ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 64
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
Rausch 10:13 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I read somewhere that Hugh Jackman might be in Infinity War: Part II
No.

I feel confident in that (only in the aspect that I'm following the Fox/Disney merger and a complete comix nerd.)
[Reply]
Rausch 10:15 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I have also read somewhere that they could just be adding those in the trailers to throw the fans off as well.
JMO but I think Thanos ruining planet Nova will be a flashback...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:31 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think this is the way they'll go.

In the comics, a character named Patriot was given a blood transfusion from his grandfather who was like the original super soldier and that's how he (Patriot) got his powers. So there's precedence.
Yep - and they can easily explain away any leaps of logic with this. "Shuri, they tried taking transfusing Cap's blood in the 50's. It's one in a million. The people who tried it all died."

Shuri: "If we do nothing, Sam dies anyway, and everything is lost."

Yada yada, a much better writer can concoct a stronger scene with that basic premise - especially if Cap and Tony have already eaten it at this point and Sam's clinging to his life.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:59 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Or they use Captain America's blood to heal Falcon on his deathbed. There are ways to make it work. All are very comic book.
I have to admit that I like the MCU Falcon 100x more than the comix version. I think he'd be worthy of passing the torch...er...shield to.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:03 AM 04-16-2018
Also it appears that FOX/MARVEL/DIS deal should be complete by late spring to late summer 2019. No link, it was on some youtube nerd-cast.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:03 PM 04-16-2018

The first official MCU novel, "Thanos - Titan Consumed," which will tell the origin story of Thanos, has just been announced and will release in November! https://t.co/j5Oj438nCB pic.twitter.com/ryERUGXDmv

— MCU News & Tweets (@MCU_Tweets) April 16, 2018

[Reply]
Valiant 09:33 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
No.

I feel confident in that (only in the aspect that I'm following the Fox/Disney merger and a complete comix nerd.)
I think they show up in the end credits as their earth merged with ours. Now we have mutants and the fantastic four.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:18 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I think they show up in the end credits as their earth merged with ours. Now we have mutants and the fantastic four.
The whole "Earths merged and X-Men" thing I can agree with. I think that's the plan as hush-hush as they are about the future of the MCU.

I just don't see Jackman having anything to do with it at first...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:43 AM 04-19-2018
They have to pivot to achieve longevity. There are tons of storylines they can still take the Avengers on, and individual characters through, but the storylines that'll be worthy of a $1 billion box office receipt or more are fading. Introduce the Xmen origin and focus on that whole side of things, with cameos from the Avengers before the individual actors hang it up. If they're going to introduce the Xmen eventually, I think that if they do introduce Wolverine in Infinity War Part 2, they'll just get the recasted Wolverine, not Jackman, so they can have continuity. They're probably already doing secret preliminary casting for who'll make up the Xmen team.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:52 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
They have to pivot to achieve longevity. There are tons of storylines they can still take the Avengers on, and individual characters through, but the storylines that'll be worthy of a $1 billion box office receipt or more are fading. Introduce the Xmen origin and focus on that whole side of things, with cameos from the Avengers before the individual actors hang it up. If they're going to introduce the Xmen eventually, I think that if they do introduce Wolverine in Infinity War Part 2, they'll just get the recasted Wolverine, not Jackman, so they can have continuity. They're probably already doing secret preliminary casting for who'll make up the Xmen team.
Keep in mind that once the deal is done they have access to all Fox properties. Any clip from any X-Men/F4 history.

They could use clips from old X-Men movies (much like how they would show cerebro) to make a collage of colliding worlds in IW2.

Just that would make the nerds splooge. Just a hint that these worlds are all coming together would be enough...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Jackman has said he is done with Wolverine. Not even a cameo. Of course they can throw a % of the gross at him, he may change his mind. But, he is already filthy rich and famous. The superhero thing is not what he really is, he's more of a Broadway guy. When your rich and famous, people usually do what they love. They will recast that role.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:19 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jackman has said he is done with Wolverine. Not even a cameo. Of course they can throw a % of the gross at him, he may change his mind. But, he is already filthy rich and famous. The superhero thing is not what he really is, he's more of a Broadway guy. When your rich and famous, people usually do what they love. They will recast that role.
Yeah I think he loves how his story ended too. Hopefully the replacement will be liked
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:15 PM 04-19-2018
Vision is getting ready!

[Reply]
Rausch 01:08 PM 04-19-2018
Hard to believe as a 41 year old man I'll be smiling and taking my kids and grnd-kids to this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:10 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Hard to believe as a 41 year old man I'll be smiling and taking my kids and grnd-kids to this.
My 7 year old daughters want to go SOOOOO bad but I'm not sure if it would be too harsh for them or not.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 64
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up