ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 662
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
pr_capone 11:40 PM 11-16-2013
HORSE SHIT. ABSOLUTE HORSE SHIT. GSP lost that fight and lost it decisively. Ridiculous decision by the judges.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:44 PM 11-16-2013
And peeps make fun of boxing, that was a fucking Robbery. Pierrre got fuced up.

Hate when i see any combat sport get hosed in this manner. They put so much work into it only to be fucked by something they couldnt control
[Reply]
Sorter 11:48 PM 11-16-2013
Churella's revenge.
[Reply]
DRU 12:01 AM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
And peeps make fun of boxing, that was a ****ing Robbery. Pierrre got fuced up.

Hate when i see any combat sport get hosed in this manner. They put so much work into it only to be ****ed by something they couldnt control
I've been a big GSP fan ever since I saw his first fight. My untrained eye absolutely agrees that Hendricks won this fight. He really beat him up pretty good. I was sure he won...until I realized it was a split decision. As soon as Buffer started reading the first instead of saying unanimous decision I had a feeling GSP was going to keep his belt.

There are so many little pitter patter shots thrown in these fights, and it's hard to know how those things are judged. Also, takedowns vs. escapes...which gives more points? There are all sorts of things like that that happen in these fights, and if you're not sitting there with count clickers in your hands and really scoring these things it's tough to know. I really wish they would talk to judges after fights like they do the fighters, or maybe in the press conferences or something. Tell us WHY!?

I've watched every UFC since number one, and what I can say after all these years being a fan of this sport is that the theory that "you have to really take it from a champion" seems to hold true more often than not. Seems like if you're a challenger and it goes to a decision you're probably going to lose. To take a belt away, especially from a long time holder like GSP, you've gotta finish him one way or another.

All of that said...Hendricks was robbed.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:14 AM 11-17-2013
I had it 3-2 GSP and called it on FB before it was announced. GSP took 2, 3, and 5. The only round up for grabs was 2 and that's where the split came in.

Also Hendrix tapped to that choke in the 1st, but the ref missed it.

I'll also say I liked Hendrix until he cried like a baby after the fight. You're a US fighter that got beat by a Canadian in Vegas and you got your ass booed out of the Octagon. I lost a lot of respect for the whiny ass.

If it was a fight at a bar I'd give it to Hendrix, but they score these by round and GSP won the most tonight. Sorry fellas.
[Reply]
salame 12:14 AM 11-17-2013
hay mma sucks now
go chuefs
[Reply]
jd1020 12:47 AM 11-17-2013
I gave round 2 and 5 to GSP and 1 and 4 to Hendricks. I gave round 3 to GSP until the final seconds with Hendricks' take down. It all came down to how much that take down changed the round in the eyes of the judges, imo. I don't really have a problem with the decision. Could have gone either way.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:00 AM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I gave round 2 and 5 to GSP and 1 and 4 to Hendricks. I gave round 3 to GSP until the final seconds with Hendricks' take down. It all came down to how much that take down changed the round in the eyes of the judges, imo. I don't really have a problem with the decision. Could have gone either way.
What's funny is after Hendrix bitching about the decision at the press conference he said he thought he won 3-2 giving GSP 3 and 5. He also said that he thought he controlled the fight after the first 2 minutes so he's basically saying GSP at least won half of round 1. What a dumbass.

I've got people all over facebook that saw Johnny tap in the 1st on that choke. It was 3 quick taps on GSP's back and then he popped out or GSP let go. I'm surprised it's not getting brought up.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:03 AM 11-17-2013
Okay. It looks like it's getting more play now. People rewatched the fight and saw the tap.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/sho...3#post89059393
[Reply]
pr_capone 01:11 AM 11-17-2013
I don't see a tap. He was moving his forearm around but his hand made no tapping gesture that I can see.

[Reply]
jd1020 01:13 AM 11-17-2013
I was at a sports bar watching with some friends and I mentioned the "tap" and they said the same thing, but w/e.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:14 AM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I don't see a tap. He was moving his forearm around but his hand made no tapping gesture that I can see.

It was a tapping motion, but looking at it now I don't think he was tapping to a submission. He didn't make the tapping motion until after George released the choke.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:15 AM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
You can't see him tap Pierre's thigh about 3 or 4 times after he brings his arm out from inside of his legs?

I called it a tap when I first saw it, but it seemed to be a very quick tap out so I kind of dismissed it.
[Reply]
pr_capone 01:18 AM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
You can't see him tap Pierre's thigh about 3 or 4 times after he brings his arm out from inside of his legs?

I called it a tap when I first saw it, but it seemed to be a very quick tap out so I kind of dismissed it.
I've never seen anyone tap out with their hand in a C shape... always flat palmed. It looks like he is fighting for position and not tapping. At least it looks that way to me. If you look, GSP lets go well before JH's hand (in a C shape) taps him.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:19 AM 11-17-2013
Really not sure how anyone can see that as anything other than a tapping motion.

He's definitely not fighting for position. He's not pushing on Pierre with that hand or grabbing... he's tapping.
[Reply]
Page 200 of 662
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Up