ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Iconic 02:41 PM 03-29-2019
Lol 4th is not happening. That's just dramatic ass writing. Let's be real he's gone by the 3rd so if we want him the 63rd is realistically our best bet.

I personally would roll the dice on him @ 63 if there's no top edge available at 29.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 03-29-2019
When people say that a player's interviews went badly, it always makes me curious what was said. Does anyone know?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:50 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When people say that a player's interviews went badly, it always makes me curious what was said. Does anyone know?
I always picture the player just shitting on the desk and running.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:53 PM 03-29-2019
Seeing the interview with him...you really have to wonder what numbskull he hired to be his agent.

I mean, usually, they coach these kids on what to say and how to act and he looks like nobody's coached him AT ALL on this whole process.

He's a little light for a 4-3 end, but if he were there in the 2nd I think you'd have to think long and hard about it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:54 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Wow, that would be a historic fall from grace

He won't fall THAT far but, wow
I'd think about in the second; I'd sprint to the podium in the 3rd.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:17 PM 03-29-2019
I'm guessing he is just an idiot. Went to a sec school so obviously didn't do any of the work himself.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:08 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Wow, that would be a historic fall from grace

He won't fall THAT far but, wow
Vontez Burfict style
[Reply]
kcclone 08:00 PM 03-29-2019

There are probably many reasons, that aren't too dissimilar to F'ing up a job interview in the real world:

-Acting like you don't really want to be there (too good for the team or City or being aloof)
-Being an ass to at least one of: Andy, Veach, the coordinator, Patrick or the position coach
-Indicating from your words, body language or actions that you're lazy, immature or selfish.
-Giving indication that you only care about the money. Not the team, coaches, or winning.
-Appearing dumber than a box of rocks.
-Indicating that your personal life is a trainwreck or you're crazy.

I do a lot of hiring and interviews, and I'm always amazed at how many people are flat out BAD at hiding their true colors or intentions.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:21 PM 04-01-2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The #Raiders are working out only two top QBs: Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins. What does it all mean? pic.twitter.com/tHcb7aDZhf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 1, 2019

You've gotta wonder :-)
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:26 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

You've gotta wonder :-)
It means they will draft Lock. They just want to make sure hes there.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:57 PM 04-01-2019
Haskins in LA would be a possible concern.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:15 PM 04-02-2019

Word I'm getting from Alabama pro day Part II is neither Deionte Thompson nor Christian Miller ran the forty. Thompson did participate in position drills.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) April 2, 2019

So Rapp ran a 4.74 and Deionte didn't run at all. Both are pretty much day 2 guys at this point.
[Reply]
In58men 06:37 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

So Rapp ran a 4.74 and Deionte didn't run at all. Both are pretty much day 2 guys at this point.
Who?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:03 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Seeing the interview with him...you really have to wonder what numbskull he hired to be his agent.

I mean, usually, they coach these kids on what to say and how to act and he looks like nobody's coached him AT ALL on this whole process.

He's a little light for a 4-3 end, but if he were there in the 2nd I think you'd have to think long and hard about it.
So you actually saw one of his interviews? Got a link to that interview?
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:05 PM 04-02-2019

stop don't encourage this

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) April 2, 2019

this is war

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) April 3, 2019

LOL
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up