ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 50
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:13 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Alright I'm ready for the suck guys. Go Royals. Lets go get Bobby Witt Jr.

I like him a ton. Think the O’s are going to take him, though.

Adley Rutschman is the college guy you want to watch. He’s clear 1/2 in this draft with Witt, and as we learned during the Heimlich debacle, KC has a strong relationship with Oregon State baseball.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:17 PM 01-25-2019
JUST
SAY
NO
TO
HIGHLY
DRAFTED
CATCHERS
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:21 PM 01-25-2019
So, we're going to draft a catcher?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:34 PM 01-25-2019
Man...I really think they have a shot at being pretty competitive. I'm not saying it's a play-off team or anything, but I don't think it's a 90 loss club.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:35 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man...I really think they have a shot at being pretty competitive. I'm not saying it's a play-off team or anything, but I don't think it's a 90 loss club.
Their ceiling at its peak is maybe .500 but they should keep us somewhat engaged until training camp starts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:42 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Their ceiling at its peak is maybe .500 but they should keep us somewhat engaged until training camp starts.
I'd say that's about right. It could go higher IF the youngsters that played well in August and September continue their development and a little luck in the bullpen.

but I'm guessing shouting distance of .500
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:47 PM 01-25-2019
Royals will compete again when we luck into having the best bullpen ever
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:26 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Royals will compete again when we luck into having the best bullpen ever

Why are you guys even fucking fans? I mean really. This board is 50% full of whiners that hate every fucking move the Chiefs or Royals make.

I mean really, is your life that fucking miserable that you can't ever look at something in a positive light?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:15 PM 01-25-2019
Still want this down that Dan quisenberry should be in the hall of fame.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:23 PM 01-25-2019
Why are you guys even ****ing fans? I mean really. This board is 50% full of whiners that hate every ****ing move the Chiefs or Royals make.

I mean really, is your life that ****ing miserable that you can't ever look at something in a positive light?
We have 2 or 3 negative Nellies that post in this thread. The rest of us arent so bad.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:44 PM 01-25-2019
Why are you guys even ****ing fans? I mean really. This board is 50% full of whiners that hate every ****ing move the Chiefs or Royals make.

I mean really, is your life that ****ing miserable that you can't ever look at something in a positive light?
It still amazes me to read the Game 5 of the WS thread and see the people calling the team "quitters".
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:47 PM 01-25-2019
Hot rumor: FanFest has a Bubba Starling autographed bat for only $75
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:11 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Hot rumor: FanFest has a Bubba Starling autographed bat for only $75
Bubba Starling bat for 75 cents.

fixed your post
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:26 PM 01-25-2019
It's kind of amazing the buzz for the team a few years ago that missed the playoffs compared to now. Back then it was basically sold out good luck finding a parking spot now I dont know a single person even going.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:00 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's kind of amazing the buzz for the team a few years ago that missed the playoffs compared to now. Back then it was basically sold out good luck finding a parking spot now I dont know a single person even going.
You saw Nebraska's attendance this year, right?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 50
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up