5. Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
6. Ross Pierschbacher, C, Alabama
6. Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington
7. Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU
[Reply]
RunKC 09:31 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The guy is 6’4” 220 lbs with a 4.42 40 and 6.77 3 cone

He has #1 WR upside and is great insurance for Tyreek IMO.

I’d prefer a Samuel or Campbell, but they’ll be gone.
The guy looks like a better version of Chris Conley, especially with that 3 cone time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You can disagree all you want, but I think it applies. You're drafting more on the workout numbers and they're both guys that didn't run great routes or could beat press.
Notre Dame didn’t really have a great QB situation
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:45 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Notre Dame didn’t really have a great QB situation
Yes that's definitely well understood, so I'm not saying "fuck taking this guy before late"

There are some significant flaws even with the QB situation considered.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:48 PM 04-21-2019
Pretty good draft. I'd be extremely satisfied with it excluding Trayvon Mullen. Unless the plan is to groom him to play single high he's not even worth drafting IMO. From what I've seen he's the least stickiest of the high end corners - and that's in large part because he can’t flip his hips fast enough.

I think you can find better corners in round 2 so I'd pass on Mullen.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Pretty good draft. I'd be extremely satisfied with it excluding Trayvon Mullen. Unless the plan is to groom him to play single high he's not even worth drafting IMO. From what I've seen he's the least stickiest of the high end corners - and that's in large part because he can’t flip his hips fast enough.

I think you can find better corners in round 2 so I'd pass on Mullen.
I completely disagree about his hips and most scouting reports seems to agree.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:42 PM 04-21-2019
Parris Campbell is actually my favorite WR in this draft, but I also really like Boykin.

We have no shot at Campbell unless we take him in the 1st, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that. Boykin in the late 2nd is still something I would be iffy towards, but in either case, I'd be happy we got a great player.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:29 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Boykin also had 800+ yards and 8 TD’s last season. Way better than any season Conley ever had with worse QB play. Disagree all you want, but it’s a lazy comparison.
That's your argument? :-)

Yeah I'll disagree all dang day.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:38 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's your argument? :-)

Yeah I'll disagree all dang day.
I’m not saying that Boykin doesn’t have his weaknesses. I’m just saying he’s a better prospect than Conley. He was more productive with worse QB play, and doesn’t lack agility, so he’s actually capable of improving his route running significantly. You pretending that’s not the case is funny though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:58 PM 04-21-2019
Love Pierschbacher, but I'm incredibly biased. Great kid from a great family.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:05 PM 04-21-2019
We don't need a ****ing RB! Why do people keep drafting one. And I'm quite sure we'll draft at least 2 DB's. Fuller and Breeland are on 1 year deals.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:39 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We don't need a ****ing RB! Why do people keep drafting one. And I'm quite sure we'll draft at least 2 DB's. Fuller and Breeland are on 1 year deals.
anyone from round 4 on is like a 10% success rate.

Taking depth and competition late is the name of the game.

If you hit on a guy, hey, great.

It's building the roster from the bottom up. Don't worry about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:25 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 09:59 AM 04-22-2019
I'd be okay with those top 3 and I can live with Omenihu in the late 3rd even if I view him as a 5th round guy. After that, I don't care but I kind of like it. Piersbacher probably doesn't fit the mold for Reid centers but he's a good player.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:52 PM 04-24-2019
Updated after Clark trade
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:31 PM 04-24-2019
Pretty ambitious on a good amount of these picks probably
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up