ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 754 of 2693
« First < 254654704744750751752753754 75575675775876480485412541754 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:01 PM 05-15-2018
We don't need to hate on Watson to enjoy Mahomes.

I think they're both going to be very good when healthy in the league. I'd enjoy playoff games between the two.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:04 PM 05-15-2018
I for one hope he does well. The kid is a great human being..
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:05 PM 05-15-2018

Look at the play @5:20 against KC.

We call that a "50/50" ball, but if that were Mahomes it'd be threading the needle on a deep pass.

I know guys. I called him a weak armed, 50/50 gimmick QB too. But the more i think about it, the less i think that's fair.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:11 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Watson also tossed a lot of 50/50 balls and I think got pretty luck that they ended up going more 90/10. I don't see that year one trend continuing, at least not at the rate it was. We'll see. Don't mean he's a bust, I just think there was a lot of things that just fell his way.

Dude I'm telling you he really didn't throw alot of 50/50 balls for touch downs. He threw alot of back shoulder fades or quick ins. Mix in a few of the beautiful deep balls.

The kids arm I thought was weak going in, but this throw and the one vs Seahawks was pretty badass.

I hope its him and Mahomes dueling one day in the AFC because it will be a hell of a game.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:12 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

We call that a "50/50" ball, but if that were Mahomes it'd be threading the needle on a deep pass.

I know guys. I called him a weak armed, 50/50 gimmick QB too. But the more i think about it, the less i think that's fair.
Exactly my point look at the throws during the Seahawks game. look at the throw at 7:56
[Reply]
Shag 02:14 PM 05-15-2018
I thought his arm looked a lot better in the Pros than it did in college. Shrug. I don't know, maybe I/we were wrong about his arm strength. Didn't seem like a problem at all last season.

Sure, he's no gun slinger. But he's not noodle armed either.
49MPH at the combine says otherwise.

I think CP is hard on Watson because we don't want to be wrong about Mahomes, so we shit all over Watson in the process.

Nothing Watson did last season should warrant any doubt or criticism.

We say, "he just threw it up", but that's what we're all excited to see Mahomes do. Seems hypocritical.
Uh...no. People want Mahomes to stretch the field, not chuck up prayers. Huge difference.

And ftr, I couldn't give two shits whether Watson succeeds or not. I do think his lack of arm strength could be an issue, but time will tell.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:14 PM 05-15-2018
Whole lot of throwing up prayers and outstanding receiving talent getting them.

Mahomes has pro throws Watson can't dream of pulling off.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:17 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Well looking at the tape says otherwise...... Watson can make all the throws.... Because he showed he could.

Originally Posted by Shag:
49MPH at the combine says otherwise.

Uh...no. People want Mahomes to stretch the field, not chuck up prayers. Huge difference.
You guys are really letting the one game vs us shape your whole opinion. You really shouldn't
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:18 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Show me 3 TD's of Watson that were "Prayers". Not debating arm talent, but you guys are being hella biased
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:18 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

Dude I'm telling you he really didn't throw alot of 50/50 balls for touch downs. He threw alot of back shoulder fades or quick ins. Mix in a few of the beautiful deep balls.

The kids arm I thought was weak going in, but this throw and the one vs Seahawks was pretty badass.

I hope its him and Mahomes dueling one day in the AFC because it will be a hell of a game.
When Mahomes does this for us we will all be digging ice out of the cooler for our crotches
[Reply]
Shaid 02:20 PM 05-15-2018

I don't have a problem with that pass, it's one he should take. The next one is closer to 50/50 but you have Deandre Hopkins against our pathetic secondary so I'd take those odds any day. The one at 6:30 is much more a jump ball. I don't know, maybe him having Hopkins and Fuller(especially Hopkins) makes me look at him like he just has some great talent around him. The same will be the case this year with Mahomes though. I just feel like Hopkins is maybe the best player in the league to toss those jump balls to but maybe he just knows it too and takes advantage of it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:21 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
When Mahomes does this for us we will all be digging ice out of the cooler for our crotches
Agreed, having someone who is willing to launch one 50+ yards will be amazing... Considering the Cheetah will have time to run under it. The difference between Watson and Mahomes break down to one thing I can observe right now....

Watson best throw might go 60+ yards in the air

Mahomes best throw might go 80+ yards in the air

I didn't want Watson because of his throwing speed, but after watching the games (I'm in market) I don't think he throws 49MPH during game day.
[Reply]
Shag 02:21 PM 05-15-2018

Who would call that a 50/50 ball? You're creating a false narrative to support your position.

These, however, are 50/50 balls, and bad decisions that happened to work out (apparently, can't embed with a timestamp):

https://youtu.be/vLCwWSrHv2w?t=3m3s

https://youtu.be/vLCwWSrHv2w?t=3m53s
[Reply]
-King- 02:22 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
How could Orlovsky teach anyone to play QB? He sucked ass. Alex was a good mentor now it’s time for Mahomes to play and gain experience
How did Reid do as an NFL quarterback?

Since when is it required to be a good player to teach others?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:22 PM 05-15-2018
Show me 3 TD's of Watson that were "Prayers". Not debating arm talent, but you guys are being hella biased
that sounds like a lot of work but there's one against the chiefs that the receiver literally took it out of the dback's hands.

Hopkins is an amazing receiver and Fuller is too. What I don't see is a lot of Aaron Rodgers passes.
[Reply]
Page 754 of 2693
« First < 254654704744750751752753754 75575675775876480485412541754 > Last »
Up