ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 298
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
BoneKrusher 10:39 AM 10-20-2017
I thought Greg Robinson was our DC last two weeks.
[Reply]
Ken Bone 10:41 AM 10-20-2017
Fire Sutton and hire Tony Romo.
[Reply]
Best22 11:02 AM 10-20-2017
Chargers have a much better defense than we do
[Reply]
DanT 11:06 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher:
I thought Greg Robinson was our DC last two weeks.
I didn't get to see the Pittsburgh game on TV. (Had to listen to it on the radio.)

The Raiders game, though, did not seem to me to be like a Greg Robinson defense, which were notable to me for how often Chiefs players in the front 7 were positioned so that they could be easily blocked away from the point of attack. Robinson's schemes were some of the worst I've ever seen from the Chiefs in that regard. Sutton's schemes are not like that. He puts players right at the point of attack. It's just that we have some replacement-level players in our regular lineup, and they aren't making plays. That's the way I see it, at least. I'm not an expert on defensive schemes, just a causal fan who's watched over 40 years of Chiefs football and who played high school ball on the offensive line.
[Reply]
notorious 11:07 AM 10-20-2017
At least Robinson's defense created turnovers. This defense can't even accomplish that!
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:09 AM 10-20-2017
Where's the gofundme link?
[Reply]
DanT 11:13 AM 10-20-2017
Losing Berry was a big loss. The Raiders exploited our DBs, but we also have other weaknesses on D. Our beloved Derrick Johnson has lost at least a step, if not two.

If we can't shore up the defense for December and January, we'll need an even more explosive offense, We have the skill players on offense to be explosive, though our O-Line is not all that great.

All and all, I think the Chiefs could win some games in January, but this team is not one that is liable to make me feel all sad and disappointed. If you don't have the horses, you don't have the horses. I'm not one to blame refs and coaches, especially after rooting for the Chiefs over a nearly five-decades long trophy drought. The organization is fairly mediocre. They ain't Royal. That's for damn sure.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:00 PM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by booger:
It's the unknowns that we have to wait on. I got to imagine Reid is just fuming over this. He wouldn't admit it publically of course. That's not him to call out players or coaches. But Sutton needs his ass chewed and to realize that they aren't going to be able to find a starting CB to replace Mitchell through trade or whatever. They can't expect Murray to just become Berry and play TE's so well man to man. Same with Sorenson. Bailey and Jones could use a breather a few more snaps a game with Nacho and Jenkins rotating. Passongo needs some ****ing snaps. He's raw yes. But he isn't going to get better with maybe 5 snaps on D so far this year while being active every one of them. The plan with him was most likely having him as the emergency OLB until Tamba or Dadi come back. In the mean time why not get him some reps as an inside rusher or wide 9 rush end in situations where he wouldn't have coverage responsibility? The best time to do that is if they are up 2 scores but they haven't had that much so I can see not trusting him yet. Gaines needs benched/cut but until Nelson is healthy Bob has to adjust. I would say Pettine would be someone who would work best with Bob in a senior defensive assistant role and he did hangout and watch some practices like I mentioned. Either way Sutton needs some help cause he's obviously not adjusting.
I dont disagree with anything you say here, Bob clearly lacks imagination
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:07 PM 10-20-2017
What happened to bringing the pressure when you have a late lead and the opponent is deep in their own territory? This has been a staple of Sutton's defense. They had the Raiders at 2-20 and knew he would have to hold the ball for the WRs to get downfield.

Carr is an inaccurate passer when he's getting rushed....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 10-20-2017
lol here's another one on that same drive

[Reply]
Eleazar 12:18 PM 10-20-2017
he is a linebacker. He's not going to blitz on every down.
[Reply]
Best22 12:28 PM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
he is a linebacker. He's not going to blitz on every down.
3-4 OLB almost always bring pressure

He's not an ILB like Johnson, who may blitz once or twice agame
[Reply]
BoneKrusher 12:29 PM 10-20-2017
I just can't understand why you pay $50 million to Houston and keep him back in coverage.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:31 PM 10-20-2017
I can't either. Houston on 3rd or game on the line should be after the QB every time.

It's plain stupid any other way.
[Reply]
ILChief 03:11 PM 10-20-2017
How often does Von Miller drop into coverage?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 298
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up