ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith suffering serious complications.
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 12-06-2018
[Bickel] Hearing from several different people over last few days that Alex Smith is having devastating complications from his broken leg surgery battling infection. Supposedly he's had multiple surgeries to try to combat infection. Chances of him playing again in real jeaopardy.

This fucking sucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The infection gets into the blood, you are in real, don't fool around danger to your life. Even if your already in a hospital like Alex, its not a guarantee that you make it. But, I dont see anything, anywhere that he's septic yet.
My wife's grandpa somehow contracted sepsis about 6 months ago (he's 86 so it could have come from anywhere) and he was in ICU for 3 weeks and the hospital proper for 4 more.

You don't mess around with it and I can only assume that's what happened with my distant family member is that he ignored the initial infection associated with the break/repair and let it go too long, until it was too late.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Gram negative bacteremia can kill you in 12 hours.
Yep. Chemical byproducts from bacterial consumption and reproduction are poisonous to the body.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:15 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The infection gets into the blood, you are in real, don't fool around danger to your life. Even if your already in a hospital like Alex, its not a guarantee that you make it. But, I dont see anything, anywhere that he's septic yet.
They can be going in for serial I&D of the wound site without him having systemic sequelae.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:19 PM 12-06-2018
Thoughts and prayers to him, his family and his medical providers. Very sad to hear about his complications.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:24 PM 12-06-2018
I've had a compound femur fracture that damaged my femoral artery. The wound was gnarly for a couple weeks. Felt like it took forever to close up.

Sucks to hear about the complications, I hope he gets well.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:39 PM 12-06-2018
If the Skins don’t kick the tires on Kaep, it’s Exhibit A in his collusion case.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:41 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Stop quoting this drunk quack.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:52 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
If the Skins don’t kick the tires on Kaep, it’s Exhibit A in his collusion case.
Stupid post is stupid.
M
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:54 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Stupid post is stupid.
M
A run-first QB who hasn't played a snap since 2013 is clearly superior.
[Reply]
Otter 12:58 PM 12-06-2018
Two years ago I've never heard of 'sepsis' but the term has popped up more times in the last 2 years than I can recall.

He's in good shape and should beat it. Get well Alex!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:58 PM 12-06-2018
Looking through the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread I noticed every single post had 1 thumbs down. I wonder which loser was doing that? I have a pretty good idea....
[Reply]
ChiefGator 01:03 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Looking through the first 3 or 4 pages of this thread I noticed every single post had 1 thumbs down. I wonder which loser was doing that? I have a pretty good idea....
Dumbasses... jeez.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:11 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Man...hurry up and nuke that guy with every antibiotic in existence!
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely.

Intravenous antibiotics, just fill the bag with every antibiotic you have and pump it in there for 10 days nonstop. Doctors are tentative with infections far too often.
[Reply]
loochy 01:16 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
[Rapoport] More on #Redskins QB Alex Smith: He’s had several procedures, sources say, and @MikeGarafolo adds they are removing tissue to clear the infection. Smith still approaches this with optimism about playing. Note: His hospital room was next to Colt McCoy’s during McCoy’s 1-night stay
Well damn, let's hope it's just fat and skin they are removing. If they are taking hunks of muscle then his career outlook isn't good...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:17 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Skins have already said that Kaep taking over for Alex would be hard because of the playbook.

Kaep taking over for Alex. Yeah, it's never worked before. Oh sure let's roll with Sanchez, that's a step up. Worst franchise in the country.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up