ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 197 of 662
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Sorter 03:24 PM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by 49311:
I agree... Even though I hope he does beat Anderson..
( I would love to see him get humbled)
I am biased too... I have sat in that arena.. Watched him fight to many times..
Years ago in Chicago. . Or was it Vegas, they all blend together both were fights where Sean Sherk was fighting..
Anderson actually apologized ( how many times now ) for his performance.
He could have ended to fight but he ... Danced around for all of the rounds till the very end.. Never making contact.
Probably the Thales fight.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:15 AM 05-30-2013
Holy fuck. Once again, I'm late with updates and didn't do any pbp for last weekends event.

To sum up, Cain looked like a slower, less athletic, heavyweight Shogun Rua with better boxing/head movement. While I don't want to see him vs. Cigano right now (would rather build that fight up), the 3rd match is going to be awesome if junior doesn't gas out and works on his footwork+ a variety of things defensively (which I can go into more indepth later if anyone would like).

Junior looked solid but it seemed that Rogan/Goldy were really missing on how often Hunt was able to counter with his lead hook. Once Cigano got the timing down, he was able to land his OHR quite easily. A far mor difficult task with Cain, IMO. The wheel kick was awesome and it was crazy he finally landed it in the UFC against Hunt.

Was really surprised by maynard. His footwork, stance, and striking has looked so much more polished since working with Nova Uniao. Shocked by the outcome. I don't know if Grant has power or if Gray's chin is deteriorating, but damn.

Glover looked like vintage Teixeira. I don't think he can beat Jones but he's a solid prospect with good skills. Unfortunately, his TDD and inability to secure wrists/work aggressively and effectively off his back make that a poor style matchup.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:18 AM 05-30-2013
Didn't think this was thread worthy but funny. These guys are fucked btw. Nobody in Brasil is going to want anything to do with them because of this video.

Can't wait for Pettis/Jose though. Can't wait.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:04 PM 10-19-2013
Anybody gonna watch UFC 166 tonight?
My friend Gino is gonna be a judge. I think it's pretty cool. His first time in the "big leagues"
I'ma throw down tree fitty on xmeforums and watch on the cheap.
Cain vs Junior oughta be good.
fat boy Roy never ceases to amaze me.
I really hope Dodson gets knocked out. he's annoying as hell.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:16 PM 10-19-2013
I'm planning on watching it. Even if the main event doesn't live up to the hype, there are several other interesting matches.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:23 PM 10-19-2013
nightmare is showing his age. wow. seems like yesterday he was on the ultimate fighter. time flies.

the bald mexican judge is my homey!
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:12 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
Anybody gonna watch UFC 166 tonight?
My friend Gino is gonna be a judge. I think it's pretty cool. His first time in the "big leagues"
I'ma throw down tree fitty on xmeforums and watch on the cheap.
Cain vs Junior oughta be good.
fat boy Roy never ceases to amaze me.
I really hope Dodson gets knocked out. he's annoying as hell.
Yep I will be watching. I havnt missed one ever- been watching UFC from the start. It sure has changed a lot.
[Reply]
frankotank 03:49 PM 10-19-2013
I love the sport.
I'm liking the ultimate fighter this year much better than I thought I would. some of those girls are crazy good. that fight between the tall blonde and the short latina gal....that was awesome! c-c-cat fight! I can't wait to see rousey and and tate square off
[Reply]
alnorth 04:12 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I love the sport.
I'm liking the ultimate fighter this year much better than I thought I would. some of those girls are crazy good. that fight between the tall blonde and the short latina gal....that was awesome! c-c-cat fight! I can't wait to see rousey and and tate square off
This is probably the only sport, outside the olympics, where I'm totally fine with watching the women's version.

Basketball, even boxing, no thanks. I'd rather turn the TV off and do anything else. UFC? Sure, OK.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 04:15 PM 10-19-2013
I'll be watching.
[Reply]
Sorter 04:26 PM 10-19-2013
Pague
Larsen

Ferguson
Waldburger
G-Sot
Kaufman
Lombard (Nate's chin is gone)
Boetsch
Dodson
Gonzaga
Melendez
Cormier
JDS

I know almost nothing about the majority of the prelim guys, so I'm taking a stab in the dark on most of those.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:46 PM 10-19-2013
According to the internet, Waldburger got taken out on a stretcher. No movement, thats why the crowd was pretty quiet during the victory announcement.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:52 PM 10-19-2013
I've lost a lot of interest in MMA lately. Dont know why. Women in MMA is just silly as hell. Having one of them be a TUF coach is even more silly.

I'm really tired of having to watch scrubs like Frank Mir and Wanderlei Silva, Roy Nelson and other has beens on these major cards.

JDS and Velasquez are the only ones worth a crap in the HW division. Dana is going to milk that matchup for cash as much as he can. We'll probably see them fight eachother again 3 more times I'm sure.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 06:03 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I've lost a lot of interest in MMA lately. Dont know why. Women in MMA is just silly as hell. Having one of them be a TUF coach is even more silly.

I'm really tired of having to watch scrubs like Frank Mir and Wanderlei Silva, Roy Nelson and other has beens on these major cards.

JDS and Velasquez are the only ones worth a crap in the HW division. Dana is going to milk that matchup for cash as much as he can. We'll probably see them fight eachother again 3 more times I'm sure.
If you can't appreciate some of the Women MMA fighters in the UFC maybe you should just stick with watching the WWE.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:09 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
If you can't appreciate some of the Women MMA fighters in the UFC maybe you should just stick with watching the WWE.
WWE is terrible now too.

And let's not forget the obvious. The 2 women MMA fighters that have gotten major publicity in recent years are Rousey and Carano. And they got popular not for fighting (successful or not), but because of their looks instead. The had sex appeal, and so their respected companies and sponsors ran w/ that.

I mean you have to be a fucking moron to shell out $60 for a PPV with Rousey headlining the main event.
[Reply]
Page 197 of 662
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Up