ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear

I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:21 PM 10-26-2016
I LOVE this one Mennonite!
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:26 PM 10-26-2016
Fatally wounded GI Joe killed by an ex soldier. Holy Shit!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:42 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
not so much - I know it's very popular though in a cult following sort of way.
I have vague remembering of a few strange cult movies from back in the day...I believe one was called The Gate. Edit: Yes The Gate. Late 80s. Doesn't hold up well :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:42 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I have vague remembering of a few strange cult movies from back in the day...I believe one was called The Gate. Edit: Yes The Gate. Late 80s. Doesn't hold up well :-)
I will look it up!
[Reply]
lcarus 09:47 AM 10-27-2016
heck the remake of #1 was tough to watch.
It was, but for the sequel they really ramped it up several notches. Of course you know the girl is gonna survive and go on a bloody revenge rampage. The scary part about it is that kind of thing really happens to people. There are actually sick, sadistic fucks out there in the world doing that to people.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:53 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It was, but for the sequel they really ramped it up several notches. Of course you know the girl is gonna survive and go on a bloody revenge rampage. The scary part about it is that kind of thing really happens to people. There are actually sick, sadistic ****s out there in the world doing that to people.
I know! I've seen enough documentaries about the deep web to know. It's really sad.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:54 AM 10-27-2016
BTW I LOVED WNUF - I wish there were more of that sort of thing! Loved the retro commercials!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:29 PM 10-27-2016
I will look it up!
Stranger things ripped off alot from that movie
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:23 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Stranger things ripped off alot from that movie
I don't doubt that - surprisingly I wasn't a Stranger Things fan - aside from the vintage feel.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:16 PM 10-27-2016
The Gate was a good horror movie for kids. It's in the same vein as the original Gremlins, The Monster Squad, Witches, and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:55 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
A couple of fairly well known ones here, but always worth a rewatch:

Maniac (1980)

and the horror comedy classic

Return of the Living Dead (1985)

Here are a couple of very NSFW gifs of Linnea Quigley as "Trash"

Image: Not Safe for Work

Image: Not Safe for Work

I have the original Maniac (1934) I think it's great I also have original House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price I liked that one but hated the remake. I love the original horror movies but remakes notsomuch.

Also those are nice gifs thank you for posting them for our better understanding for the movie very kind of you.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:03 AM 10-28-2016
Have you seen the Rifftrax version of the original House on Haunted Hill? It's hilarious.

I agree about the remake by the way.

Vincent Price was the man.

My Top Ten Favorite Vincent Price Movies:

The Last Man on Earth (1964)

The best version of Richard Matheson's classic "I Am Legend." This should be as highly regarded as The Night of the Living Dead imo. They are very similar films in many ways.

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

Price made several movies with Roger Corman that were loosely based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. This is my favorite. Unlike most of Corman's movies, this one never feels limited by its budget. The colors are lush and vibrant, Price is excellent as the black hearted Prince Prospero, and Corman does an excellent job of blending a couple of Poe's stories into one low budget masterpiece.

Theatre of Blood (1973)

One of my favorite horror comedies. Price really hams it up. He looks like he's having a ball acting out his character's Shakespearean themed revenge plot.

House of Wax (1953)

The film that turned Price into a horror icon. The first color 3-D feature from a major American studio.

The Tingler (1959)

Schlock, but damn fun. It had to have been an absolute blast to watch this in the theater with all of William Castle's gimmicks.

The Fly (1958)

Another classic. I was really creeped out by the ending as a kid. It isn't gory or anything, but there is something... terrible... about it. There are very few horror movies that are actually horrifying. This one is to me. It will probably just be corny to most of you though.

Pit and the Pendulum (1961)

Another great Corman/Price Poe movie. This one features scream queen Barbara Steele.

An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe (1970)

From the eight movies he made based on his writings it's obvious Price had a love for Poe's stories. This is the culmination of that, as Price does a one man show of four of Poe's most famous stories.

Witchfinder General (1968)

Of all the bad guys Price played, Matthew Hopkins is easily the most evil.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:07 AM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Have you seen the Rifftrax version of the original House on Haunted Hill? It's hilarious.

I agree about the remake by the way.

Vincent Price was the man.

My Top Ten Favorite Vincent Price Movies:

The Last Man on Earth (1964)

The best version of Richard Matheson's classic "I Am Legend." This should be as highly regarded as The Night of the Living Dead imo. They are very similar films in many ways.

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

Price made several movies with Roger Corman that were loosely based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. This is my favorite. Unlike most of Corman's movies, this one never feels limited by its budget. The colors are lush and vibrant, Price is excellent as the black hearted Prince Prospero, and Corman does an excellent job of blending a couple of Poe's stories into one low budget masterpiece.

Theatre of Blood (1973)

One of my favorite horror comedies. Price really hams it up. He looks like he's having a ball acting out his character's Shakespearean themed revenge plot.

House of Wax (1953)

The film that turned Price into a horror icon. The first color 3-D feature from a major American studio.

The Tingler (1959)

Schlock, but damn fun. It had to have been an absolute blast to watch this in the theater with all of William Castle's gimmicks.

The Fly (1958)

Another classic. I was really creeped out by the ending as a kid. It isn't gory or anything, but there is something... terrible... about it. There are very few horror movies that are actually horrifying. This one is to me. It will probably just be corny to most of you though.

Pit and the Pendulum (1961)

Another great Corman/Price Poe movie. This one features scream queen Barbara Steele.

An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe (1970)

From the eight movies he made based on his writings it's obvious Price had a love for Poe's stories. This is the culmination of that, as Price does a one man show of four of Poe's most famous stories.

Witchfinder General (1968)

Of all the bad guys Price played, Matthew Hopkins is easily the most evil.

House on Haunted Hill came highly recommended to me - I'd not yet seen it but I plan too!! I agree on VP, I've seen many of his movies - Unfortunately I was very young and couldn't name many of them.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:44 AM 10-28-2016

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:28 PM 10-28-2016

[Reply]
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up