« First < 66116156162163164165166 1671681691701762162666661166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:23 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by :
Broncos defense has a chance to be one of best ever

It’s time to start appreciating that this Denver defense is something a little bit special. Coming into Sunday night’s game I thought the Packers might be able to get the W because Aaron Rodgers would get enough done against the Broncos to top what Peyton Manning could achieve against Green Bay’s defense, but boy was I wrong.

The Broncos defense it turns out is much, much better than I gave it credit for, and I was already giving it credit for being the best in the league by some margin.

Now we need to start thinking of it in all-time great terms.

Think that’s premature? The 2013 Seahawks defense was one of the best the league has ever seen. It was an all-time great defense that absolutely suffocated offenses, leading them to a Super Bowl and ultimately destroying Manning’s Broncos to win the ring.

Manning was at the helm of an all-time great offense that year and managed to score eight points in the Super Bowl against that Seahawks team, failing to get on the board until the game was 36-0.

That Seattle defense in 2013 allowed an average of 4.4 yards per play, and 273.6 yards per game over the regular season. This year’s Denver defense is allowing just 4.1 yards per play and 261.1 yards per game.

Rodgers, the NFL’s best quarterback, threw for 77 yards last night and it took him 14 completions and 19 attempts to get there. He was under pressure in the game — on 14 of his 27 dropbacks — but what really stood out is how completely the Denver defense was able to blanket cover the Packers receivers, leaving Rodgers with absolutely nowhere to go with the ball and a pocket inevitably collapsing around him.

Green Bay has been struck by injuries and is running a skeleton crew on offense when it comes to receiving weapons, but until this game we thought Rodgers would be able to have success with almost anybody in the passing game. That is true, it turns out, until you play a team like Denver that is capable of sticking to your entire receiving corps at once for four or five seconds per play, every play.

Chris Harris Jr, Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby — Denver’s top three corners — combined to surrender just 33 yards all game, on nine targets.

Denver were already four deep at outside linebacker with Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Shaquil Barrett and Shane Ray, but with Ray inactive, Lerentee McCray made some big plays in the run game to go with his sack from two weeks ago. McCray is their fifth guy on the depth chart.

This defense has playmakers at every level. There are pass-rushers and run defenders all over the front, and the secondary can lock down an entire receiving corps rather than one or two players. Top that off with players like linebackers Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan in between those two buttresses and this is a unit that has no weakness. The Denver defense is better than you think it is, even if you think it’s freaking awesome.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-of-best-ever/

Broncos' D pressured Aaron Rodgers on 63 percent of his dropbacks, the highest rate he has been pressured in a game in past seven seasons.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 2, 2015

Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "I haven’t had my ass kicked like that
in a long time.

— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) November 2, 2015

:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:27 AM 11-02-2015
I said it last night and I will say it again I was very impressed with the Donkeys especially their defense. That D is scary good...wow
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Had Denver played as many expected, the word 'fraud' and/or several forms of that word would be littered across the board... however, that's not what happened. Now, it's "well Rivers put up 500 yards" and "he beat up on 2 backup DBs".

None of that seemed to matter much before the game, but it is what it is...

In the past, Denver loses this game with or without a stats crazy offense. The big difference now is this defense, it's legit and it's scary.

Offensively, Denver appears to have fixed a few things and yes, Manning looked rested. Rogers and company had the same rest, but they looked ill.

It's one week... next up, @ Indy and there could be a total 180 in what happens - that's the NFL.
The NFL is boring this year. Just play Manning vs Brady for the 50 millionth time.

I hope the Bengals win since they can relate to us
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:44 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The NFL is boring this year. Just play Manning vs Brady for the 50 millionth time.

