ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 144
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 10:53 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
I mean this in jest I’m not attacking you. But do some of you watch football?
Tannehill ran all over the chiefs this year in Tennessee. Yes he’s mobile and hard to bring down as well. I don’t quite understand the over confidence in chiefs fans. Yes we have the single best player in the universe right now but the chiefs also have the terrible playoff history anchor that they still need to prove they’ve ditched. And again I disagree with most on this site. The titans will have the second best player on their side on Sunday. Henry is statistically playing as (please understand this means just right now at this moment) the best RB of all time.
1. Overcoming a 24 point deficit in last week's playoff game was a significant step towards overcoming their playoff anchor
2. I think having the best player in the universe sort of makes any prior playoff game outcomes obsolete

We did get run over by Tannehill. I especially remember him trucking a couple of our players at the goal line to cap a late TD drive they had. Henry is playing like a man possessed, that's a given and can't be argued. The flip side to that is you know exactly what the Titans are going to do and you hopefully game plan for that. The first meeting, I believe Spags even said they anticipated Tannehill to sling it all over the field, so they got caught with their pants down when Henry was shoved down our throats. I can't imagine he makes that same mistake. Granted, stopping him is altogether another story, but the game plan alone should be miles better.

I'm by no means booking my ticket to Miami, but I certainly believe this team can and SHOULD win this game. Mahomes will have another "over my dead body" game where he refuses to lose another home AFCCG.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:58 AM 01-14-2020
Claiborne?
[Reply]
MGRS13 11:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
1. Overcoming a 24 point deficit in last week's playoff game was a significant step towards overcoming their playoff anchor
2. I think having the best player in the universe sort of makes any prior playoff game outcomes obsolete

We did get run over by Tannehill. I especially remember him trucking a couple of our players at the goal line to cap a late TD drive they had. Henry is playing like a man possessed, that's a given and can't be argued. The flip side to that is you know exactly what the Titans are going to do and you hopefully game plan for that. The first meeting, I believe Spags even said they anticipated Tannehill to sling it all over the field, so they got caught with their pants down when Henry was shoved down our throats. I can't imagine he makes that same mistake. Granted, stopping him is altogether another story, but the game plan alone should be miles better.

I'm by no means booking my ticket to Miami, but I certainly believe this team can and SHOULD win this game. Mahomes will have another "over my dead body" game where he refuses to lose another home AFCCG.
I’m on board with 100% of this. If the chiefs have one big advantage it’s that they all ready know the titans game plan. Same game plan that’s been run by 100 teams 1000 times. It works a lot though. Hopefully spags is watching a lot of games from the 80s and early 90s. Wish the chiefs had one or two more LBs like ragland right now.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:13 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
...The Texans had a top 10 defense...

Uhhh......... :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:18 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Uhhh......... :-)
:-)
[Reply]
MGRS13 11:31 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Claiborne?
Mystery
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:36 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tannehill is mobile. He's a converted WR.
He throws like one too.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:39 AM 01-14-2020
Sorry if this was discussed, but that game really wasnt that close until a series of crazy things happening right at the end.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:40 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
He throws like one too.
Not lately. He threw some bombs last week that were beautiful.

Hes not in Mahomes league, but hes much better than people give him credit for.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:42 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Sorry if this was discussed, but that game really wasnt that close until a series of crazy things happening right at the end.

The Damien Williams fumble for the TD was the real killer IMO.

We were driving at will all game. That took what could’ve been a TD drive for us and turned it into an automatic TD for them. 14 point swing.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

This game would be like if Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Bono were going to play Jim Kelly and the Bills offense and we sat there saying shit like "oh man Bono has made some good throws" while Kelly is beating his entire post season state line in basically a quarter.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:46 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

He threw one long pass which accounted for most of his entire passing yardage for the game.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:50 AM 01-14-2020
We've lost a few fluke games to Tennessee. That luck is going to run out and the superior team will prevail.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 01-14-2020
:-) 5 of Tannehills 7 completed passes were within 5 yards of the LOS last week.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:53 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
We've lost a few fluke games to Tennessee. That luck is going to run out and the superior team will prevail.
Icing Succop
Mariota to Mariota and the Forward Progress Strip Sack
Fucking up 2 Field Goal Attempts and the Blake Bell screen

Reid needs this one. Zero chance we take our foot off the gas.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 144
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up