ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 934
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:48 PM 02-07-2018
I like to watch Mad Money at 5 every day. Jim Cramer, some love him ,some despise him. He's a huge Eagles fan and has really been happy recently for some reason.

Anyway, tonight he gave us three DEFENSE stocks he likes so I plugged in the numbers for 1 year returns

(LMT) Lockheed Martin , up 34.74% 1 yr. Pays a 2.37% Div.
(HRS) Harris up 45.04% 1 yr. Pays a 1.53% Div
(RTN) Raytheon up 37.88% 1 yr. Pays a 1.59% Div

I think he stated Lockheed had like a 100 billion dollar backlog in orders (F-35's)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:41 PM 02-07-2018
LMT has other recent-ish contracts which makes them attractive if you're looking to make money off the unabashed evil that is the military-industrial complex. If you got enough for a lot of shares -go for it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:25 PM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
LMT has other recent-ish contracts which makes them attractive if you're looking to make money off the unabashed evil that is the military-industrial complex. If you got enough for a lot of shares -go for it.
I just looked at 5 year charts on all three and they avg 50% returns per year.

So , yeah, unabashed evil is good.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:26 PM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I like to watch Mad Money at 5 every day. Jim Cramer, some love him ,some despise him. He's a huge Eagles fan and has really been happy recently for some reason.

Anyway, tonight he gave us three DEFENSE stocks he likes so I plugged in the numbers for 1 year returns

(LMT) Lockheed Martin , up 34.74% 1 yr. Pays a 2.37% Div.
(HRS) Harris up 45.04% 1 yr. Pays a 1.53% Div
(RTN) Raytheon up 37.88% 1 yr. Pays a 1.59% Div

I think he stated Lockheed had like a 100 billion dollar backlog in orders (F-35's)
LMT-$345 per share
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:07 PM 02-08-2018
more heavy red today. Companies still beating earnings expectations mostly

NVDA hit 1.72 EPS against expected 1.16 EPS
Fireeye had positive EPS instead of an expected loss. small beat. same with Activision
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:36 PM 02-08-2018
I liked it way better when the market was going up every day.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:01 PM 02-08-2018
Does anyone know when options chains get updated? Is it at the end of a day or start of a day? Just curious when looking at numbers after a huge drop like today.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:20 PM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Does anyone know when options chains get updated? Is it at the end of a day or start of a day? Just curious when looking at numbers after a huge drop like today.
On the futures they are live. Or 15 M delay whatever you have. I don’t know about stocks.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 PM 02-08-2018
Your broker should show you option quotes in real time. What you see now should be how they closed.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:58 PM 02-08-2018
China and Japan down almost 3% right now. Think about this...granted we needed a correction and were due, but all of this violent selling and panic started because wage growth picked up just a smidge, jobless claims dropped and interest rates on the 10 year ticked up a whopping .3%

So because more people are working
And
People are making more money
And
Rates ticked up from an already low, low level of 2.5% to 2.8%

The market reacted by having some of the most violent and volatile sell offs, i.e. taper tantrums, in history

You'd think the ****ing world was coming to an end tomorrow
[Reply]
lewdog 08:09 PM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
China and Japan down almost 3% right now. Think about this...granted we needed a correction and were due, but all of this violent selling and panic started because wage growth picked up just a smidge, jobless claims dropped and interest rates on the 10 year ticked up a whopping .3%

So because more people are working
And
People are making more money
And
Rates ticked up from an already low, low level of 2.5% to 2.8%

The market reacted by having some of the most violent and volatile sell offs, i.e. taper tantrums, in history

You'd think the ****ing world was coming to an end tomorrow
The media has been pandering for a "correction" or "bear market" for 1+ years. Get a few days of investors taking profits off the table and people start seeing these selloffs as the peak of the market and the signaling of impending doom. It's a snowball affect. Does anyone think it's partially related to the amount of media and social media affect that so many see today on the markets? I really can't explain how this snowballed so quickly this week so that's just a thought.

The selloff was expected, but not at this type of weekly level. It's pretty crazy to say the least.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:16 PM 02-08-2018
The media has been pandering for a "correction" or "bear market" for 1+ years. Get a few days of investors taking profits off the table and people start seeing these selloffs as the peak of the market and the signaling of impending doom. It's a snowball affect. Does anyone think it's partially related to the amount of media and social media affect that so many see today on the markets? I really can't explain how this snowballed so quickly this week so that's just a thought.

The selloff was expected, but not at this type of weekly level. It's pretty crazy to say the least.
This isn't mere profit taking. This is a mini-crash. This has very little to do with social media and more to do with Wall St. being too smart for it's own good.

Yeah, we were due for a correction. But the violence is being triggered by things like the XIV and other VIX related derivatives that triggered the violence behind the selling.

Those derivatives triggered massive selling because of their piss-poor design. Once that started, that started triggering other selling via stops being hit, etc., etc. I am not a huge Jim Cramer fan but he nails this well on why this is happening the way it is.

There is no fundamental reason for the sell off to be this violent. But now because it has gone on for a few days, people are starting to fish for reasons that there might be some fundamental change. It's like a vicious cycle...it just starts feeding on itself.

More violent selling will trigger retail investors, people like you and me, to start selling which will exacerbate this even more.

And why? Ask yourself what is going on economically to justify such a panic?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:18 PM 02-08-2018
im Cramer, CNBC’s “Mad Money” host and resident “booyah” button pusher, isn’t exactly known for measured takes on the stock market.

And Thursday morning, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -4.15% in full retreat, certainly was no different.

Here’s what’s irking him about it all:

‘What bothers me is the people who have never looked at a stock and don’t know how to analyze it [are] out in full force today. They’ve never been better about not knowing anything about the stocks. They got it all figured out.’
Cramer also touched on the Vietnam war, his father and talking politics at the dinner table, but that’s all beside the point.

As for the wild market action, the former hedge-fund manager blamed a ”group of complete morons” trading leveraged volatility products for “blowing up” everything.

While he didn’t call them out by name, he could have been referring to that guy on Reddit who lost $4 million playing the XIV XIV, -18.14% . Or maybe that former Target TGT, -2.92% manager who is trying to recoup his losses by placing a $600,000 bet against volatility VIX, +20.66% .

Watch the full Cramer rant here:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ji...ket-2018-02-08
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 PM 02-08-2018
Asian markets approaching the -4% levels....this is turning into a world-wide crash right now given the velocity of the selling
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 02-08-2018

Looking at a weekly chart, a correction on the weekly is very much due.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 934
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217617 > Last »
Up