ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 48
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Fish 11:24 AM 01-25-2019
The fight in Snoke's chamber was pretty badass. Well, up until they killed off Snoke anyway. Beyond that it was just shattered dreams, shattered dreams...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
The fight in Snoke's chamber was pretty badass. Well, up until they killed off Snoke anyway. Beyond that it was just shattered dreams, shattered dreams...
And isn't that the shit of it?

"Hey that fight scene was awesome....until they unceremoniously offed one of the few genuinely intriguing possibilities they'd developed to this point."

"But again, that ship crash scene was also pretty awesome...until you realize that they've just turned the ENTIRE star wars universe on its ear by making it possible for you to just hyperspace into pretty much anything and blow it the hell up."

Even the cool moments have some sort of twist or lack of internal logic that make THEM suck as a whole.

What a ridiculous piece of trash. And I'd imagine Clay is still trying to defend it.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:06 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
There's a vid out there that points out how Daisey Ridley completely boffed the choreography of that scene. Still a cool scene, I guess. The look of the movie was freaking amazeballs, but everything else was poop.

More food for thought - how do laser blasts bend in space over greater distances?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:28 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There's a vid out there that points out how Daisey Ridley completely boffed the choreography of that scene. Still a cool scene, I guess. The look of the movie was freaking amazeballs, but everything else was poop.

More food for thought - how do laser blasts bend in space over greater distances?
Because it's super-charged/compact plasma and not a laser beam.
[Reply]
bowener 03:41 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Because it's super-charged/compact plasma and not a laser beam.
Still wouldn't bend in space unless there is a strong enough gravitational pull. The trajectory and momentum are kept in a vacuum.

Which reminds me... WHY THE FUCK WERE THERE SPACE BOMBERS DROPPING BOMBS IN ZERO G??? HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO WORK???

edit: The stupidity of space bombers reminds me of the third act of the first GI JOE movie. They blow up an artic base or something AND THE FUCKING ICE STARTS TO SINK!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:48 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Still wouldn't bend in space unless there is a strong enough gravitational pull. The trajectory and momentum are kept in a vacuum.

Which reminds me... WHY THE FUCK WERE THERE SPACE BOMBERS DROPPING BOMBS IN ZERO G??? HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO WORK???

edit: The stupidity of space bombers reminds me of the third act of the first GI JOE movie. They blow up an artic base or something AND THE FUCKING ICE STARTS TO SINK!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:00 PM 01-25-2019
I watched this video where it was astutely pointed out that Jango Fett was blowing the piss out of an asteroid field with "smart" seismic charges 40+ years PRIOR to TLJ, yet the best the resistance can do is load 10 "rowboats"( what happened to the Y-Wings? they were older but clearly superior to the piece of shit bombers in TLJ ) with 200 "bombs" stolen from the set of "Pirates of the Caribbean", in an attempt to blow up a modern warship???

This movie was truly the dumbest and most horribly written thing in the entire franchise. I never thought 'Attack of the Clones' could be unseated for "Biggest Pile of Shit" in the SW Universe, but I'll be damned if Disney didn't succeed.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:35 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:

:-)

I heard someone way back saying "NO NO NO, they're magnetic bombs shot out magnetically!" Should have known it was going to hell in a handbasket when Poe started making mom jokes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:38 PM 01-25-2019
Expect physics to make sense in Star Wars is stupid.

It's not Star Trek.

The laws of physics bend in Star Wars to suit the storyline and what looks cool.

Shut the fuck up haters.

This nerd loved it all.

(except Rose)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:51 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Expect physics to make sense in Star Wars is stupid.

It's not Star Trek.

The laws of physics bend in Star Wars to suit the storyline and what looks cool.

Shut the fuck up haters.

This nerd loved it all.

(except Rose)
If the physics were the only thing wrong, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Every SW fan came to grips with the science being "off" long before JJ, KK, and Rian ever DREAMED of destroying a perfectly good franchise, because the characters were great and the story classic.

You're missing the point(s) entirely.

You yourself, as a fan, have speculated the ONLY plausible outcome for this current mess, the only series of events that could tie everything together and make it work.

And you don't do this for a living. That alone should tell you something about how poorly this entire enterprise has unfolded.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:17 PM 01-25-2019
I haven't speculated for shit. That's not even my theory.

I like TLJ and you crabapples are not ruining it for me.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:33 PM 01-25-2019

:-)

Look, I'm on record as saying TLJ "in and of itself" is an ok to good movie. I just think it's a ten pound turd when thrown into the order of the Skywalker saga, that's all.

Not even hating on ya; to each their own.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:49 PM 01-25-2019

Whether it was your theory or not, the point still stands.

In any event, I will respect your right to enjoy this funeral as you please.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:55 PM 01-25-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:57 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

The point doesn't really stand.

That's not the only plausible outcome.

Lots of ways they could take it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 48
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up