I still see more people wearing masks more than ever.
Would love to see the breakdown of 67 new reported deaths between Monday and Wednesday of this week. How far back did Kansas need to go to roll a number like that over a 2 day period.:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:57 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
They're wheelchair bound and living in a full time assisted care facility. What freedom are they demanding?
To see their families moron.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:00 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
To see their families moron.
You mean the freedom to be SELLFISH
[Reply]
Page 3030 of 3903
« First < 2030253029302980302030263027302830293030 30313032303330343040308031303530 > Last »
Up