ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 45
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear

I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:05 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
House on Haunted Hill came highly recommended to me - I'd not yet seen it but I plan too!! I agree on VP, I've seen many of his movies - Unfortunately I was very young and couldn't name many of them.
Please don't watch the remake of HoHH it ruins it really. HoHH is my favorite haunted movie by Vincent Price and he is my favorite horror movie actor.

My favorite director is Alfred Hitchcock and my favorite movie is The Birds.

I also have Vertico I was enthralled to the end and the ending had a suspenseful twist I was like oh wow.

And I have a two disk three movie set of some of his earlier work one Murderer is quite intriguing and also unrespecting ending. I have yet to see the other two Sabotage and Jamaican Inn I am saving to watch them on Halloween. I plan watch a lot of horror movies on Halloween all night long.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:44 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

And I have a two disk three movie set of some of his earlier work one Murderer is quite intriguing and also unrespecting ending. I have yet to see the other two Sabotage and Jamaican Inn I am saving to watch them on Halloween. I plan watch a lot of horror movies on Halloween all night long.
I love to do that! I watch horror films almost nightly - sometimes i worry about myself! :-) - right now I'm just starting Stigmata from 1999
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:58 PM 10-28-2016
I love to do that! I watch horror films almost nightly - sometimes i worry about myself! :-) - right now I'm just starting Stigmata from 1999
If it wasn't for playing Dying Light and Dying Light the Following about every night I'd be watching scary movies every night. I just happen to enjoy killing Zombies a lot and keep from getting killed myself. That ending was about as good of a horror flick as I've ever seen too. That bitch 'Mother' was a bitch to beat. I was like stay down bitch! Stay down bitch! Still fun playing it because it's like living in a movie.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:01 AM 10-29-2016
If it wasn't for playing Dying Light and Dying Light the Following about every night I'd be watching scary movies every night. I just happen to enjoy killing Zombies a lot and keep from getting killed myself. That ending was about as good of a horror flick as I've ever seen too. That bitch 'Mother' was a bitch to beat. I was like stay down bitch! Stay down bitch! Still fun playing it because it's like living in a movie.
yeah I miss Dying Light. I never played The Following - but i did a walkthrough on Youtube because I had to see what it was all about.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:04 AM 10-29-2016
yeah I miss Dying Light. I never played The Following - but i did a walkthrough on Youtube because I had to see what it was all about.
Running over zombies in a dune buggy with electrifying grill is the greatest thing since blowing up a Gremlin in a microwave.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:43 AM 10-29-2016
This Dying Light sounds intriguing
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:47 AM 10-29-2016
Running over zombies in a dune buggy with electrifying grill is the greatest thing since blowing up a Gremlin in a microwave.
I imagine!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:47 AM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
This Dying Light sounds intriguing
It's a game for XBox one
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:52 AM 10-29-2016
It's a game for XBox one
Oh no it's on PS4 also.

Days Gone looks good and it will be out early 2017 on PS4
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:57 AM 10-29-2016
It's a game for XBox one
Was curious if it was PS4 but tattoo answered. Back to the movies, don't wanna get OT.

Ever watch Dead and Breakfast?
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:05 AM 10-29-2016
Oh no it's on PS4 also.
well yeah that too.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:07 AM 10-29-2016
Was curious if it was PS4 but tattoo answered. Back to the movies, don't wanna get OT.

Ever watch Dead and Breakfast?
No :-) - I will have to check it out!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:08 AM 10-29-2016
No :-) - I will have to check it out!
STARRING....Jeffrey Dean Morgan :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:17 AM 10-29-2016
STARRING....Jeffrey Dean Morgan :-)
I like him
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:45 AM 10-29-2016
I have yet to see the other two Sabotage and Jamaican Inn I am saving to watch them on Halloween.

I think you may be disappointed if you save those two for a special occasion. "Sabotage" is ok and it's fun to see how cute the old lady from Beetlejuice used to be...

... but Jamaica Inn is really bad. On paper it should be amazing: the source book by Daphne Du Maurier is a pretty good potboiler with a lot of atmosphere, Charles Laughton was at his peak, and Maureen O'Hara was beautiful, but none of it comes together. It's terrible. What makes it even more surprising is that Hichcock was able to make the somewhat similar movie "Rebecca" into a classic just a year or two later.

There is a made for tv version of "Jamaica Inn" from 1983 that is much better, imo. It stars Jane Seymour and Patrick McGoohan.

Have you watched any episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" of "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour"?
Those may make some good Halloween viewing.

A few good episodes off the top of my head:

Alfred Hitchcock Presents:

Revenge
Where Beauty Lies
Specialty of the House
Man from the South
No Pain
Apex
Poison
A Man with a Problem
The Right Kind of House
None are So Blind