ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:13 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
No, they haven't...
Originally Posted by :
“We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.”

[Reply]
FAX 02:24 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No, they haven't...
That's a sensible response by the Rottens. Who'da thunk it?

FAX
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:30 PM 02-26-2019
Sometimes you have to take away the toy from the child.
[Reply]
Fish 02:31 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No, they haven't...
I'm not sure what you mean. Your quote confirms the removal. They removed comments as well as the "Want to see" percentage.

Originally Posted by :
As of Feb. 25, the reviews-aggregation site is no longer displaying the “Want to See” percentage score for a movie during its pre-release period. In addition, Rotten Tomatoes has disabled the ability for users to post comments prior to a movie’s release date.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ts-1203149802/

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:04 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
That's a sensible response by the Rottens. Who'da thunk it?

FAX
What they did was stupid.

I'm not sure what you mean. Your quote confirms the removal. They removed comments as well as the "Want to see" percentage.
They didn't remove user reviews, which is what you had originally claimed and he had responded to:

LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time they have done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
[Reply]
FAX 04:23 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

They didn't remove user reviews, which is what you had originally claimed and he had responded to:

They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time has done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
Perhaps we're talking about two different things.

A lot of movie-goers use the "want to see" rating as an early indicator of a movie's potential. I don't think that's an arguable point.

In other news, the movie has been review-bombed on Google and a variety of other social media platforms. Reviewed before seeing the movie? That is absurd no matter what the movie is or might be.

Common sense will tell you that a Marvel movie (especially one that has a direct impact on the next Avengers film) isn't very likely to have a "want to see" rating well below 50%. None of them ever have, so why this one?

2 + 2, my friend. Review bombed all over the interweb and a "want to see" rating dramatically below reasonable expectations.

It makes perfect sense for the Rottens to pull the plug on activity until the bizarre bombers find something else to bitch about.

FAX
[Reply]
Fish 04:24 PM 02-26-2019

They removed the "want to see" and the comments. It's stupidity on their part, but not the first time they have done things to block negative or potentially negative input about major releases.
LOL ok then.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:25 PM 02-26-2019
Chris Evans is even more political than Brie Larson, but no one cares because he slays it as Cap.

Marvel has earned a shot to do the same with Larson here.
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:08 PM 02-26-2019
Captain Marvel might do decently but it won't do well. IMO.
[Reply]
007 05:28 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Chris Evans is even more political than Brie Larson, but no one cares because he slays it as Cap.

Marvel has earned a shot to do the same with Larson here.
Really? I've never heard anything. Probably because he is a guy so the media doesn't promote it as much.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:24 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Really? I've never heard anything. Probably because he is a guy so the media doesn't promote it as much.
I've seen very little criticism of Larson in traditional media. It's been in the world of social media and blogs where people have been critical (or praising depending on the place) from what I've seen.
[Reply]
007 06:48 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've seen very little criticism of Larson in traditional media. It's been in the world of social media and blogs where people have been critical (or praising depending on the place) from what I've seen.
I shouldn't have used the term media. Just have not heard anything about Chris Evans until that comment.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:07 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Captain Marvel might do decently but it won't do well. IMO.
Like Star Wars: A Solo Story if you piss off a quarter or more of your general audience you'll make less at the box office.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:31 PM 02-26-2019

A lot of the trend started because people trolled Amy Schumer years ago without having seen her stand up special. I watched it, hated it, and thumbs downed it. But that's different from trolling. It defeats the whole purpose for anyone legitimately wanting to know about a movie.

It's clear what behavior they're trying to block. The sample is flawed. It would be like measuring the success of an Elway documentary because you aired it in Kansas city. You know trolls would rush out in droves to down vote it without knowing anything about the movie. Which would be funny for us. But if you're a casual eagles fan wanting to hear from sports fans about whether it's worth watching, it's totally unhelpful.

I mean... I think this movie looks boring. But I want to hear legitimately without the politics on either side if it's actually worth my time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:45 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I’ll throw in that I have no idea what Evans has said off film.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up