ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 65
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelvin Benjamin is available [and has signed with the Chiefs, but not really, just a dumbass bump]
BandwagonChiefsFan 06:47 PM 12-05-2018
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36043328028672
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:11 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I want to see the Chiefs run 4 wide in the red zone with Harris, Benjamin, Kelce and Conley.

Send them all on verticals.

One of them is gonna have a chance unless the opponent calls Cover 4, and then Mahomes can just dump it to his RB
Good God. And hell, every one of our RBs are good receivers too. I love it.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:15 PM 12-11-2018
I hope he goes off. Not many people are given a second chance, yet alone in a offense like this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:16 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I see Benjamin as a twin to Demetrius Harris. Physical beast that can make a play here and there but will also drop important catches at the worst times.

I hope Im wrong, I would love to have another reliable weapon.
I think they're different guys. Benjamin is a lot more kelce than Harris but KB gets a lot less separation. You have to throw to an open Harris. You don't throw him open. Kelce and Benjamin you can throw up a good ball and they'll find a way to get to it.

I'm also intrigued about Benjamin's hands. Pff claims he didn't drop many passes in Carolina. I think his catch % has a lot more to do with both inaccurate and contested balls than it is pure dropsies. But I might be way too optimistic.
[Reply]
TEX 04:30 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I want to see the Chiefs run 4 wide in the red zone with Harris, Benjamin, Kelce and Conley.

Send them all on verticals.

One of them is gonna have a chance unless the opponent calls Cover 4, and then Mahomes can just dump it to his RB
Shoot, Mahomes can just throw it high, to the back of the end zone in their general direction. One of them will come up with it!
[Reply]
JakeF 04:34 PM 12-11-2018
If he would lose 20 pounds he would be much more likely to break out.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:34 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Shoot, Mahomes can just throw it high, to the back of the end zone in their general direction. One of them will come up with it!
Never, ever, EVER ask Mahomes to throw it high. He will throw the earth off its axis and we will spin out of the milky way headed for disaster.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:50 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I see Benjamin as a twin to Demetrius Harris.
When Stonehands puts up up (nearly) back-to-back 1000/65 seasons...nevermind...It'll never happen.

KC could line up 4 pass catchers that have all had 1000 yard seasons...
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:54 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes makes every receiver look good. You think KB won’t have a one on one down field? Where Mahomes sees him as a monster next to a 5’11 DB? If KB can win those battles, he adds an amazing dimension to our offense that’s so unlike Conley/Robinson who are productive but lesser versions of Watkins. KB could be an insane addition. Or he could be a bust and we lose nothing.

It’s amazing to me that Ragland, Erving, and Benjamin were all mocked to us in their respective drafts (as first round talent), and we’ve ultimately picked them all up for nothing. Those were some excellent misses (thanks, Dorsey) in the draft.
Ryan (RGR football podcast) had Joe Marino (draft scout, huge Bills fan) and he said Benjamin would frustratingly lose battles like that to smurf corners all the time.

Hopefully we can coach him up better than that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:55 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Ryan (RGR football podcast) had Joe Marino (draft scout, huge Bills fan) and he said Benjamin would frustratingly lose battles like that to smurf corners all the time.

Hopefully we can coach him up better than that.
that's a motivation issue not a technique flaw
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:05 PM 12-11-2018
Which is weird since it's his contract year and he's finally more or less healthy.

Also it could be some of both. He apparently doesn't block either and gives up on routes - more motivation. Hopefully we inspire him. Maybe Watkins is mentoring him.
[Reply]
Chiefsguyinri 11:54 AM 12-12-2018
What's everyone's prediction for Benjamin's first game? I'll say 5 catches 62 yards and a score. ��
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefsguyinri:
What's everyone's prediction for Benjamin's first game? I'll say 5 catches 62 yards and a score. ��
3 catches for 25 yards.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:57 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
3 catches for 25 yards.
Id say thats about right, throw in a first down.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:59 AM 12-12-2018
I can see Reid trying to force feed him a bit like he did with Ware/Williams against the Raiders to boost his confidence.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:00 PM 12-12-2018
He'll likely get mostly single coverage so there will be opportunities.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 65
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Up