ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 48
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:13 PM 04-14-2019
Can't WAIT to not pay to watch this!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:15 PM 04-14-2019
Thank God for Russian bastard-teens with hi-def cameras and mafia-owned theaters!
[Reply]
Bowser 01:18 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Thank God for Russian bastard-teens with hi-def cameras and mafia-owned theaters!
Expect incoming Fire Me Boy! neg rep upside yo head
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:26 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Expect incoming Fire Me Boy! neg rep upside yo head
Boo-fucking-hoo. And I hope he is aware that I strike back, with precision and malice.
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:51 PM 04-15-2019
The Disney SWs circle jerk is in full force. Kathleen Kennedy appreciates the contribution of your souls. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:20 PM 04-15-2019
I wonder if this will be shit like the last one was
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 06:59 PM 04-15-2019
Hope it's not a steaming piece of shit like the last jedi.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:13 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
Hope it's not a steaming piece of shit like the last jedi.
Hold out your right hand and close your eyes.

Now, hold out your left hand.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:30 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Solo was great - the diametric opposite of VIII. As I've said before, IMO it captured the swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the others.

Unfortunately, it was like the kid sitting in class who finally turns around and confronts the asshole behind him for kicking his chair, only to be the one the teacher sends to the office for disrupting the class.
It was fine, not great.

I would have preferred we got a movie with someone who would have resembled a young Han Solo instead of the whole star lord thing, but whatever.

It's actually too bad the negative response to TLJ caused such a dip in it's box office. It's a MUCH more enjoyable movie imo.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:47 PM 04-15-2019
Don't you get it? It's supposed to be a "big mystery"! Is Ben Solo the "Skywalker" that is rising, or is it Rey?! :-)

You see, Kylo Ben told Rey that her parents were nobodies, right? But we all know that in this "brave new world" of SW that the things people say don't really mean anything, they're just having some convos to kill the time between those sweet lightsaber fights and dumb bitches running around in purple hair blowing up star destroyers with hyperdrives, amirite?!?!?!

So, it's a pointless title with a pointless mystery intended to draw you to the theater one last time for a raping of your wallet, eyeballs, and brain matter.

And a dumbassed Emperor laugh at the end. Maybe HE'S the "rising Skywalker"!!!!

Or, or, maybe it's the force ghost of Anakin finally! The Ghost of Anakin Rises!

Or, maybe it's the Jedi themselves! Maybe Luke's force ghost comes back with Anakin's force ghost and they help Rey defeat Kylo and start a NEW JEDI ORDER!!!!

OH! THE POSSIBILITIES!!!! :-)
Didn't you like TLJ?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:50 PM 04-15-2019
It's plainly obvious "Rise of the Skywalker "doesn't refer to a person.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:01 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's the thing though - that particular saga ended in VIII.

This isn't gonna do anything more than that other than try to play up some fan servicy shit in the name of trying to ungrump some folks and hope to get them back on board for X and beyond.

My biggest problem with VIII was always that the story was missing a middle. VIII is never a movie I would've really liked for a myriad of reasons I've already explained, but it's a movie I'd have understood had it been IX.

I don't need to see 'how it ends' because the parts I care about already ended. The characters I gave a damn about are either dead or in the margins. Trying to retcon this thing into pretending that VIII didn't already effectively end the Skywalker Saga is just gonna make it the entire trilogy that mass of disorganized shit that SDH expects.

They're welcome to untie and retie loose ends as they see fit, but that does nothing but make this a rental. I'll watch it at some point, but like I said - I see no need to brave the crowds for this and can't see any way a trailer of any caliber will change my mind.
Yup. Everything you said here is true.

Glad to see SDH came around instead of pretending TLJ was some glorious achievement, but I'm going to remind him he really liked it when he saw it. He was NOT happy about my criticism. Particularly for the whole "****ing up Luke Skywalker irreparably" criticisms I levied.

Which I stand by. It was a terrible send off for one of the most iconic characters in film history. Disgraceful even.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:45 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Didn't you like TLJ?
Initially. But then the warts starting pouring in along with the damage done to so many aspects of the franchise and characters that I wasn't noticing at the time. It was hard to see at first because these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.

Further blurring the view was the poor storytelling and too much reliance upon CGI of the prequels. When you place the two side by side, you have two examples of extreme turd polishing, both that are an affront to the OT.

Frankly, none of this shit should have ever happened. SW was just fine as three movies.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:00 PM 04-15-2019
Initially. But then the warts starting pouring in along with the damage done to so many aspects of the franchise and characters that I wasn't noticing at the time. It was hard to see at first because these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.

Further blurring the view was the poor storytelling and too much reliance upon CGI of the prequels. When you place the two side by side, you have two examples of extreme turd polishing, both that are an affront to the OT.

Frankly, none of this shit should have ever happened. SW was just fine as three movies.
Yes.

I like the mythology. I don't care if they use it and revisit it for movies or TV shows or video games.

Just leave that story and those characters alone. It BARELY made it out of that ridiculous ewok debacle with it's OWN credibility in tact. XD I'm done. This movie can just disappear up the cultural zeitgeist's puckered anus.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:11 PM 04-15-2019
these movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. But then again, neither are they to be removed from the timeless hero arcs and classical influences that made the originals great.
Which is why The Mandalorian looks so good.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 48
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up