ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 138
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s the law of averages.

Veach’s first draft-awful
Veach’s second draft-solid
Veach’s third draft-excellent. potentially outstanding

I think you’ll see something similar to his second draft. Again, it is REALLY hard to do what he did last Spring
This is silly. Last years draft, more or less the 2 before it, have no impact on the quality of this one.

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but it doesn’t actually mean anything. Like at all.

Not to mention we didn’t even have a 1st round pick those first 2 years versus having 1 this year along with 7 picks in the first 5 rounds.

We have plenty of lottery tickets in a draft where a strong scouting department should really shine. I’m not just going to assume the best they can do is solid because of “law of averages”.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:15 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Regardless of your thoughts on FA, alot of close calls with us not being chosen, kinda worrisome that Patrick isn't the draw that we were all hoping he would be.
Money is always going to be the top draw, but usually it's guys looking for their 1 big deal. This year we got a few guys getting paid and everyone else deciding they'd rather try again next year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:16 AM 03-22-2021
Regardless of your thoughts on FA, alot of close calls with us not being chosen, kinda worrisome that Patrick isn't the draw that we were all hoping he would be.
He still is the draw. Just a lot of short sighted dummies this year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:22 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-).
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is silly. Last years draft, more or less the 2 before it, have no impact on the quality of this one.

I understand the point you’re trying to make, but it doesn’t actually mean anything. Like at all.

Not to mention we didn’t even have a 1st round pick those first 2 years versus having 1 this year along with 7 picks in the first 5 rounds.

We have plenty of lottery tickets in a draft where a strong scouting department should really shine. I’m not just going to assume the best they can do is solid because of “law of averages”.
The law of averages says we aren’t going to find the players they did at the frequency they did last year.

They got 2 legit top 10 players at their position in the top 4 rds, an excellent rotational player, an outstanding undrafted player who was tops for his position among rookies and 2 other guys with potential to be solid players.

That shit is hard. There’s going to be a Khalen Saunders or Dorian O’Daniels in there.

Matching last years draft is not something people should expect. That draft could be the best rookie class we’ve had in my life as a fan.
[Reply]
-King- 10:44 AM 03-22-2021
People like to lie to themselves and act like money isn't the biggest motivator to people in general, not just football players. Unless you're at the end of your career, playing with a particular QB or team isn't necessarily the most important thing to you.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 03-22-2021
The law of averages says we aren’t going to find the players they did at the frequency they did last year.

They got 2 legit top 10 players at their position in the top 4 rds, an excellent rotational player, an outstanding undrafted player who was tops for his position among rookies and 2 other guys with potential to be solid players.

That shit is hard. There’s going to be a Khalen Saunders or Dorian O’Daniels in there.

Matching last years draft is not something people should expect. That draft could be the best rookie class we’ve had in my life as a fan.
1. Nobody is expecting to duplicate what we did last year. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a great draft.

2. There’s a big difference between last year and 2019, more or less 2018. It’s entirely possible that this will be Veach’s 2nd best draft. Especially when you consider all of the picks he has to work with in comparison to those first 2.

3. The “law of averages” doesn’t have any real impact on the quality of our draft. Our scouting department and Veach’s decision making will.

4. You were the one that started all of this off by saying “Goddamn Veach just nailed that rookie class. Keep doing that and nothing else matters” :-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:52 AM 03-22-2021

I think you're massively over valuing last year's draft.

I'd easily take the 2008 draft, even with Dorsey being a relative bust at the top. Branden Albert, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Flowers, and Brandon Carr is hard to beat IMO.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:52 AM 03-22-2021

how many new coaches, with new systems and new player profiles they're looking for with new front offices trying to hit the ground running are there?

I think you can put them at an immediate disadvantage with no real combine and a weird pseudo 2020 season.

Teams with intact front offices and scouting departments let alone offensive and defensive systems are going to be a big advantage this year.

also-I think Khalen Saunders will be fine. I think he was caught in a numbers game and Tershawn was such a pleasant surprise that he was odd man out in what was probably the deepest position group on the team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 03-22-2021
I'm absolutely expecting to have an excellent draft.

Everything is in place for it, other than picking #31 in each round.

I expect our continuity and quality scouting to pay real dividends.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 03-22-2021
1. Nobody is expecting to duplicate what we did last year.

It doesn’t have to be quite as good as last years.

But I don’t agree that he can’t do something similar.

[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:57 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I agree, with the assumption that we're able to add guys like Okung, Ingram, Williams (CB), and Hilton. Do that and we have enough depth/competition at key positions that we don't have to reach for just about anyone. There are obviously certain positional needs that need to be addressed sooner than later, but getting Okung for example means being able to get a tackle in R2 or R3 instead of currently where it's almost an absolute must to trade up for one.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:59 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I think we can have a good draft too but last years rookie class was excellent and could be (I think it will be) amazing if Gay and Niang are what we think they are.

It could truly be a transformative draft
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 03-22-2021
Do you know the difference between “expecting” and saying something is possible.

Do you know what the word “similar” means as well? I literally said right before that that it doesn’t have to be “quite as good” as last years to be a great draft.

Good fucking god you’ve been a fucking moron lately.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:01 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
People like to lie to themselves and act like money isn't the biggest motivator to people in general, not just football players. Unless you're at the end of your career, playing with a particular QB or team isn't necessarily the most important thing to you.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 138
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up