ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 48
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:50 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I guess they want to be sure I don't see this on in the theater.

This whole damn Trilogy has been a joke of the lowest order. I know we have one more movie to see, but I am leaning towards voting the entire thing worse than the prequel trilogy.
The fact that they're going to redeem Ren back to a Skywalker is reason enough to fuck this thing off. And you're right; this trilogy IS worse than the prequels. The prequels were a poorly executed story. This Disney shit doesn't even know how to WRITE a fucking story.

Colossal waste of time.
[Reply]
Hawk 01:59 PM 04-12-2019
LOL at the haters. You've watched 8 movies, and now you're out on the last one? You're not going to see how this saga that has spanned you lifetime ends? Ha, whatever.

I'm definitely going to see this one and I'm pretty confident I'll be entertained.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:02 PM 04-12-2019
Saw the teaser.

Eh, whatever. They will probably kill Lando off. I don't care about Rey. Finn has been ruined. So has Poe. Ren is a complete wuss.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:10 PM 04-12-2019
It's time to boycott this trash.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
LOL at the haters. You've watched 8 movies, and now you're out on the last one? You're not going to see how this saga that has spanned you lifetime ends? Ha, whatever.

I'm definitely going to see this one and I'm pretty confident I'll be entertained.
That's the thing though - that particular saga ended in VIII.

This isn't gonna do anything more than that other than try to play up some fan servicy shit in the name of trying to ungrump some folks and hope to get them back on board for X and beyond.

My biggest problem with VIII was always that the story was missing a middle. VIII is never a movie I would've really liked for a myriad of reasons I've already explained, but it's a movie I'd have understood had it been IX.

I don't need to see 'how it ends' because the parts I care about already ended. The characters I gave a damn about are either dead or in the margins. Trying to retcon this thing into pretending that VIII didn't already effectively end the Skywalker Saga is just gonna make it the entire trilogy that mass of disorganized shit that SDH expects.

They're welcome to untie and retie loose ends as they see fit, but that does nothing but make this a rental. I'll watch it at some point, but like I said - I see no need to brave the crowds for this and can't see any way a trailer of any caliber will change my mind.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:51 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:

Pffft. Enjoy your idiotic entertainment, queerass.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:54 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
It's time to boycott this trash.
What? You don't want to watch Lando Calrissian be further emasculated by Disney?

Lando Calrissian, 1980's: Galactic Pimp

Lando Calrissian, Disney: Metrosexual Robot-Fucker.
[Reply]
Barret 04:30 PM 04-12-2019
Have you guys seen this one with the alternate ending????

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:34 PM 04-12-2019
Fitting.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:07 PM 04-12-2019
If Skywalker, Lando, Chewbacca and Palpatine are in this ...then I'm in.

If not...forget it. Characters are garbage, story writing is even worse. Solo and especially TLJ were awful movies.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:26 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If Skywalker, Lando, Chewbacca and Palpatine are in this ...then I'm in.

If not...forget it. Characters are garbage, story writing is even worse. Solo and especially TLJ were awful movies.
You'll get Lando, Chewie, and a force ghost Luke.

Also, the involvement of OT characters will be minimal as usual. Save your money or at least read the script/plot summary before wasting your time with this garbage.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 05:54 PM 04-12-2019
what's up with the hair dryer unicycle?
Attached: BBVT40l.jpg (36.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Frazod 06:06 PM 04-12-2019
Seriously, fuck these clowns and how they've shit all over Star Wars. Like Plinkett observed, the last movie was such a complete abortion that it actually made I-III look good by comparison. If all they care about is catering to betas and feminists, then I sincerely hope those are the only people who go. Plus I'll never knowingly put another dime in the pocket of Queen Cunt Kennedy.

When Disney bought Darth Lucas out I was thrilled. I thought they'd turn things around. Much like the peasants of western Russia who thought the Germans would be their liberators. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 06:09 PM 04-12-2019
Disney is capable of making good Star Wars. Rogue One was excellent and Solo was good.

I’ll do what I did when the Chiefs traded for Alex: I’ll hold onto false hope thanks to an emotional attachment to the franchise/team even though I know I’ll be disappointed in the end.

Maybe they can make 9 like the trade for Mahomes.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:45 PM 04-12-2019
The new cast flat out just sucks . I don't give a shit about any of them . Disney fucked themselves over by killing off Luke and Han . God damn it would have been cool to see them team up with Lando to do one last mission but no.

This just looks lame tbh . Jar Jar Abrams is a hack director.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 48
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up