ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Media Center>The Lion King ( 2019)
Tribal Warfare 04:50 PM 11-23-2018

[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:06 PM 04-10-2019
The new Lion King Trailer released today...

I can't wait for this movie. Looks good.

:-) The last part of the trailer....if that doesn't put a smile on your face, then you don't have a soul.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 04-10-2019
Man I'm not watching any re-make where Scar isn't voiced by Jeremy Irons. He was just absol.....

.....oh fuck it, can't even convince myself of that bullshit. That looks friggen awesome and I'm in. I hate all these damn live action re-makes of the old Disney stuff and it just doesn't matter because this looks incredible.

They got James Earl Jones back as Mufasa, Ejiofor is actually one of my favorite actors in his own right, that condescending doucherocket John Oliver is going to be play an easily dispensable dweeby bird, Glover's pretty great, Rogan as Pumba makes perfect sense.

Yeah, try as I might, I can't buzzkill that one. That looks awesome. "PUT YOUR LITTLE CUB FOOT IN THE BIG PRINT AGAIN SIMBA!!!! Awwwwwww......."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:52 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
It's funny that people are referring to this as the live action Lion King. :-)
{ponders}

Well shit. You got me on that one...
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:09 PM 04-10-2019
Looks outstanding.

I wonder if they'll be able to recapture the magic of the first. Or if they even need to.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 04-10-2019
Fuck it, i still get a little teary when Simba's dad dies. That shit was dramatic!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 04-10-2019
They ended up doing Be Prepared after all. Good.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:21 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fuck it, i still get a little teary when Simba's dad dies. That shit was dramatic!
That's going to be rough to go through again.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 04-10-2019
I took my Goddaughter to see the original the evening after I got a wisdom tooth pulled. The extraction was very difficult, and I was fairly whacked out on codeine. I remember thinking the plot was very similar to Conan the Barbarian, only with cartoon lions. Don't remember much else.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:58 PM 04-10-2019
I saw the lion king as a live play on Broadway in NYC.

Bad
Ass
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:50 PM 04-10-2019
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies. Still one of my favorites of my childhood. The Jungle Book remake was excellent, I'm sure the Lion King will be as well.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:43 PM 04-10-2019
Meh. Sure the cgi looks breathtaking but this looks LITERALLY like a shot for shot remake (similar to the very dull and uninspiring Beauty and the Beast live action remake) .

But don't mind me, this shit is gonna be HUGE at the box office. And it certainly looks better than the Aladdin live action remake lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:57 PM 04-10-2019
Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:16 PM 04-10-2019
I wish they would have changed the plot a little bit, give us something a little different. But the CGI looks insane.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 04-10-2019
They’d better not screw this up. The original is about as close to today’s generation as a revered movie like Casablanca etc were to the boomers.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:03 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.
I grew up watching Lion King and Aladdin as a kid, still remember seeing both in the theatre with my parents and my best friend.

Can't wait to see them both...although I wish someone hotter was playing Jasmine. The actress who is playing her seems a little too plain Jane for me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up