ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CEH on Sunday
ljmhawk 11:10 AM 01-26-2021
anyone know why he played so little? don’t remember seeing him at all in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:43 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
His performance as a receiving option wasn't quite what I was expecting but some of that could be chalked up to the COVID FUBARed off season.
Certainly possible. I pulled YPT rather than YPC since I think that's a better metric to really understand performance when given a chance, but Clyde's YPT definitely suffers due to his low catch %. He's been pretty solid when he gets in space - he's just dropped it a lot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:43 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Obviously OL quality makes a big difference here, so it's probably not fair to compare them all directly, but it's just not obvious to me that Clyde has been much better than our typical starting RB.
No Rookie Minicamp, no team minicamp and no OTA's definitely affected his performance this year.

I think that one full offseason in their training program, coupled with more coaching from Deland McCullough, will make a huge difference in 2021.

Look no further than the huge leap made by Darrel Williams from 2019 to 2020.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:46 PM 01-26-2021
I do like him

But he seems to be a feast or famine type of back when he plays.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:05 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
What position is easier to find outside of early rounds of the draft, a RB or a TE?
I'm not arguing that we should have went with an offensive lineman in round one last year. To be honest, I wanted a corner, which after seeing what they got in Snead would have been a unnecessary investment (seriously, I can't believe how good our secondary is with the minimal investment there). There were a ton of WR at that spot, but I might have went with Epenesa (Iowa Homer). The point I'm making is that had we drafted a RB later MAYBE we could have filled a big need we currently have at WR or DE.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:05 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chiefs, LITERALLY, spent a third-rounder on the O-Line. I know that's not the second round as you'd prefer, but it certainly seems in line with the spirit.

Which guy did you want instead of CEH? Ruiz? Cushenberry? Those were the names bandied about the most on here.
I'm not arguing that we should have went with an offensive lineman in round one last year. To be honest, I wanted a corner, which after seeing what they got in Snead would have been a unnecessary investment (seriously, I can't believe how good our secondary is with the minimal investment there). There were a ton of WR at that spot, but I might have went with Epenesa (Iowa Homer). The point I'm making is that had we drafted a RB later MAYBE we could have filled a big need we currently have at WR or DE.
[Reply]
O.city 04:42 PM 01-26-2021
It looks like you can find both outside the first, which was my point.

I'm curious why you didn't answer my question, though.
Just because you can find a certain position outside the top of the draft, doesn't mean you should depend on that breaking that way.

Every year we see, over and over, RB's found everywhere. Occasionally, you'll find that with other positions. Not nearly at the same rate.
[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I kind of wanted to fact check myself regarding perceptions of Clyde's performance this year, so I pulled a few key stats for our leading RBs (plus Darrel this year just for fun) over the years. There's not a clear answer to the debate or anything, but here it is just in case anyone else cares:

Obviously OL quality makes a big difference here, so it's probably not fair to compare them all directly, but it's just not obvious to me that Clyde has been much better than our typical starting RB.

Again, it is what it is, and I'm not all that concerned about it. I think we'll always wonder about it a bit, though, unless he has a breakout year like Kareem or Jamaal did.
But if quality of the OL makes such a difference in the RB production, doesn't that speak to the importance?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:47 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He ran 4.72 and 4.73 at The Combine and 4.61 at his LSU Pro Day

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=28282
lol he deleted the tweet too.

Man if only everyone ran as fast as they claim when the were younger haha.

If I had a dollar for every old guy on the basketball court like me claiming they used to get rim with ease
[Reply]
O.city 04:53 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No Rookie Minicamp, no team minicamp and no OTA's definitely affected his performance this year.

I think that one full offseason in their training program, coupled with more coaching from Deland McCullough, will make a huge difference in 2021.

Look no further than the huge leap made by Darrel Williams from 2019 to 2020.
It will definitely help him.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:00 PM 01-26-2021
Clyde is probably open a lot, but Mahomes isn't going to check it down a lot when he has Kelce and Hill.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:01 PM 01-26-2021
It will help him a ton in the passing game too. That’s a whole section of his skillset waiting to be used.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:05 PM 01-26-2021
The Chiefs, LITERALLY, spent a third-rounder on the O-Line. I know that's not the second round as you'd prefer, but it certainly seems in line with the spirit.

Which guy did you want instead of CEH? Ruiz? Cushenberry? Those were the names bandied about the most on here.
Thank God we didn't take Ruiz.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:24 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Clyde is probably open a lot, but Mahomes isn't going to check it down a lot when he has Kelce and Hill.
you know how many times I am expecting a swing pass and mahomes riffles one for a 25 yard gain in traffic he is goat
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:34 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thank God we didn't take Ruiz.
I think Cushenberry is worse.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:45 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
This is actually very true. Go watch any game and You'll see RBs wide open, but Patrick opts to go down field or extend the play trying to wait for someone to get open. He's basically the opposite of a check-down QB. Same goes for WRs/TEs that run short 'check-down' type routes. Watched a clip the other day, and noticed that Watkins/DRob/Pringle were open several times, and I mean wide open, no one within 10 yards of him, but Patrick threw downfield instead, even when Sammy/whoever had obvious 1st down yardage.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up