Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 07:06 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've been working 12 hour shifts since the goldschmidt trade, ya jackass.

That doesn't take away from the fact you are annoying af and derail this thread into a Cubs discussion.
I didnt derail anything.

I was talking about the Cardinals when I made my comment. If you actually read more than "Cubs" you could have probably comprehended that.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:10 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I didnt derail anything.

I was talking about the Cardinals when I made my comment. If you actually read more than "Cubs" you could have probably comprehended that.
You're right, I'm the first one to tell you to start a cubs thread because you don't derail anything. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 07:15 PM 12-06-2018
You're right, I'm the first one to tell you to start a cubs thread because you don't derail anything. :-)
About the only time I carry on a Cubs discussion in this thread is when something I say is taken out of context simply because I've related it to the Cubs and I respond to it.

Cry me a river.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12-06-2018, 08:41 PM
This message has been deleted by 'Hamas' Jenkins.
O.city 09:04 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Welp - at least I can now say that I once tackled the Cubs pitching coach...

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06...itching-coach/

Good dude; valedictorian of my class at Park Hill South and captain of...well everything. See, if I'd have been any good, I wouldn't have gotten all those scout-team reps and gotten a few licks in. So kids, if you suck at football, maybe some day you too can tackle someone who ends up being a successful athlete(ish)!
I got ran over by William Moore when I was a freshman 160 lb starting safety on the varsity. Blocked a hansbrough dunk once at camp only for him to get the rebound and dunk on top of me.

Biggest claim to fame probably was getting an interception off chase Patton in intramural flag football. House called him.

We still lost badly
[Reply]
jd1020 09:52 PM 12-06-2018
Only mildly successful athlete I ever played with was Rich McBride who played basketball for Illinois and is now an assistant coach for some college team. We went to the same high school but he was 3 years ahead of me. We played a couple pickup games of basketball in gym. One game he called me out because I was the one player on the other team that he hadn't schooled yet and he was a bit cocky about it and I ended up stealing the ball and taking it the other way for a lay up. Another time we were on the same team and I tossed him an alley-oop. But he was probably like 10 inches taller than me at the time so there were plenty of times when he just swatted my shit away like it was nothing.

Other than that only names around my area that come to mind that have actually made it are Andre Iguodala who also went to my high school, but before my time, and Jayson Werth.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:44 PM 12-06-2018
When i played football in 7th grade i once picked off Xavier Omon (drafted by the bills in 2008) ran balls to the wall toward the endzone only to have him blow me up out of nowhere.

This a practice. I hated playing football
[Reply]
jd1020 01:43 AM 12-07-2018

We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Angel Luis Valbuena and former MLB infielder José Castillo. Our thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones during this time of grief. pic.twitter.com/GxegOtJXuB

— Angels (@Angels) December 7, 2018

Another car crash.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:12 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's just a radio guy giving information from Goold.

As for Goold...he's a sneaky one. I think he knows people and knows a lot of stuff. But he's also paid by the PD and the Cardinals reign them in a lot. Unfortunately I've gotten to a point where I don't really trust Goold anymore because for every nugget he'll drop, he'll hold something back (and then suggest he knew about it if/when that shoe drops).

When he came out after Saxon's piece on Fowler/Matheny last year and both criticized it and lamented the fact that he wasn't on it, you could see him speaking to both masters at once there. I think he was kinda trying to tell people he knew about it but also didn't want the PD to run afoul of the organization by actual acknowledging it to be true.

I wish I could trust him - but I don't.
He's supposed to be a "journalist" with journalistic integrity. He's supposed to be different from others. Report the facts. The team is struggling, Fowler and Matheny havent talked in months, Mathenys favoring players, young players cant go to the manager and he doesn't say shit. UNTIL Mathenys gone, then he's like, yeah I've known this for months. :-) And then in chat they ask him why he didnt report this to the fans as per his job....doesnt answer the question.
We all know why? He reports anything negative other than stuff we already know, he will lose access. Whats the point of having access then?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:21 AM 12-07-2018
I've been working 12 hour shifts since the goldschmidt trade, ya jackass.

That doesn't take away from the fact you are annoying af and derail this thread into a Cubs discussion.
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I didnt derail anything.

He is a good foil to discuss rivalry shit. His takes are hilariously biased. Livens up the thread, Thats just me. This thread has been going 13 years, I don't think we have ever banned anyone from this thread. Even the asshole trolls that come in every once in a while. If people want him gone, speak up.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:51 AM 12-07-2018
We've banned Hootie many times
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
We've banned Hootie many times
He doesnt count. He was banned everywhere multiple times.:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 09:26 AM 12-07-2018
I dont want to ban him, i just think if he wants to talk about the Cubs, he should start a Cubs thread.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:38 AM 12-07-2018
Should take a look at Greinke. He'll be free, well, outside the 3/100 owed. That's a 4-win guy too. Would put you tied with Mil and Cubs if you did it.

All 3 will be rebuilding in the next 2-3 years so you might as well blow your load now while you still have 87 win talent.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:22 AM 12-07-2018
I don't want Zack Greinke anywhere near a clubhouse of a team I root for.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:45 AM 12-07-2018
Why? He's a baller.
[Reply]
Page 285 of 301
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289295 > Last »
Up