ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
The Lounge>Xavien Howard?
Titty Meat 09:35 AM 01-30-2019
Welcome to the off season. Get it done Veach!


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-trade-rumors/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. Mullen for example has more upside, but not enough to make up for the difference in floors.
I guess if I had to nitpick, he seems a little on the small side to me but he's built well and is very fluid in his play.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:40 AM 01-30-2019
Tag and trade Ford for a 2nd round pick and 2020 pick.
Houston takes a pay cut.
Trade a 2nd to the Vikings for Trae Waynes.
Draft Nassir Adderley at the bottom of the 1st round.
Draft Oshane Ximines, DE and Amani Oruwariye, CB in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Tag and trade Ford for a 2nd round pick and 2020 pick.
Houston takes a pay cut.
Trade a 2nd to the Vikings for Trae Waynes.
Draft Nassir Adderley at the bottom of the 1st round.
Draft Oshane Ximines, DE and Amani Oruwariye, CB in the 2nd round.
That would be awesome. I'm not sure Oruwariye lasts that long though.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not going to have anywhere close to that type of money.
Why do you think that?

According to OTC, KC has 36m to play with if we donít cut/restructure anyone.

The first year cap hit for Kyle Fuller (signed for 14m per) was 6.5m.

Harrison Smiths first year cap hit was 10m and heís similar in age to Earl.

Veach is going to go all in this offseason.

By the time the bigger $ years kick in, Berry and Houston will be gone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That would be awesome. I'm not sure Oruwariye lasts that long though.
Yeah...he'll probably go higher than that. Until then....I'll continue to dream about having a defense where I can't pronounce a player's name.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why do you think that?

According to OTC, KC has 36m to play with if we donít cut/restructure anyone.

The first year cap hit for Kyle Fuller (signed for 14m per) was 6.5m.

Harrison Smiths first year cap hit was 10m and heís similar in age to Earl.

Veach is going to go all in this offseason.

By the time the bigger $ years kick in, Berry and Houston will be gone.
I could go into all the math but it's easier to just say this:

Howard wants to be the highest paid CB in the game. Acquiring him and doing everything else you want to do isn't going to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I could go into all the math but it's easier to just say this:

Howard wants to be the highest paid CB in the game. Acquiring him and doing everything else you want to do isn't going to happen.
And that's the rub. A bunch of us want to trade for Howard...or Ramsey...or Peterson. Two of those are going to require a new deal and the other one is going to get here and already be getting paid a bunch of money.
[Reply]
Showtime 11:56 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why do you think that?

According to OTC, KC has 36m to play with if we donít cut/restructure anyone.

The first year cap hit for Kyle Fuller (signed for 14m per) was 6.5m.

Harrison Smiths first year cap hit was 10m and heís similar in age to Earl.

Veach is going to go all in this offseason.

By the time the bigger $ years kick in, Berry and Houston will be gone.
Chiefs have around 24m not 36 that 36 number is before any 2018 year end Bonuses kick in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Chiefs have around 24m not 36 that 36 number is before any 2018 year end Bonuses kick in.
$14M of which will be tied up in Ford until he's traded or signed. There's a very good chance neither happens, at least not quickly, so now they have $10M.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:03 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I could go into all the math but it's easier to just say this:

Howard wants to be the highest paid CB in the game. Acquiring him and doing everything else you want to do isn't going to happen.
Some of you really underestimate how far cap dollars go and how Reid/Veach look at 3 year windows in terms of the cap. KC uses signing bonuses to lower the first year cap hit significantly and they tried to sign Kyle Fuller last year and also tried trading for Landon Collins during the season.

You are underestimating the significance of the moves Veach is going to make to bolster this roster.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:05 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Chiefs have around 24m not 36 that 36 number is before any 2018 year end Bonuses kick in.
Thatís also before anything is done with current contracts.
[Reply]
Showtime 12:08 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Thatís also before anything is done with current contracts.
True
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 01-30-2019
Cutting Sorensen, Ragland and Murray saves $3.5 million.
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And that's the rub. A bunch of us want to trade for Howard...or Ramsey...or Peterson. Two of those are going to require a new deal and the other one is going to get here and already be getting paid a bunch of money.
If I traded for Ramsey, I wouldn't worry about a long term deal for a while.

You'd have him for a year on his current deal, the 5th year option, then a tag.

Then you could let him walk and get the pick for him or tag and trade him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:15 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That would be awesome. I'm not sure Oruwariye lasts that long though.
Apparently he had a subpar Senior Bowl week, and knowing that, he may not go all that high.

It would be fucking awesome to pick him up in R2.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up