« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
lewdog 06:41 PM 07-02-2018
800 Bitcoins hit the bottom. Decline was 15x faster than the dot com crash of 2000.

Buy the dip?

https://www.investopedia.com/news/cr..._medium=social
[Reply]
BWillie 06:47 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
800 Bitcoins hit the bottom. Decline was 15x faster than the dot com crash of 2000.

Buy the dip?

I bought the dip at $1100.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:07 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I bought the dip at $1100.
Better hit it again to dollar down the average.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:57 PM 07-02-2018

Buy the dip?

800 Bitcoins hit the bottom... What does that even mean?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:59 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
800 Bitcoins hit the bottom... What does that even mean?
Honestly that confused me too.

But I don't know enough about it to figure it out. Care to explain? Maybe I meant crypocurrencies not Bitcoins.....oops.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:10 PM 07-02-2018
Honestly that confused me too.

But I don't know enough about it to figure it out. Care to explain? Maybe I meant crypocurrencies not Bitcoins.....oops.
You did.

This thing is still in its infancy, a lot of misinformation out there. There have been scamcoins and shitcoins from the beginning to try to take advantage of uninformed investors. Just because those scams are collapsing doesn’t mean crypto is dead; but that’s the better headline since apparently good journalism is.

Most people in the crypto space didn’t expect that huge spike last year and aren’t concerned about the correction this year as that kind of growth was unsustainable. The majority of naysayers are completely uninformed and take pot shots at something they don’t understand. Bitcoin is fine. Naysayers just want to look at decline from December 17th and not the fact that Bitcoin is worth 3x what it was a year ago. Not a bad ROI.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:17 PM 07-02-2018
You did.

This thing is still in its infancy, a lot of misinformation out there. There have been scamcoins and shitcoins from the beginning to try to take advantage of uninformed investors. Just because those scams are collapsing doesn’t mean crypto is dead; but that’s the better headline since apparently good journalism is.

Most people in the crypto space didn’t expect that huge spike last year and aren’t concerned about the correction this year as that kind of growth was unsustainable. The majority of naysayers are completely uninformed and take pot shots at something they don’t understand. Bitcoin is fine. Naysayers just want to look at decline from December 17th and not the fact that Bitcoin is worth 3x what it was a year ago. Not a bad ROI.
Basically if you got in on ground floor, you're probably fine? Sounds like you did so good for you.

However, if you're like many in this thread who got in late claiming "absolute gains," you're probably still very behind.

And for the record, put your money in something that makes money. Bitcoin and Crypo was/is just that if you timed it right. The stock market is risky too, no doubt about it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:21 PM 07-02-2018
Basically if you got in on ground floor, you're probably fine? Sounds like you did so good for you.

However, if you're like many in this thread who got in late claiming "absolute gains," you're probably still very behind.

And for the record, put your money in something that makes money. Bitcoin and Crypo was/is just that if you timed it right. The stock market is risky too, no doubt about it.
Absolutely. I’m sure I have a different view than others because I am still very much in the black on my investments.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:31 PM 07-02-2018
Absolutely. I’m sure I have a different view than others because I am still very much in the black on my investments.
Can we tempt BossChief to make an appearance............
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:45 PM 07-02-2018
Can we tempt BossChief to make an appearance............
I’m sure he bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top like he’s done the rest of this thread.

Taco is MIA too. Weird.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:52 PM 07-02-2018
I’m sure he bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top like he’s done the rest of this thread.

Taco is MIA too. Weird.
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:05 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Better hit it again to dollar down the average.
There's a point where buying more of a declining investment doesn't make sense anymore...
[Reply]
ghak99 09:33 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
There's a point where buying more of a declining investment doesn't make sense anymore...
Wimp.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:46 PM 07-02-2018
I'll take the cheese.

So what is it about buttcoins that I don't understand? What actual practical use does it have? Besides buying drugs on the internet and money laundering.

I don't see a realistic use of a currency that can bounce 5-10% in its worth on a day to day basis because one person cashed in their buttcoins to purchase a real doll.

There's no practical use for them and it doesn't seem very secure, either. If your buttcoin exchange gets hacked by Putin, you're fucked. If they decide to just take the coins and make up a story about being hacked by Putin, you're fucked.

Lucking into a small profit during pump and dump doesn't make it legit. Although suckering infowars visitors out of serious money will never not be amusing.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:55 PM 07-02-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Luckily, I sold half my holdings on January 12th when it was 1258 per coin and then pulled my original investment out when it got down to 933 on feb 2.

I’ve turned the rest of the profit that I’ve kept in GDAX from 8.5 ether coins to 11.27 currently hoping I can make that 14 or 15 and that it will recover to 7-900 by July.
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Back up to 755 for Ethereum...got up to 830 or so a couple days ago and it’s correcting right now.

Had my coins up to about 13.5 and then missed on a trade and didn’t realize it for a couple days which brought me back down to almost where I started when I posted this. Still almost 12 Ethereums worth of straight profit. Not bad.

Hopefully it keeps riding the momentum all the way back to 1500.
I’ve been just playing with house money the last few months and have bought and sold it based on coin telegraphs recommendations and am at 12.525 Ethereum after pulling out all of my original investment amount at the beginning of the year.

I can provide screenshots, if you don’t believe me. Here’s the screenshot showing my last sell transaction on Coinbase when I took out my profit before moving the rest to GDAX to play around with...

I’ve bought at peaks and sold at valleys more than once, but I’ve also done the opposite many times as well. I’m not a HODL guy, I buy and sell based on recomendations by a guy that has made me a bunch of fun money. If I has listened more and not been so emotional with some of my moves, I’d easily have 20 ethers of profit right now...but I like to take risks.
Attached: A35A399A-65E2-44AC-AB7A-43016E981D6E.jpg (20.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 103 of 261
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up