ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:12 PM 04-09-2019
I'd be REALLY surprised if they took Simmons. given the PR nightmare of the Hill situation, I doubt Clark wants to be the Kansas City Domestic Abusers.

Guys don't have to be squeaky clean, but I doubt they're lining up for more issues.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:37 AM 04-20-2019
Rumor mill has it that Baker is dropping in value because he's a piece of shit and sucked at the combine drills - which I agree with.

Greedy is falling on a lot of teams boards and no one really knows why. Consider it paralysis by analysis. If he slips to #23 the Texans are extremely likely to pull the trigger on him.

Hearing Murphy will indeed be the first corner off the draft board. Lions want to move down and grab him, Steelers will also consider him at #20 if Bush isn't on the board.

Also the Packers and Chiefs continue to be in love with Juan Thornhill. Very, very high chance he's taken in the back half of the first round if no one on our board is available and we can't find trading partners.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Rumor mill has it that Baker is dropping in value because he's a piece of shit and sucked at the combine drills - which I agree with.

Greedy is falling on a lot of teams boards and no one really knows why. Consider it paralysis by analysis. If he slips to #23 the Texans are extremely likely to pull the trigger on him.

Hearing Murphy will indeed be the first corner off the draft board. Lions want to move down and grab him, Steelers will also consider him at #20 if Bush isn't on the board.

Also the Packers and Chiefs continue to be in love with Juan Thornhill. Very, very high chance he's taken in the back half of the first round if no one on our board is available and we can't find trading partners.
Link?
[Reply]
Iconic 10:51 AM 04-20-2019
Podcast with Tony Pauline. Same as every week staylor
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 04-20-2019
I’m to the point now that the draft just needs to get here and be over with. I hate this period of time where it’s all rumors and lies about who is going where.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:55 AM 04-20-2019
Juan Thornhill FTW!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:58 AM 04-20-2019
“I. Love. Dan Jones,” Brandt said via teleconference for Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I have to say this carefully: When you watch him and you go back (20) years and watch Peyton Manning, you are watching the same guy. He’s athletic. He doesn’t have a rocket for an arm, but neither did Peyton. Very smart.”
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:59 AM 04-20-2019

JUAN THORNHILL

PLAYER BIO

Thornhill looked destined for collegiate athletic success after he made SportsCenter as a high school basketball player due to his dunking prowess. He was also an All-State defender and quarterback for a two-time state champion Altavista High School in Virginia. Thornhill played in nine games as a reserve as a true freshman (two tackles), then became a starter as sophomore, leading the Cavs with three interceptions to go along with 45 tackles, three for loss, and seven pass breakups in 12 games (11 starts). He garnered third-team All-ACC honors in 2017, starting 12 games and posting 63 tackles, 4.5 for loss, four interceptions and 12 pass breakups. Thornhill saved his best for last, grabbing first-team all-conference accolades as a senior by leading Virginia in total tackles (98) and interceptions (six, which tied for third in the FBS) while also making 4.5 tackles for loss and breaking up seven passes.

Overview

Three-year starter who proved he could bring his instincts and ball skills with him from cornerback to safety in 2018. Thornhill's size and cover talent should allow defensive coordinators the freedom to deploy him around the field in a variety of ways depending on the matchups and his running mate at safety. While he could garner consideration as a corner, safety gives him his best opportunity to become an early starter.

Strengths

Weaknesses

Sources Tell Us

"We look for safeties who can take it away, and that's what he does. It wouldn't surprise me if a team drafted him to move him back to corner since he's long with ball skills." -- Regional scout for NFC team

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/juan-thornhill?id=32195448-4f54-9495-af73-48eb17033beb
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 04-20-2019
Podcast with Tony Pauline. Same as every week staylor
Thanks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:06 PM 04-20-2019

From what I read.on Greedy is that some believe that he won't handle being a celebrity well with the company he keeps ( partying, making poor decisions off of the field)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:11 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Juan Thornhill FTW!
Yes!!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:24 PM 04-20-2019
Kiper and McShay team mock has us with Greedy Williams
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:27 PM 04-20-2019
Would love Murphy or Simmons.

Starting to wonder if Hakeem Butler might be a possibility.

6'6'' WR to give Mahomes another target.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:58 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Would love Murphy or Simmons.

Starting to wonder if Hakeem Butler might be a possibility.

6'6'' WR to give Mahomes another target.
I wouldn't be opposed. We're one Tyreek court ruling away from Watkins as our number 1 all season. How many full seasons has Watkins played?

Somewhere in the first 3 rounds we'll need to take a WR. AJ Brown would be a good pick too, should he fall.

Lots of guys in the second and third have potential.

I want 3 defensive players and one WR in the first 3 rounds, personally.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:05 PM 04-20-2019
I'd rather not draft a receiver in the first with dicks for hands itis but I wouldn't mind Butler in the late 2nd
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Up