Page 16 of 298
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:15 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I give Sutton credit for this strategy the first couple wks. It worked well against the Pats and Chargers and it was OK against the Redskins and Eagles but clearly teams have adjusted. Time to scrap the whole rushing 3 and only do it on rare occasions. It does not work..
That's one of our coaching staff's biggest problems, they stick to a system that's not working until it causes too much damage.

Originally Posted by :
The posters saying 'fire Sutton' that would be stupid at this point.. Sutton is a good coach. He is well respected throughout the league.. He will adjust... Still plenty of time left for the D to improve. No guarantee it will but no guarantee it won't either. Suttton has had plenty of success here. There is time for him to fix things and make adjustments...
I'm not sure it's stupid, it's a sign of frustration with clearly clearly seeing what our coaching staff appears to not see. We can get into the whole "we don't have the personnel to change, or at least not change on the fly" debate, but this team's answer to every terrible performance is, "we'll learn from this." Then they don't seem to. It might be simpler to say, "I'm not going to take that question."

Originally Posted by :
Typical CP flip flop... 'Alex Smith only has a good record because of the team surrounding him... Our defense held Steelers to 18-pts..' Our defense looks bad this year 'Fire Sutton.. He sucks!' Well if he sucks then clearly Smitty deserves a lot of credit for winning... Which is it?
I'm thinking we'd like some balance. Alex is going to suffer criticism because we suffered 4 years of inaccuracy, turtling, and checking down. He's seeming showing us a different Alex now that they drafted a QB. Well he did for five games. Few think it's a coincadink. But the true balance would be having a D-line that could get pressure, while having an O-line that's can block, and BDs that aren't almost guaranteed to give up 10-15 yards in 4 downs. All in the same year.

Originally Posted by :
You guys crack me up...
As much as the D and O-line crack us up? :-)

How about a head coach who knows when to hand off play calling to somebody else?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:16 AM 10-22-2017
Its a combination of breakdowns in fundamentals, and untimely bs penalty calls. Despite the bad calls, KC had mutiple chances to force a punt, and even end the game, if a solid tackle was made. A basic fucking fundamental. DB’s trying to tackle high and getting driven back 5 yards, linebackers arm tackling or completely whiffing below the knee. Defensive lineman not getting off blocks. Its not a scheme issue, its a do your job issue.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:17 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
That's not true.
I fixed it..
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:22 AM 10-22-2017
Lack of basic fundamentals (pass protection, tackling, pressure on Carr) made our defense responsible for not putting the game away.

Alex should have had another TD to put the game away as his "should have been" interception doesn't count except on paper.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:24 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I fixed it..
You're still wrong , if not just on principal:-):-):-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:33 AM 10-22-2017
You're still wrong , if not just on principal:-):-):-)
I said our O-line is weak and couldn't start on other winning teams? Are saying they're strong (obviously compared to other O-lines on winning teams)?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 AM 10-22-2017
Lack of basic fundamentals (pass protection, tackling, pressure on Carr) made our defense responsible for not putting the game away.

Alex should have had another TD to put the game away as his "should have been" interception doesn't count except on paper.
Offense scored 30 points noob. They did their job
[Reply]
ping2000 01:36 PM 10-22-2017
I will say this, Sutton is loved by offensive players throughout the league. I'm sure they send him gifts at Christmas.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:55 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I will say this, Sutton is loved by offensive players throughout the league. I'm sure they send him gifts at Christmas.
And other QBs send Andy gifts for the week off from getting hit.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:09 PM 10-22-2017
I don't get it. This defense has been borderline elite under Sutton. We've lost multiple key players and continued to be dominant. Now, all of the sudden he's forgotten how to run a defense? Something just doesn't add up.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:17 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't get it. This defense has been borderline elite under Sutton. We've lost multiple key players and continued to be dominant. Now, all of the sudden he's forgotten how to run a defense? Something just doesn't add up.
Evidently our next man up isn't working very well. And some of our first men up aren't very great either.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:22 PM 10-22-2017
This thread is a great example of why fans dont run teams.

Sutton is frustrating at times but our defense has regularly won us games over the years with him as DC. He hasn't changed, some of the player have.

They will get better.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:24 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Sutton is frustrating at times but our defense has regularly won us games over the years with him as DC. He hasn't changed, some of the player have.

They will get better.
We don't call it overreaction planet for nothing.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:27 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

They will get better.
I hope so because the effort in the Oakland game was pathetic. I’ll blame it on being a Thursday game.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:32 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I said our O-line is weak and couldn't start on other winning teams? Are saying they're strong (obviously compared to other O-lines on winning teams)?
With our center and guard injured the OL are doing a decent job. 2 of them aren't starters for us!!!!!! When there are weak players on the OL the whole line suffers. They are doing a good job for what they are. I don't see Alex11 leaving on a cart, do you? Strong, NO, weak, NO

I cannot understand why Fisher has hot and cold moments but overall he earns his participation award.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Alex Smith 25/36 342 9.5 3 0 1-11 84.9 127.3

36 passes and 1 sack Hmmm yeah they suck big time...NOT

FYI these Stats are misleading, they should have a TD removed and an INT added.

What did suck was the Defense and it's performance against the pass. They did contain the run as noted above but

29/52 417 8.0 3 0 0-0 84.6 101.2

Oakland ran 73 plays vs our 59.and neither team broke 100 yards rushing.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 298
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up