ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 386
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:04 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A few possible explanations:

1) The ice spear didn't explode- it pierced the dragon, which is supposedly "fire made flesh" causing the inner flame to burst outward.

2) The NK is potentially a powerful warg/greenseer like Bran (maybe that's why he was chosen by the Children) and set this trap specifically to capture a dragon.

I've got nothing to explain why he didn't target Drogon. That would have ended the series too soon, I guess.
Interesting theory. The White Walkers don't actually raise the dead. They warg the bodies. So once you kill a walker all the zombies go back to being dead.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A few possible explanations:

1) The ice spear didn't explode- it pierced the dragon, which is supposedly "fire made flesh" causing the inner flame to burst outward.

2) The NK is potentially a powerful warg/greenseer like Bran (maybe that's why he was chosen by the Children) and set this trap specifically to capture a dragon.

I've got nothing to explain why he didn't target Drogon. That would have ended the series too soon, I guess.
It was obviously a NK trap. He could have frozen the lake at any time. Why he chose to not go after the much larger and stationary dragon, we will find out later but, it was to his advantage or a part of his plan.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:05 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
lol it's just his movement and a reflection. They didn't actually "open".
I agree with this. It was a nice touch, though. I didn't notice it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:08 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It was obviously a NK trap. He could have frozen the lake at any time. Why he chose to not go after the much larger and stationary dragon, we will find out later but, it was to his advantage or a part of his plan.
He had them surrounded. Why waste soldiers when you can just wait for them to starve\freeze\dehydrate to death.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:10 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
No shit.

I guess there is a Home Depot/Lowes/Menards north of the wall?
You didn't see the Hardhome Depot?
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:13 PM 08-20-2017
How much time lapsed between Gendry sending Ravens and Danerys burning wights?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
He had them surrounded. Why waste soldiers when you can just wait for them to starve\freeze\dehydrate to death.
Maybe, I've not read or seen any spoilers this season.

Just thinking it all seemed to be a trap after it was all done. He knew or "saw" like Bran they were coming? Maybe the NK can hear what his things hear or see and was on to their plans the whole time through the captured one.

Who knows for sure?:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:17 PM 08-20-2017
I hope the Arya-Sansa plot is just a feint and Arya is playing a role to make sure that Littlefinger doesn't have a reason to believe the Stark sisters are ready to murder him.

Really, it would be fucking choice if Bran had the wherewithal to go "yo girls, Petyr totally sold our dad's ass down the river. It'd be a shame if either of you killed him while the other took his face to take control of the Vale so that they won't waver against the NK's army."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I hope the Arya-Sansa plot is just a feint and Arya is playing a role to make sure that Littlefinger doesn't have a reason to believe the Stark sisters are ready to murder him.

Really, it would be fucking choice if Bran had the wherewithal to go "yo girls, Petyr totally sold our dad's ass down the river. It'd be a shame if either of you killed him while the other took his face to take control of the Vale so that they won't waver against the NK's army."
I think Arya is playing littlefinger in a long game. She has no motive or inclination to kill Sansa unless Sansa is a traitor. Nothing we have seen would suggest that.

Arya might have already killed littlefinger and is using his face to find out something or further some kind of plan of hers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:21 PM 08-20-2017
:-) :-) :-)

Night King saw dragons flying around and started shooting like pic.twitter.com/SYqHGPXaYJ

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) August 21, 2017

[Reply]
listopencil 10:28 PM 08-20-2017
Dang, already some epic spoilers out:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:33 PM 08-20-2017
I am finally on Season 7, after watching all of Season 6 this Sat and Sun. Started series 4 wks ago.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:33 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Why not just throw ice spears at them?
[Reply]
RustShack 10:37 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think Arya is playing littlefinger in a long game. She has no motive or inclination to kill Sansa unless Sansa is a traitor. Nothing we have seen would suggest that.

Arya might have already killed littlefinger and is using his face to find out something or further some kind of plan of hers.
lol Arya hasn't killed Littlefinger yet.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:38 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Why not just throw ice spears at them?
Assuming the NK isn't a greenseer, why would he bother?

It's just a handful of douches surrounded on all sides by your army. Save being rescued by dragons, which he wouldn't have known about, there was literally no way they were going to get out of that situation alive.

Just let them die of hypothermia or starvation or wait for the ice to re-freeze so you can swarm them with minions.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 386
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up