ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
BigRichard 08:06 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ll throw in that I have no idea what Evans has said off film.
And it has nothing to do with with Evans saying anything. He can have his political view point. The issue would be if he got in front of the Camera when he was pimping Captain America and started saying shit like Cap is all about some political viewpoint. That shit would sour me quick on any Cap movies.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:07 PM 02-26-2019
To be fair, I really hadn't either. Looks like he's particularly supportive of LGBT rights (has a gay brother) and has been outspoken on all the typical equity issues on Twitter, but he doesn't seem to be that combative about it.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:47 PM 02-26-2019
He was one of the early Covington commentators.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:56 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Yes, which makes him a piece of shit in my book. But he isn't pimping it during the Cap stuff so fuck him but I will continue to watch Cap movies :-).
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:44 PM 02-26-2019
He’s outspokenly liberal on Twitter. There’s just not a lot of articles about it.

He was very active in the 2016 election, and said he was “embarrassed for America” after Trump won. I didn’t mean to cause such a stir, but I honestly think just as much could be written about Chris Evans’ positions as Brie Larsons.
[Reply]
007 11:06 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He’s outspokenly liberal on Twitter. There’s just not a lot of articles about it.

He was very active in the 2016 election, and said he was “embarrassed for America” after Trump won. I didn’t mean to cause such a stir, but I honestly think just as much could be written about Chris Evans’ positions as Brie Larsons.
Well, it sounds like he didn't do this stuff while promoting a movie. Also sounds like he addressed it a little more professionally. I don't really do twitter so if thats the only place he expresses himself, I'd never know.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:39 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think I'm proud of the fact that I had to look that up to see what you were talking about.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:10 AM 02-27-2019
If Larson had the ass of ScarJo I might see it.

Otherwise this movie just doesn't do it for me.

Because this woman can. not. act. I mean I dont expect an Academy Award perfomance or anything, esp for a popcorn MCU flick such as this...but she's really bad.
[Reply]
007 01:15 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If Larson had the ass of ScarJo I might see it.

Otherwise this movie just doesn't do it for me.

Because this woman can. not. act. I mean I dont expect an Academy Award perfomance or anything, esp for a popcorn MCU flick such as this...but she's really bad.
Well, she evidently could act at least once. She has an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:22 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Well, she evidently could act at least once. She has an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
I dont really care for the awards.

Its pretty rare that someone actually deserves one of those.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:56 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dont really care for the awards.

Its pretty rare that someone actually deserves one of those.
all bow to Heath Ledger RIP
[Reply]
Rausch 05:39 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yes, which makes him a piece of shit in my book. But he isn't pimping it during the Cap stuff so **** him but I will continue to watch Cap movies :-).
This.

I can separate the art from the artist but THEY have to as well.

And I knew once she started running her mouth it would happen and sure enough an SJW controversy ends in changing the rules to protect the narrative.

[Reply]
BigRichard 08:18 AM 02-27-2019
Now would probably be the perfect time for someone to swoop in and take the reigns from RT. Someone just needs a good enough website.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:48 AM 02-27-2019
What in the bloody hell are you guys pissed at RT for? On what planet does it make sense to allow people to submit a reaction to a movie before it's even out? I've thought it was weird they allowed that for years, and this is just the event that made it obvious that it's a problem.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:56 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

That's fair.

I think it's also a fair point Guru made about being vocal about politics/SJW shit while promoting a movie.

From my perspective, I just don't get trying to be a loud voice anywhere. I have a business that doesn't even rely that heavily on customers, but as a representation of my business (my brand, to put it into today's horseshit jargon), I am CONSTANTLY aware of what I say or how my shit looks and how it could be interpreted by a potential landlord or customer. As such, I just completely fucking avoid anything that could piss people off or drive them away, ESPECIALLY if it has nothing to do with my business.

I don't talk politics, or any of the crazy shit that is going on with Smollet, Trump, religion, or any of the other controversial crap that is going on at the moment. Even if I'm the best guy in the world at reading people and articulate my position well, there is still a possibility that I run someone off. For what? Certainly not anything related to my business.

I talk that kind of stuff with a select few people who I know can separate me from my business. It's probably unhealthy to never talk about it, but I'm damn sure not going to do it in a position that could be construed as me representing my business.

So if I were making movies, I'd have the same approach, probably moreso. These people want the public to come see THEM perform in a entertainment activity. I would actively try not to say a goddamn thing that could run anyone off. Ever.

Now, that's not to say that she doesn't have to represent herself to get a job. She has to audition, deal with execs, and a whole bunch of shit more than I do. And maybe they pick up more people than they run off with this noise. Maybe Marvel's bulletproof and I'm off base.

I don't know, but it's not the approach I'd take.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up