Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) End Game - SPOILER FREE THREAD
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:45 AM 12-07-2018

Part of the journey is the end. pic.twitter.com/vejn1Bx8Nz

— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) December 7, 2018

[Reply]
Rausch 09:36 PM 04-08-2019
Anyone see the Presser they did? Everyone, including Chris Evans, was funny and and avoided the bait to talk politics.

Until the end when Bris Larson just had to do her thing...
[Reply]
007 09:58 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Anyone see the Presser they did? Everyone, including Chris Evans, was funny and and avoided the bait to talk politics.

Until the end when Bris Larson just had to do her thing...
I just skipped to the end and didn't really see anything. What exactly did she do?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:24 AM 04-10-2019
They FINALLY explained where she's been!!!!

[Reply]
banecat 11:52 AM 04-10-2019
My friend's brother works for Industrial Light & Magic and worked on this film. They ruined the film for me. If you'd like to know some major spoilers, and plot points, let me know or PM me and I'll get back to you
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:02 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
They FINALLY explained where she's been!!!!

at 49sec mark you hear a faint whisper..."I have telepathy"

anyone know wtf that is all about? Is that Cpt Marvel talking to Thor inside his head?
[Reply]
Fish 01:40 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
at 49sec mark you hear a faint whisper..."I have telepathy"

anyone know wtf that is all about? Is that Cpt Marvel talking to Thor inside his head?
Nah, that's just random noise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:48 PM 04-10-2019
Definitely not random noise.

So announced today: Hawkeye series on Disney+ starring Renner.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nah, that's just random noise.
Nope. I distinctly heard "I have telepathy".
[Reply]
Fish 01:55 PM 04-10-2019
You guys are nuts. It's just noise. Ms. Marvel doesn't have telepathy. Nobody in that room does.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:52 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
You guys are nuts. It's just noise. Ms. Marvel doesn't have telepathy. Nobody in that room does.
Well possibly, but that's some pretty specific random noise if not...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:07 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
My friend's brother works for Industrial Light & Magic and worked on this film. They ruined the film for me. If you'd like to know some major spoilers, and plot points, let me know or PM me and I'll get back to you

[Reply]
007 10:30 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well possibly, but that's some pretty specific random noise if not...
Yeah, I don't see that as random noise. When you watch the two of them in that moment, it really does look as if there is a conversation going on.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:36 PM 04-10-2019
If nothing else, I don't buy it because that would be an incredibly specific thing for them to reveal in a random trailer. The Russos have been incredibly protective about giving away major plot points, so it just wouldn't make sense.
[Reply]
Fish 10:40 PM 04-10-2019
If you just think about it beforehand, you can just as easily make it sound like "I have to go pee." It's just the brain piecing together randomness.

This is being discussed elsewhere...

https://www.inverse.com/article/5473...vel-is-psychic

https://bgr.com/2019/04/09/avengers-...pathy-spoiler/
[Reply]
Fish 10:50 PM 04-10-2019
Explained:

Originally Posted by :
Let’s put this to bed.

I’ve worked a bit in sound engineering and decided to do a bit of work on this “voice.” I listened through this section probably about 100 times while EQing and adjusting the play speed and have concluded that the initial sound (the one that makes up the “I” sound people are hearing) is the beginning of a breath/sigh from Thor. Its frequencies match very closely to the sigh we hear later in the clip after he sets down Stormbreaker.

Because they are so close, I clipped out Thor’s ending sigh from both trailer 2 and this clip. Using an FIR (or Finite Impulse Response) plugin, I can subtract or “pull out” the frequencies of Thor’s sigh from trailer 2 and this clip. I can also pull out the frequencies of the background noise and the music that begin as soon as Thor stands up in the new clip. Which are the same as when folks are hearing this “voice.”

After this, you’re not left with much when it comes to audio, as a majority of the frequencies have been removed. Interestingly enough, there’s still a bit of audio left over from the portion that folks are hearing as “I have telepathy.” It’s two distinct noises that I believe are making up the “T” and “L” sounds that folks are hearing.

In short, I believe the sound we’re hearing that makes up the “I” folks are hearing is Thor’s sigh/breath. If you listen carefully enough, you can hear it continue throughout the entire “voice” section; distinct from the other “letters” and is most likely also the long “E” sound at the end of “telepathy.” The two noises I mentioned above that remained (the “T” and the “L”) are most likely some background noise or something else, but it’s almost certain these noises do not relate to each other, and our human brains are trying to make sense of them (it’s an evolutionary thing).

I also could be dead wrong. Hopefully, we’ll know in about 17 days.

TL;DR: Through some sound manipulation, it’s likely we’re hearing a set of noises that make up this “whisper.” Another Yani/Laurel situation.

Edit/UPDATE: New realization as I continued to dig into this. So far we’ve figured out that the “I” sound is coming from the beginning of Thor’s sigh and the long e “Y” sound is the end of his sigh. If you watch carefully, Thor is rubbing his hands together (gotta get rid of those Hawaiian roll crumbs). I was able to isolate the sounds of his hands, and the third one very perfectly lines up with the “P” sound in “telepathy.” Thus, this is why we’re hearing that “P.”

In addition, after pulling out the upper frequencies with another FIR, there are a set of low frequency noises that I believe are contributing to the “T” and “L” sounds. I’ll have to experiment further, but this is DEFINITELY human pattern recognition

https://bgr.com/2019/04/09/avengers-...pathy-spoiler/

[Reply]
Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up