ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 213
« First < 113163203209210211212213
The Lounge>Personal finance and investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
I know lewdog (and maybe others) have mentioned the desire to have a place to chat about personal finance stuff. We'll see if there's enough interest to keep this going in the long-term, but at least for now, here's a place to chat about whatever personal finance topics come up.



If you're just getting started thinking about saving and don't know where to begin,
this flow chart can help. Ask for advice in the thread for more help!
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:51 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didnít buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
I was pleased to look at my Target holdings today, even though they're not large. Nonetheless, it helps to make up for the day last week when I was holding the three biggest losing stocks in the S&P 500. That was a first.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didnít buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
For every stock that rockets around earnings, there's a fool who believed some hype and lost just as bad on the other end. Paper trade around stocks posting earnings for a while and see if you really can nail the volatility of earnings reports (I bet you can't!).
[Reply]
lewdog 05:35 PM 08-24-2019
Had my covered call on IQ called on Friday. Clear of that shitty stock!
[Reply]
scho63 05:54 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Iím selling covered calls on IQ around $17.50 until it sells. Iíll take the loss once one sticks and my shares are called away. Fuck this piece of shit.
You haven't done anything right with this stock. You got the Chinese curse! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:59 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
You haven't done anything right with this stock. You got the Chinese curse! :-)
Well at least I know when to cut my losses.

Oh wait. Fuck!!!!

At least Iím not down like Clay!
[Reply]
scho63 08:20 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Well at least I know when to cut my losses.

Oh wait. Fuck!!!!

At least Iím not down like Clay!
Clay has Xi Jinping and Donald Trump voodoo dolls that he sticks every morning. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:49 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Had my covered call on IQ called on Friday. Clear of that shitty stock!
That's good news for Clay. It should take off now that you're out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 09-11-2019
Yes!!! Suck my dick, lew!

iQIYI Joins Group to Develop Industry Standards for Interactive Video; ADRs Rise
2:04 PM ET 9/11/19 | Dow Jones

Originally Posted by :
By Stephen Nakrosis

The American depository receipts for internet video streaming and social media company iQIYI Inc. (IQ) are trading higher on the Nasdaq Tuesday, after the company said it joined a group in China which is working to develop industry standards for interactive video.

At 1:54 p.m. ET, the company's ADRs were trading 6.93% higher at $19.30. Volume was higher than usual, with over 12.8 million ADRs trading, above the 65-day average volume of some 6.6 million. The company's ADRs opened the day's trading at $18.29, and fell to as low as $18.20.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:24 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes!!! Suck my dick, lew!

iQIYI Joins Group to Develop Industry Standards for Interactive Video; ADRs Rise
2:04 PM ET 9/11/19 | Dow Jones
Cool.

Youíre still down 50%+ while the market has seen an all time high. Cut your losses and move on soon, sweetie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:27 AM 09-12-2019
this is a long term investment you whore!!!!

up again todaY!
[Reply]
lewdog 07:26 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is a long term investment you whore!!!!

up again todaY!
Youíre down 50% meaning.....

Itís has to gain 100% from its current price for you to get back to even.

Think about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 AM 09-13-2019
IQ up another 2% today.

THANK YOU LEW!!!!
[Reply]
lewdog 07:35 PM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
IQ up another 2% today.

THANK YOU LEW!!!!
I knew it would go up once I sold.

Youíre welcome!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:37 PM 09-13-2019
How much you got in XRP, lew?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How much you got in XRP, lew?
None.

I believe in tangible assets and real companies. This other shit is just uninformed gambling.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 213
« First < 113163203209210211212213
Up