ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 300
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:58 PM 11-06-2016
Second straight week of meh.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:20 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Second straight week of meh.
I quite enjoyed both last week and this week.

Again, they have to set up new characters, so these slower-paced eps is what helps build payoff down the road.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:29 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I quite enjoyed both last week and this week.

Again, they have to set up new characters, so these slower-paced eps is what helps build payoff down the road.
Enjoyed them as well... character building...can't have non stop mindless zombie action every episode
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:50 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Enjoyed them as well... character building...can't have non stop mindless zombie action every episode
But you don't have to sit on the same thing the entire episode. They could have expanded so much more on the Savior's community rather than have the camera sit and stare at silent Daryl... and then sit and stare at silent Dwight... then back to Daryl... then back to Dwight.... over and over... It was like we were in a damned loop that episode. They could have literally aired it in 8 minutes - we'd have gotten the exact same context\story. Give it some depth. Even if it's not something that you use moving forward. Give it depth. Seems the writers are starting to get into the mold of only putting in what is going to be used in the coming storyline.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:54 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
But you don't have to sit on the same thing the entire episode. They could have expanded so much more on the Savior's community rather than have the camera sit and stare at silent Daryl... and then sit and stare at silent Dwight... then back to Daryl... then back to Dwight.... over and over... It was like we were in a damned loop that episode. They could have literally aired it in 8 minutes, and we'd have gotten the exact same context\story. Give it some depth. Even if it's not something that you use moving forward. Give it depth. Seems the writers are starting to get into the mold of only putting in what is going to be used in the coming storyline.

The repetition was the point of the episode. It was about breaking Daryl, and the day-in, day-out ordeal, juxtaposed with Dwight's experience (which you know was similar), as well as the dude that fled that D caught. Except our hero didn't follow the same path.

Done in 8 minutes, none of that would have meant anything.

You hated S2, didn't you?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:58 AM 11-07-2016
The repetition was the point of the episode. It was about breaking Daryl, and the day-in, day-out ordeal, juxtaposed with Dwight's experience (which you know was similar), as well as the dude that fled that D caught. Except our hero didn't follow the same path.

I get the repetition, just think it was done poorly. As if they were trying to stretch it to the end in an attempt to save content for other episodes (or just laziness).

Nope, S2 was good. The writers brought depth. :-)

The episode last night could have done so much more with it. It just left so much on the table, and lacked too much for a full 43 minutes screentime. I know i'm nitpicking, but that's been one of the great things about this show. They change up the styles of writing from episode to episode so I really shouldn't be complaining too much, I guess. Just thought it could have been done better.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:27 AM 11-07-2016
Didn't enjoy last week but did enjoy this week. I actually feel bad for Dwight.

Crazy how Negan has complete control over him and fucks with him to test his loyalty. Dwight is truly helpless.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 11-07-2016, 09:36 AM
This message has been deleted by AJKCFAN.
Sure-Oz 11:07 AM 11-07-2016
Negan is right tho....sherry is super hot. Her on the talking dead last night. 👍
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:14 AM 11-07-2016

Exactly. I was sooo sick of that damned song by the end of the episode. That's the way we were supposed to feel.

I liked the episode. I think Dwight is going to eventually crack and help Darryl.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:22 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Exactly. I was sooo sick of that damned song by the end of the episode. That's the way we were supposed to feel.

I liked the episode. I think Dwight is going to eventually crack and help Darryl.
Comic spoiler:

Spoiler!

I was kinda surprised at how quickly they gave up some of Dwight's backstory.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:36 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

Yep, I thought last night was excellent and you're spot on about Dwight, he will get sick of being shit on by Negan and turn hero somehow, the writers were broadcasting that loud and clear
[Reply]
Bowser 11:44 AM 11-07-2016
So comic readers - how well is JDM playing Negan as compared to the books?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:45 AM 11-07-2016
Yeah, seems obvious that Dwight will defect at some point down the line.

I'll also go ahead and predict that Shiva sacrifices herself somehow to save Zeke. Would be awesome to see her go down in a blaze of glory with a stomach full of Saviors.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:45 AM 11-07-2016
Comic spoiler:

Spoiler!

I was kinda surprised at how quickly they gave up some of Dwight's backstory.
Dammit, was going to respond that I wasn't going to click the spoiler and when I quoted your post it revealed the spoiler.

:-)
[Reply]
journeyscarab 11:46 AM 11-07-2016
I was hoping Darryl would have worked up some dance moves to that song as a coping mechanism against being broken. Dwight opens the door and Darryls dancing his ass off while flipping Dwight the bird. No? Just me?
[Reply]
Page 179 of 300
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Up