ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 138
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
-King- 09:53 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Guys I think we may downplay the jealousy/bitterness some of these players around the league may have for Pat?? Remember it's the players who have picked Pat at fourth in the rankings for two years!!..as much as we all thought it would be logical to assume guys would want to be around greatness...sometimes envy can get in the way...just something to ponder moving forward.
:-).
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:55 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

FUCK!
Originally Posted by -King-:

What's the point of all this cap space if we can't use it to close deals? Do they really think Mahomes can sweet talk everyone into coming?
What a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
-King- 09:55 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Let's not forget that JuJu also turned down more money from Baltimore. It definitely wasn't just a KC issue.
They offered $9mil guaranteed plus incentives. Would you as a wide receiver want to play with Lamar Jackson for just 1 more mil guaranteed? The best season any WR on the Ravens has had since he's been QB is 769 yards :-). That's the very best year for a WR there.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:57 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That narrative is still true... the Chiefs have lost out on some of their free agent targets this offseason due to unique circumstances in each situation.

Trent Williams received a ridiculous/record breaking contract from the 49ers and he also has strong loyalty to Kyle Shanahan.

Rodney Hudson was traded against his wishes (he wanted to be released) to Arizona.

And Ju Ju wanted to stay in Pittsburgh and play with Rapelesthiberger for some reason.
He caught 100 balls there, the odds his production would do anything but go down elsewhere..yea. JuJu stayed there because it was a safe thing to do to try again next year.

Guys signing prove it deals want to know they're getting targets, not be in the well you could but you're going to be 3 at best.

For some of these guys it was gonna have to be above market for multiple years to get them here.

While all that is true it makes the Chiefs look like they are striking out in FA.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:57 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
They offered $9mil guaranteed plus incentives. Would you as a wide receiver want to play with Lamar Jackson for just 1 more mil guaranteed? The best season any WR on the Ravens has had since he's been QB is 769 yards :-). That's the very best year for a WR there.
That and I’m not sure he wanted to play against his former team twice a year. It sounds like he loves Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:58 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. They're worried about production in this offense because of Hill and Kelce IMO.
Well Reynolds is a moron. To think he's going to have more production in a run first offense than in a pass heavy offense with the best QB in the league is just....STUUUUUPID.

Watch what happens when the sudden wheels fall off a big, heavily used RB and the Titans cant just P/A everyone to death anymore.

Lets see how many targets and receptions he gets then. Idiot.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:58 AM 03-22-2021
Peter King said if Hudson was released and not traded, he would be snapping to Mahomes as the Chiefs were ready to pay more than the cardinals did
[Reply]
Mecca 09:59 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What a fucking idiot.
He has more guaranteed targets there...they lost a starting WR and TE.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:00 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He has more guaranteed targets there...they lost a starting WR and TE.
He MIGHT get more guaranteed targets there. MIGHT.

I'd take my chances with the team that no matter what, is throwing the ball. And has a Qb that can actually get the ball to you. Whomoever the #2 WR is, he's just a pulled Tyreek Hammy away from getting the bulk of the work, and with a healthy Tyreek, he'd still be seeing a grip of 1v1's.

It's a dumb, short sighted decision no matter how you slice it.

But fuggem, SOMEONE will be getting those targets.

I aint mad. Just laughing at the stupidity.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:00 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly why I’m not freaking out about anything until AFTER the draft. People have no patience. Let the man cook.
Yes but the odds of him having as good of a rookie class as next year are...not great.

It’s the law of averages. That’s extremely difficult to accomplish.

Hopefully a really good player and 2 contributors this year. That’s my bar.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes but the odds of him having as good of a rookie class as next year are...not great.

It’s the law of averages. That’s extremely difficult to accomplish.

Hopefully a really good player and 2 contributors this year. That’s my bar.
It doesn’t have to be quite as good as last years.

But I don’t agree that he can’t do something similar. We have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds. Not to mention this is a unique draft where a great scouting department can really shine.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 03-22-2021
Expecting a rookie WR to come in and start is alot for this offense.

That might play in too, no one is going to want to learn an overly complicated playbook in a 1 year prove it deal.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Expecting a rookie WR to come in and start is alot for this offense.

That might play in too, no one is going to want to learn an overly complicated playbook in a 1 year prove it deal.
Who said they have to start day 1?

We’ll be fine early on. The hope is that they can be ready to contribute down the stretch.

Tyreek and Hardman both had 500+ yards and contributed their rookie seasons. Both were raw as shit and still learning the position more or less the offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It doesn’t have to be quite as good as last years.

But I don’t agree that he can’t do something similar. We have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds. Not to mention this is a unique draft where a great scouting department can really shine.
It’s the law of averages.

Veach’s first draft-awful
Veach’s second draft-solid
Veach’s third draft-excellent. potentially outstanding

I think you’ll see something similar to his second draft. Again, it is REALLY hard to do what he did last Spring
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:12 AM 03-22-2021
Regardless of your thoughts on FA, alot of close calls with us not being chosen, kinda worrisome that Patrick isn't the draw that we were all hoping he would be.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 138
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up