ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3358 of 3903
« First < 2358285832583308334833543355335633573358 33593360336133623368340834583858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Exactly...the same as its always been. Government is slow and inefficient with tons of bureaucracy and red tape. Want it done faster? Let a private company handle it.
CDC data shows that private companies are “handling it” but, they are the slow part here.

The government did its part delivering the vaccine into the hands of private companies to administer.
[Reply]
Donger 05:57 PM 12-28-2020
Exactly...the same as its always been. Government is slow and inefficient with tons of bureaucracy and red tape. Want it done faster? Let a private company handle it.
Political post. Reported.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:59 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Political post. Reported.
For being wrong?
[Reply]
loochy 09:24 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
CDC data shows that private companies are “handling it” but, they are the slow part here.

The government did its part delivering the vaccine into the hands of private companies to administer.
So which company do you have a problem with?

Also, I'm glad you are happy with the way that our government is handling this.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:50 PM 12-28-2020
Basketball and hockey players must compete while wearing face coverings as high school winter sports can begin games as soon as Jan. 14.

On Monday, the Minnesota Department of Health released updated guidelines for winter sports amid the coronavirus pandemic after previously permitting practices to begin Jan. 4.

Athletes will be required to wear face coverings when practices begin Jan. 4. In some cases, athletes in cheerleading, gymnastics, swimming and diving and wrestling will be allowed to temporarily remove their masks while performing certain tasks.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:13 PM 12-28-2020

I heard on the news yesterday that some of those private companies decided to take the Christmas weekend off instead of administering the vaccine.
Have no idea on how true that is or what percentage but it was reported.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:17 PM 12-28-2020
So which company do you have a problem with?

Also, I'm glad you are happy with the way that our government is handling this.
my opinion on how the government has handled the response to Covid should be clear as a bell even to the casual occasional visitor to this thread.

JFC, active US military troops and leadership are handling the logistics and delivery of the vaccine to civilian and state control. Not the government.

But, after they deliver the vaccine, it’s up to state, civilians to distribute within their state or area and put it in our arms.

Just because you don’t see the military in warehouses with pallets of vaccines going out from the cameras, doesn’t mean they are not there managing the physical rollout of the vaccine.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:32 AM 12-29-2020
my opinion on how the government has handled the response to Covid should be clear as a bell even to the casual occasional visitor to this thread.

JFC, active US military troops and leadership are handling the logistics and delivery of the vaccine to civilian and state control. Not the government.

But, after they deliver the vaccine, it’s up to state, civilians to distribute within their state or area and put it in our arms.

Just because you don’t see the military in warehouses with pallets of vaccines going out from the cameras, doesn’t mean they are not there managing the physical rollout of the vaccine.
The State is still a level of government.....
[Reply]
stevieray 07:42 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The State is still a level of government.....
GI= Government Issue.
[Reply]
TLO 08:15 AM 12-29-2020
Just got word that our company is placing an order for the vaccine today through our local health department. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:24 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, how old are you? It's always like this. Shit doesn't get done the way it should because the people in charge are not impacted.

That being said you can't just go out and hire tons of people on a wimb.
Someone who works on super duper top secret IT stuff for the government should easily understand this concept.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:31 AM 12-29-2020
CDC numbers:

Doses delivered: 11,445,171
Doses Administered: 2,127,143

9 million+ doses laying around gathering dust in a medical administrative facility somewhere after taking delivery from the government instead of going into arms.
That is not good but I would like to see a breakdown between the Pfizer vaccine and Moderna. The Pfizer vaccine has a short shelf life in dry ice and only rich hospitals can afford the freezers plus they are super hard to come by right now anyway.

We got our shipment and used it all in 3-4 days since we don't have one of those freezers.

BTW I am at 11 days out from my first dose so I should be around 50% safe :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 12-29-2020
It definitely could go faster, but after reading some things on it, I think they're doing it smart.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:35 AM 12-29-2020
Wife's company will have office people home until June.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:37 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It definitely could go faster, but after reading some things on it, I think they're doing it smart.
I think some of it is because people are nervous and want to wait or just don't want the vaccine period. We only had about 50% acceptance for our employees.
[Reply]
Page 3358 of 3903
« First < 2358285832583308334833543355335633573358 33593360336133623368340834583858 > Last »
Up