ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 48
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:15 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Which is why The Mandalorian looks so good.
Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good. Unfortunately, animation has taken a downturn. It seems that Dave Filoni just isn't in to it anymore.

Also, EA's new Jedi/66 game looks promising.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:24 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good. Unfortunately, animation has taken a downturn. It seems that Dave Filoni just isn't in to it anymore.

Also, EA's new Jedi/66 game looks promising.
Not into animation anymore?

You know there's a new season of Clone Wars coming, right?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:25 PM 04-15-2019
Not into animation anymore?

You know there's a new season of Clone Wars coming, right?
Right, but those were pretty much in the can prior to the buyout I believe.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:28 PM 04-15-2019
I think the ones in the can were the sixth season episodes that Netflix put out. This upcoming seventh season was a revival that as far as I know nobody knew about, and a rare opportunity to actually finish a cancelled series.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:40 PM 04-15-2019
I think the ones in the can were the sixth season episodes that Netflix put out. This upcoming seventh season was a revival that as far as I know nobody knew about, and a rare opportunity to actually finish a cancelled series.
In any event, "Resistance" which he created and is responsible for is a steaming load of ass. As if it were written and directed by an entirely different entity.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04-16-2019, 12:06 AM
This message has been deleted by WhiteWhale.
WhiteWhale 12:08 AM 04-16-2019
By the way, what the **** ever happened to the Knights of Ren?

We hear about them and then... nothing. Where the **** are they? We gonna see these guys or what? We just pretending that was never mentioned?
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:40 AM 04-16-2019
They were in the poster, but that doesn't guarantee we see them.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:36 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
By the way, what the **** ever happened to the Knights of Ren?

We hear about them and then... nothing. Where the **** are they? We gonna see these guys or what? We just pretending that was never mentioned?
They were off having coffee somewhere. They're in the movie. If you watch the trailer, you can clearly see Kylo Ben killing the one that carries the club/ass paddle. My guess is that Hux has loosed them on Kylo Ben for killing Snoke.

In this movie, Hux is feeding info. to the resistance in order to try and take down Kylo Ben. He hopes to succeed him of course.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:43 PM 04-16-2019
Yip. Everything not related to the abortion of KK's trilogy has been fairly solid to really good.
After hearing/reading recent articles and statements by KK the recent trilogy-cluster-fuck makes more sense. Almost no communication between Mystery Box and Round-Head-Ryan. Instead of building a cohesive story she treated this trilogy like an anthology.

Forget politics - just from building a cohesive story from film to film was a complete disaster. Marvel fans will hate it but perhaps the best option would be to fire KK then give Kevin Feige SW's and a huge raise...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:06 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
After hearing/reading recent articles and statements by KK the recent trilogy-cluster-fuck makes more sense. Almost no communication between Mystery Box and Round-Head-Ryan. Instead of building a cohesive story she treated this trilogy like an anthology.

Forget politics - just from building a cohesive story from film to film was a complete disaster. Marvel fans will hate it but perhaps the best option would be to fire KK then give Kevin Feige SW's and a huge raise...
I would install Dave Filoni as head of Lucasfilm and here's why:

Dave has proven over and over that he understands how to write a cohesive SW story. For "Rebels", they got in to the habit of writing the episodes in threes, much like you would a SW film trilogy.
Dave knows when to bring suspense and action, and when to hold back. He knows how to present emotional themes without being sappy, and his knowledge of the EU and Old Republic eras are without peer among those already working for Lucasfilm/Disney.

He is my first choice and considering all of the time he spent with and being mentored BY George as they launched 'The Clone Wars' together, I do not believe there is a more qualified and passionate person available for the job.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:46 PM 04-16-2019

He is my first choice and considering all of the time he spent with and being mentored BY George as they launched 'The Clone Wars' together, I do not believe there is a more qualified and passionate person available for the job.
Then it needs to happen immediately.

There is no way I pay money to watch a SW's product while she's in charge. I doubt I even watch anything outside of the animated stuff...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:18 PM 04-16-2019

There is no way I pay money to watch a SW's product while she's in charge. I doubt I even watch anything outside of the animated stuff...
Yeah, the whole PR media strategy of '**** our bigoted fans, our movie was awesome!" was probably not the best way to go either.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:25 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yeah, the whole PR media strategy of '**** our bigoted fans, our movie was awesome!" was probably not the best way to go either.
Oh man, Filoni would have NEVER allowed that shit to happen. Of course, he would have never approved a trilogy without a cohesive and defined story arc either.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:48 AM 04-17-2019

:-) 100% agree :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 04-17-2019
I said nothing could bring me back and that's not actually true.

Kill Rose in a trailer. And I mean in the most grueling and pointless way possible. She's out gathering food and steps on a land mine from a war generations ago. It blows off her leg and she gets eaten by Ewoks or something.

Do THAT and I'll go get my tickets.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 48
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up