Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Guess who Harpers date was for the concert

Nelly?
[Reply]
jd1020 02:49 PM 12-03-2018
I re-uploaded the picture since the first link didnt work.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:15 PM 12-03-2018
Things could be worse

#Phillies also acquiring lefty reliever James Pazos from the #Mariners, sources tell The Athletic. The deal, as it stands: SS Jean Segura, RH reliever Juan Nicasio and Pazos for 1B Carlos Santana and SS J.P. Crawford.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2018

That's probably dumbest trade I've seen in a long time. I quite literally cant think of anything redeemable about it from the Mariners perspective.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 12-03-2018
Things could be worse

That's probably dumbest trade I've seen in a long time. I quite literally cant think of anything redeemable about it from the Mariners perspective.
Segura was fighting guys in the clubhouse and they just wanted him gone.

I've never seen anything positive written about Segura as a teammate. And this is a guy who's infant son died during a season. The best I've seen is a lukewarm defense of him on the grounds that the experience 'hardened' him.

The guy is...mercurial...to put it politely. He's an asshole to put it less politely.

The Mariners are trying to cut salary and remove him from the clubhouse. They managed to shave off a bit in the short term and quite a bit in the long term. It think that's all they were after. And they got themselves a utility infielder in return so I guess there's a little value there.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:33 PM 12-03-2018
Asshole or not I'm sure that someone would have given up more than a declining 1B/DH that's below average to bottom of the barrel for the position, making more than 2 times what he would be lucky to get on the market right now, and a "prospect" that's never really shown anything above rookie ball. On top of that they actually had to add a solid pre-arb reliever to make it happen. That's just a joke.

Rosenthal also added that the Mariners will also cut Segura a $1M check for waiving his NTC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 12-03-2018
Asshole or not I'm sure that someone would have given up more than a declining 1B/DH that's below average to bottom of the barrel for the position, making more than 2 times what he would be lucky to get on the market right now, and a "prospect" that's never really shown anything above rookie ball. On top of that they actually had to add a solid pre-arb reliever to make it happen. That's just a joke.

Rosenthal also added that the Mariners will also cut a Segura a $1M check for waiving his NTC.
I mean, if that were the case, they'd have done it.

The Mariners didn't WANT to take back salary here; they're clearly trying to knock this back to the studs. And they made their interest in moving him well known so if there were better bids to be made, they'd have taken them.

There just wasn't a market for the guy so this is what you get. 'Asshole' is a tough anchor to lug around in trade discussions - just ask Brett Veach.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:08 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean, if that were the case, they'd have done it.
You would have a hard time selling me on the idea that after Machado lands on his feet the market for Segura wouldn't have opened up a bit more, IF you believe no other teams were interested today.

I think the Mariners just really over value Crawford and it just begs the question how that could possibly be. His entire minor league career has been at best average and it just got worse every step up he took. There's no progression to his career and in the majors he hasn't even shown to be worth a fucking roster spot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:59 PM 12-03-2018
Guess who Harpers date was for the concert

harper and Bryant are both from Vegas and known each other forever. Their wives are friends. That's a fact. What Cub fans like to think that means is that the Cubs have the inside track to sign him.

But, every piece of scuttlebutt and rumor say it’s Bryant that will be the first of the core group of your “dynasty” to go in a trade. That does t give you much of an inside track.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:09 PM 12-03-2018
I am well aware of their history together, thank you.

Bryant isnt getting traded, no matter what you think about Buster Olney's click bait reporting on the matter.

Did you also know that Harper named his dog Wrigley?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:08 PM 12-03-2018
I am well aware of their history together, thank you.

Bryant isnt getting traded, no matter what you think about Buster Olney's click bait reporting on the matter.

Did you also know that Harper named his dog Wrigley?
me thinks Buster knows more than some random Cubs fan on a Chiefs board.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:32 PM 12-03-2018
:-) Buster doesn't know a damn thing. He wrote his article based on Theo's answer during a conference in which he was asked if the Cubs would ever think about trading players from the major league roster such as Bryant or Rizzo. Theo responded that he never operates with untouchables but it would be hard to imagine any offer for someone like Bryant would be enough to make a deal happen. Did you even read the article or just the title?

Did you also know that in a recent interview Harper was asked about which city has the best food and he said Chicago?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 PM 12-03-2018
Did you also know that in a recent interview Harper was asked about which city has the best food and he said Chicago?
what do “they” say your going to do with the current $200 million RF’er?
[Reply]
jd1020 07:43 PM 12-03-2018
They dont say we are doing anything with our $200M RFer although the Cubs are getting a bit more production out of that RFer than the Cardinals got from Mike Leake and Dexter Fowler.

Did you know in a recent Instagram post with his wife that Harper was wearing a Chicago Bulls hat?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:44 PM 12-03-2018
They dont say we are doing anything with our $200M RFer although the Cubs are getting a bit more production out of that RFer than the Cardinals got from Mike Leake and Dexter Fowler.

Did you know in a recent Instagram post with his wife that Harper was wearing a Chicago Bulls hat?
HARPER REPLACING HOIBERG CONFIRMED
[Reply]
jd1020 07:45 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
HARPER REPLACING HOIBERG CONFIRMED
:-)
[Reply]
Page 274 of 301
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up