I hope the Bengals win since they can relate to us
It's a long season that is barely to the half way point. Lotta football left.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:47 AM 11-02-2015
And the survey says?
donk fans spam chiefs board
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:48 AM 11-02-2015
'Grats to the Royals for kicking some butt last night, now that is a goooood team! I figured its better for me to say this here than on some Royals thread as this thread gets lots of action.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:18 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:

"sonofbum"...very cool.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:36 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by ta900:
You seriously should be euthanized you are just one dumb **** that adds nothing to the gene pool.
Territorial ape...I'm sure you have a stunning resume of life accomplishments. Painting your face, trolling a rival's board and playing Fan Duel doesn't count. Serious question...when you wear a jersey with Manning"s name on the back....do you actually think you are him? Do you wear it to some generic sports bar in hopes a girl is drunk enough to think she's going home with a quarterback...

Donko-tards are being set up....I'll enjoy watching that crap franchise burn again. Please, please, please get your hopes up......
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
donk fans spam chiefs board
Enh, it seems to be contained to this thread at least. There would be 37 threads about the demise of the frauds and Manning had they lost, so in that view... this ain't so bad.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:42 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Territorial ape...I'm sure you have a stunning resume of life accomplishments. Painting your face, trolling a rival's board and playing Fan Duel doesn't count. Serious question...when you wear a jersey with Manning"s name on the back....do you actually think you are him? Do you wear it to some generic sports bar in hopes a girl is drunk enough to think she's going home with a quarterback...

Donko-tards are being set up....I'll enjoy watching that crap franchise burn again. Please, please, please get your hopes up......
Check out BalckCock. He doesn't care about football but posts on a football site. The next thing he gets right will be the first but bless his little heart he sure tries hard...
[Reply]
TimBone 10:42 AM 11-02-2015
Enh, it seems to be contained to this thread at least. There would be 37 threads about the demise of the frauds and Manning had they lost, so in that view... this ain't so bad.
Hahaha....have you checked the front page? I don't think anybody in KC is concerned with the Broncos right now. Win or loss last night.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:43 AM 11-02-2015
Panthers could very well be the last team to lose.

Tonight, they host Indy and then it's ...

Packers
@ Titans
Redskins
@ Cowboys

That would be a very likely 10-0.

@ Saints
Falcons
Giants
@ Falcons
Bucs

Oddly enough, Patriots and Broncos could both be 10-0 when they meet...

Broncos are @ Colts, Chiefs, @ Bears
Patriots are Redskins, @ Giants, Gills

Bengals have Browns, Texans, @ Cardinals and Rams... hell, maybe they are 10-0.

Has there ever been four teams at 10-0? Weird and I doubt it happens, hell the Broncos could lose by 17 this week just because that's life in the NFL.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:44 AM 11-02-2015

According to ESPN on #Broncos defense: is that good. ... An historically great start pic.twitter.com/4EI2KwpUDv

— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) November 2, 2015

[Reply]
listopencil 12:08 PM 11-02-2015
I gave your crap-ass franchise a compliment...maybe you should wear one of those orange footballs on your lapel...celebrating the most corrupt, lying owner in the NFL, Gee..If I fuck over everyone will people wear a pin in my honor too..celebrating my cheating, thieving ass? You should be proud...
Aw, poor baby. I'm sorry that your team's soccer football ownership isn't as good as a guy with Alzheimer's. Maybe next year. You should get some more rest and have a snack. I'll share these with you:

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:35 PM 11-02-2015
I gave your crap-ass franchise a compliment...maybe you should wear one of those orange footballs on your lapel...celebrating the most corrupt, lying owner in the NFL, Gee..If I **** over everyone will people wear a pin in my honor too..celebrating my cheating, thieving ass? You should be proud...
I swear, about a month ago, you posted something about how you weren't all emotionally invested and wound that tightly about sports. I wish I had the time to go find it. Yet, anything you type screams "I'm on the ledge and when I jump, I'm taking some of you bastards with me."
[Reply]
Page 166 of 4819
« First < 66116156162163164165166 1671681691701762162666661166 > Last »
Up