ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 185 of 386
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:08 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It was Chekhov's Gun.
Chekhov’s dragon ballista.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:12 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Think I remember reading that the 'situation' between Headey and Flynn is so bad they can't even film scenes together.
Rumor has it they met on the show.

https://www.elitedaily.com/entertain...-bronn/2059201
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:17 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Think I remember reading that the 'situation' between Headey and Flynn is so bad they can't even film scenes together.
Actors are weird. It could also be that neither of them feel like they can fully get "into character" if they have to interact with the other between takes.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:40 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hah yeah. You’re right though. Bran will go all three eyed zen master about the whole thing.
That is my guess. Jaime will apologize and Bran will thank him for opening his third eye or some such psychobabble. Or he will just say something that makes everyone uncomfortable. Bran is so Asperger-y.
[Reply]
FAX 08:48 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Did anyone get a good enough look at the weapon design Arya gave Gendry to tell what it was? I couldn't make it out, but I'm sure it'll be something cool.
I think it was either a double-headed spear (she cut the middle part out because paper is a rare commodity in Middle-Earth) ... or, perhaps, the dreaded Elizabethan Nunchucks.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 08:51 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
That is my guess. Jaime will apologize and Bran will thank him for opening his third eye or some such psychobabble. Or he will just say something that makes everyone uncomfortable. Bran is so Asperger-y.
It would be wild if Jaime falls in battle while saving Bran.

That would be a proper end to Jaime's phenomenal character arc. (One of the best-written characters, IMHO.)

FAX
[Reply]
notorious 08:58 AM 04-15-2019
And there you go:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...134100711.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Shamelessly stealing from reddit, they clearly designed a LOT of this episode around nods to the first one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...isode/ekwudew/
:-) Holy shit thats a very Tarantino like homage to season 1. Well done for the GOT geeks to discover and talk about.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Jorah had the subtle 'you damned idiot' face when Dany was talking about how she killed Sam's family.

Seriously, Dany without advisers is a freaking idiot and politically retarded. Tywain or Littlefinger would of danced circles around her.
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I am happy we’re seeing her face the direct consequences of her decision there. Tyrion was ruthless to her about that choice and she shrugged him off with zero repercussions in Season 7.

Those consequences may be coming, for better or worse.
They obviously want us to believe that her motives are not as pure as Snow. She did free slaves, speaks about being better than her father but, they want us to know she really wants to be Queen of ALL regardless of how many eggs she needs to break to get there.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:44 AM 04-15-2019
I don't give a shit what happens to Bran at this point. He's such a buzzkill every scene he's in, the show writer's have taken any kind of semblance of emotion from him and he's just a one tone guy reading a script and their only reason for this is now he's the three eyed raven! Jon gets back and is like "Great to see you! You're a man!" and he's like "Half a man!" Not even a smirk that he's not a robot, I'd half expect him to literally emote out the words "Hah, hah, hah." after that line. Then Daenarys is being a cordial guest and introducing herself to everyone and he's like "There's no time! Your dragon is now in the hands of the Night King and he's on his way and we're all going to die!" I'm just thinking you couldn't wait until you were in private to share these details like right after this exchange....? He kills every scene he's in, and not in a good way at all. I cared more about Jojen, Meera, and definitely Hodor than I ever will about Bran. This morning on The Border Patrol, Stephen St. John read a tweet from a fan saying that, "Jamie should've gone over to Bran at the end of the episode and knocked him out of his wheelchair." That made me laugh and started my day off on a good note.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:53 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I don't give a shit what happens to Bran at this point. He's such a buzzkill every scene he's in, the show writer's have taken any kind of semblance of emotion from him and he's just a one tone guy reading a script and their only reason for this is now he's the three eyed raven! Jon gets back and is like "Great to see you! You're a man!" and he's like "Half a man!" Not even a smirk that he's not a robot, I'd half expect him to literally emote out the words "Hah, hah, hah." after that line. Then Daenarys is being a cordial guest and introducing herself to everyone and he's like "There's no time! Your dragon is now in the hands of the Night King and he's on his way and we're all going to die!" I'm just thinking you couldn't wait until you were in private to share these details like right after this exchange....? He kills every scene he's in, and not in a good way at all. I cared more about Jojen, Meera, and definitely Hodor than I ever will about Bran. This morning on The Border Patrol, Stephen St. John read a tweet from a fan saying that, "Jamie should've gone over to Bran at the end of the episode and knocked him out of his wheelchair." That made me laugh and started my day off on a good note.
I liked the scene when he interrupted the pissing match between Daenarys and Sansa, personlly.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That would make sense. I don't necessarily see Arya slugging it out atop a pile of bodies on the battlefield ala BotB. Not saying she couldn't, but I'm more curious to see how her unique skill sets play out in this upcoming epic battle as she's sure to be impactful.
Your not winning against the dead by killing all their zombies. You have to kill the Night King. You kill the Night King, they all return to dead things. Obviously, he can see the future like Bran. So how do you sneak up on him to make the kill shot? Arya changing into one of his captains going to fool him? Bran distract him and Arya getting close enough? No way that weapon she asked to be made isn't something that's going to be crucial.

Also are the faceless men and the Iron Bank going to set this one out? The dead conquer Westeros, you don't think they will cross the sea?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Your not winning against the dead by killing all their zombies. You have to kill the Night King. You kill the Night King, they all return to dead things. Obviously, he can see the future like Bran. So how do you sneak up on him to make the kill shot? Arya changing into one of his captains going to fool him? Bran distract him and Arya getting close enough? No way that weapon she asked to be made isn't something that's going to be crucial.

Also are the faceless men and the Iron Bank going to set this one out? The dead conquer Westeros, you don't think they will cross the sea?
How exactly are the dead crossing the sea?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How exactly are the dead crossing the sea?
On boats? They got Zombie giants, dragons etc but a zombie sea captains to pilot the boats is too far fetched to transport the army?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:02 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Iron Bank sent the Golden Company to Kings' Landing.
[Reply]
Page 185 of 386
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Up